Epic Games Store free games

whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Epic Games Store free games

Post by whyme466 »

Observer & Alan Wake's American Nightmare - October 17-24

Layers of Fear and Q.U.B.E.2 - October 24-31
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Epic Games Store free games

Post by skyrimer »

Not a friend of EGS but free games are free games, grabbing the observer and Alan wake now.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

I'm the same way, free games are free games, and actually cost Epic some money, so I'm down with that. Also it's been a surprisingly good source of games for testing purposes.

Latest 3DFM 1.74 (and HelixVision) has a fix for not automatically finding some of the Epic games. I went through the entire list and updated the profiles to match their random changes. Let me know if you have a game that is not found, but I think I hit them all.
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

whyme466 wrote:Observer & Alan Wake's American Nightmare - October 17-24

Layers of Fear and Q.U.B.E.2 - October 24-31

Highly recommend both Layers of Fear and Q.U.B.E.2 this week. I already own both unfortunately, but both have excellent fixes thanks to DHR and Losti.

Q.U.B.E.2 is a good looking first person puzzler, Losti even included a hotkey to disable the hands so you can crank up the convergence to make the environment look amazing in 3D (You don't need the hands visually for solving the puzzles). FREE 3D games is always good in my book, no matter who is giving them out ;)
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Nuclear Throne and Ruiner - November 7-14

SOMA and Costume Quest - October 31 - November 7
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Nuclear Throne is one of my favourite twin-stick shooters/roguelites. Be sure to give it a try if you haven't already. And while talking off-3D-topic, I played through The Messenger this week through the $1 MS Game Pass special, and I must say that's one of the best games I've played this decade. I implore everyone to play that at their earliest opportunity. (like ponying up the $1 for MSGP now while you can. Can't go wrong for $1)
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

DJ-RK wrote:Nuclear Throne is one of my favourite twin-stick shooters/roguelites. Be sure to give it a try if you haven't already. And while talking off-3D-topic, I played through The Messenger this week through the $1 MS Game Pass special, and I must say that's one of the best games I've played this decade. I implore everyone to play that at their earliest opportunity. (like ponying up the $1 for MSGP now while you can. Can't go wrong for $1)
Oh man, simultaneously thanks very much for that tip, and also I hate you.

Great tip, there are some games worth taking a look at there for $1, including Outer Worlds. I can do some further testing with HelixVision, and see how these might work.

At the same time, this became a giant time sink, because Microsoft is the most retarded software company around, and makes getting this working a huge pain in the ass. The usual Microsoft error messages that read like "The flayrod ran askew on the treadle." Then you click help, and it takes you to some generic bullshit like "did you reboot?"

To sum up about 3 hours of research of why the f* does this not work- it *requires* 1903. No error message ever says that, but it does. Also use the XBox App, the Microsoft Store doesn't work. Because, you know, Microsoft.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

bo3bber wrote:
DJ-RK wrote:Nuclear Throne is one of my favourite twin-stick shooters/roguelites. Be sure to give it a try if you haven't already. And while talking off-3D-topic, I played through The Messenger this week through the $1 MS Game Pass special, and I must say that's one of the best games I've played this decade. I implore everyone to play that at their earliest opportunity. (like ponying up the $1 for MSGP now while you can. Can't go wrong for $1)
Oh man, simultaneously thanks very much for that tip, and also I hate you.

Great tip, there are some games worth taking a look at there for $1, including Outer Worlds. I can do some further testing with HelixVision, and see how these might work.

At the same time, this became a giant time sink, because Microsoft is the most retarded software company around, and makes getting this working a huge pain in the ass. The usual Microsoft error messages that read like "The flayrod ran askew on the treadle." Then you click help, and it takes you to some generic bullshit like "did you reboot?"

To sum up about 3 hours of research of why the f* does this not work- it *requires* 1903. No error message ever says that, but it does. Also use the XBox App, the Microsoft Store doesn't work. Because, you know, Microsoft.
Awww, yeah, I was already on 1903 so I was good to go. Sorry to hear you lost your time and patience, but hopefully you're now able to enjoy the selection. Go play The Messenger, I guarantee it'll make you feel better. :D
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Is the Messenger 3D ready?
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Chtiblue wrote:Is the Messenger 3D ready?
Not sure if you've seen the videos and are being sarcastic or if a serious question, so I'll answer as a serious Q to be safe.

No. It's a spiritual successor to the NES Ninja Gaiden games, so it's an 8-bit/16-bit 2D sidescroller. Hence why I said earlier "while talking off-3D-topic" referring to the fact it's an oldschool 2D game.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

DJ-RK wrote:Awww, yeah, I was already on 1903 so I was good to go. Sorry to hear you lost your time and patience, but hopefully you're now able to enjoy the selection. Go play The Messenger, I guarantee it'll make you feel better. :D
Heh! Yep, this is just shades of Games for Windows Live, and PTSD. Microsoft is unbelievably terrible at maintaining their software.

Just a heads up for anyone tempted to go this path- I'd recommend only doing this for the cheap intro or maybe one or two games that are interesting here. I'd bet money that Microsoft drops this entire thing 2 years from now, because they have never, ever put any real effort into PC gaming. If you bet on this horse, I bet you will lose.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

DJ-RK wrote:
Chtiblue wrote:Is the Messenger 3D ready?
Not sure if you've seen the videos and are being sarcastic or if a serious question, so I'll answer as a serious Q to be safe.

No. It's a spiritual successor to the NES Ninja Gaiden games, so it's an 8-bit/16-bit 2D sidescroller. Hence why I said earlier "while talking off-3D-topic" referring to the fact it's an oldschool 2D game.
You can get The Messenger as the current free game on Epic Game Store for the next week.

Just noting for anyone that might not be stoked about stepping back into the abuse the Microsoft provides with their gaming stuff. Current state of their "Xbox Game Pass for PC" is the usual Microsoft barely works, and locked down. Installed a game, wouldn't run. No error message, no forums to find out why. Uninstall, reinstall, then it works. Currently no modding that isn't expressly allowed by them. It's probably worth $1, but it's pretty annoying.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Just saw a pretty major game will be free Feb 13 - Feb 20 on EGS:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

The massive role-playing game developed by Warhorse Studios will be available for free on the Epic Games Store alongside Aztez next week in its Royal Edition, which includes all of the DLC packs released so far.

I wish I could use that DLC on my steam copy, I still need to get back to finishing this game. It has an excellent 3D fix by Losti, and is an extremely immersive RPG. For free, I recommend checking it out!
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

It has been on my wishlist for a long time, thanks for the heads up :)
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Ok everyone, Killing Floor 2 is available on Epic Games for free, I'd highly recommend people to pick it up while they can, not because I think it's the bestest game evarrrrr or anything, but rather because while thinking about some different approaches I might take to creating some shaderhacking lessons I came up with the idea that I might do a walkthrough of fixing a relatively easy to fix game, and KF2 is what I had already decided would be the one I would choose, so in case I ever manage to follow through on that plan I'd recommend anyone interested in participating to grab it now while it's free.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

DJ-RK wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:09 am Ok everyone, Killing Floor 2 is available on Epic Games for free, I'd highly recommend people to pick it up while they can, not because I think it's the bestest game evarrrrr or anything, but rather because while thinking about some different approaches I might take to creating some shaderhacking lessons I came up with the idea that I might do a walkthrough of fixing a relatively easy to fix game, and KF2 is what I had already decided would be the one I would choose, so in case I ever manage to follow through on that plan I'd recommend anyone interested in participating to grab it now while it's free.
thanks for the heads up, I grabbed Lifeless Planet for 3D but did not bother with Killing Floor 2. I will claim it next time I am on, shaderhacker lessons is a great idea..
Skawen

Post by Skawen »

Will grab today!

This is interesting to try Your lessons.
drastic00
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by drastic00 »

DJ-RK wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:09 am ...shaderhacking lessons...
Yes. This, please. I've used UE4 Universal Fix, and I understand how to use the hunting tool for disabling a shader. Beyond that, I'm clueless. I am capable of following well-written directions, though.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

DJ-RK wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:09 am Ok everyone, Killing Floor 2 is available on Epic Games for free, I'd highly recommend people to pick it up while they can, not because I think it's the bestest game evarrrrr or anything, but rather because while thinking about some different approaches I might take to creating some shaderhacking lessons I came up with the idea that I might do a walkthrough of fixing a relatively easy to fix game, and KF2 is what I had already decided would be the one I would choose, so in case I ever manage to follow through on that plan I'd recommend anyone interested in participating to grab it now while it's free.
IIRC there was some discussion about where to host or create these lessons. I'd like to recommend that you post them on the current School for ShaderHackers wiki. The wiki is open for anyone to add content as they see fit. I'll be keeping the hosting running indefinitely, and it's a full version of wiki, so you can add whatever multimedia makes sense.

No pressure, but if you decide to start creating this, it would be logical place to start because it's already fully up and running.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Yeah, I saw that discussion and am happy to use that as the platform, provided I can actually figure it out. Seeing that discussion prompted me to login to my account there that I used while completing your old lessons (was fun to go down memory lane and see what I posted for each lesson!), but I couldn't really see how I could make my own pages and content, it only looked like it would have let me edit the stuff I had already posted. Probably just not seeing the link I need or in the wrong section, but I'll try to figure it out.
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

drastic00 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:28 pm
DJ-RK wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:09 am ...shaderhacking lessons...
Yes. This, please. I've used UE4 Universal Fix, and I understand how to use the hunting tool for disabling a shader. Beyond that, I'm clueless. I am capable of following well-written directions, though.

Mi aggiungo alla richiesta Grazie
I add myself to the request Thanks
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

DJ-RK wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:57 pm Yeah, I saw that discussion and am happy to use that as the platform, provided I can actually figure it out. Seeing that discussion prompted me to login to my account there that I used while completing your old lessons (was fun to go down memory lane and see what I posted for each lesson!), but I couldn't really see how I could make my own pages and content, it only looked like it would have let me edit the stuff I had already posted. Probably just not seeing the link I need or in the wrong section, but I'll try to figure it out.
It's a little strange, but Wikis use the idea that if you search for something and can't find it- then they offer to create a new paged named after your search. I don't remember ever seeing anything like a New Page command or anything similar.

If that doesn't seem right we can always make you an admin, although I think all that does is allow you edit the home page directly. I think the only pages that are locked are the ones for my lessons, but it's been awhile.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

bo3bber wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:02 am
DJ-RK wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:57 pm Yeah, I saw that discussion and am happy to use that as the platform, provided I can actually figure it out. Seeing that discussion prompted me to login to my account there that I used while completing your old lessons (was fun to go down memory lane and see what I posted for each lesson!), but I couldn't really see how I could make my own pages and content, it only looked like it would have let me edit the stuff I had already posted. Probably just not seeing the link I need or in the wrong section, but I'll try to figure it out.
It's a little strange, but Wikis use the idea that if you search for something and can't find it- then they offer to create a new paged named after your search. I don't remember ever seeing anything like a New Page command or anything similar.

If that doesn't seem right we can always make you an admin, although I think all that does is allow you edit the home page directly. I think the only pages that are locked are the ones for my lessons, but it's been awhile.
Oh yeah, that sounds highly unintuitive. Really wouldn't have thought to try that, so thanks for mentioning. I'll give that a try later and see how it turns out.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Tocoma is now free on Epic.

I played it on release using unity universal fix, but it now has an official fix on Helixblog. excellent in 3D for free
friendlinzh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by friendlinzh »

i like Killing Floor 2.
This game is excellent and stands far ahead of many other first person shooter games, including OverWatch. It's great support for modding, and many Maps their user created, and a lot of variety makes for a great game.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

PSA: Hitman 1 is free on EGS this week, and has a 3D fix.

Also, all Hitman 1 levels can be played inside Hitman 2 if you own that ever (with all of its improvements), and the same will apply to the upcoming Hitman 3.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Worth picking up: Watch Dogs 2 is free until 9/24.

Have not tried DarkStarSword's fix with the Epic version, but hopefully it works.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Usually its free games, but now they are giving free money :lol: You just have to claim Rocket League (free to play), you do not need to download/install. You get their $10 coupon, the coupon expires 11/1/20 and can't be used on preorders unfortunately.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/n ... pic-coupon

Download Rocket League on the Epic Games Store Now, Get $10
In case you missed it: anyone who downloads Rocket League on the Epic Games Store between September 23 through October 23, 2020 will receive a $10 Epic Coupon that can be used on qualifying games and add-ons priced $14.99 and up
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Nice tip, got my $10 coupon, I don't know if i'll end using it though, not a big friend of EGS.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

ABZU - a 3D showcase of a game is FREE starting later today. Highly recommend grabbing this one if you have never tried it, a great relaxing 3D experience.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Shift-E wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:32 am ABZU - a 3D showcase of a game is FREE starting later today. Highly recommend grabbing this one if you have never tried it, a great relaxing 3D experience.
Is it free only from the Epic game store or steam as well?
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

narhicfd wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:41 am
Shift-E wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:32 am ABZU - a 3D showcase of a game is FREE starting later today. Highly recommend grabbing this one if you have never tried it, a great relaxing 3D experience.
Is it free only from the Epic game store or steam as well?
Epic. Steam normally doesn't do free games
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Layers of Fear 2 is now FREE. Excellent game with fantastic visuals, with an equally fantastic DHR 3D fix. perfect for Halloween :twisted:
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Is anyone able to run the Epic-store Hitman game with the Helixmod fix? The game won't start at all with the fix in the folder, it starts properly without the fix and it even works in 3D - not even sure the fix is required (in the beginning stage, some specular light on the ground looks off).

3DFM does not recognize this game from the Epic store.

I tried adding hitman.exe to MAx Payne 3 profile, enabled the driver-hack in 3DFM and disabled fullscreen optimizations on the exe but the game still won't launch.

Appreciate any guidance.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Elite Dangerous is FREE this week.

I don't know if the 3D fix still works with this version, but I grabbed it for a rainy day.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

I tested Elite dangerous a little while ago and it seems the fix had been broken at some point. YMMV
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Elite dangerous is such an amazing game in VR, I think anyone with a minimum interest in VR should play it like that instead, it's incredible, probably still among the top 5 vr games out there.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Epic Games - 15 days of free PC games starting December 17

You can see the presumed list at
https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/epic- ... er-17.html
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Are you kidding me?!? :O

Those are mostly big AAA games! And I just bought RE7 and Witcher 3 around black friday lol But i guess these will be the base versions, without expansions. But still, nice list, if true.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

First free game isn't one of those, so looks highly unlikely.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”