Epic Games Store free games

Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Epic Games Store free games

Post by Lysander »

skyrimer wrote: ↑Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:26 pm First free game isn't one of those, so looks highly unlikely.
yeah. there might be a gem in there but not all of them.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

Lysander wrote: ↑Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:15 pm Are you kidding me?!? :O

Those are mostly big AAA games! And I just bought RE7 and Witcher 3 around black friday lol But i guess these will be the base versions, without expansions. But still, nice list, if true.
Agreed, that just looks like someone's wish list to me. Still, happy to be wrong, but I think no chance.
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH)/W11, 11700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, Samsung G9, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector, WMR Odyssey+
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Ooops, sorry. I hope some of those games show up.

Anyhow, I'm not sure if it is in the USA only, but for those residing here, you can get a $10 off $15 coupon by logging in and going here.
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/c ... -sale-2020
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

Yeah someone drank a little too much eggnog when making up that list.

Back to reality though, the long dark is free today.

Excellent game with a 3-D fix, I’ve been meaning to get back to it at some point.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

woah, Alien Isolation is today's FREE game.

one of the best games ever made, and one of the best in 3D. Pick this up today if you don't own it and thank me later..
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

lol, pretty much what I was gonna say - woah, Aloen Isolation

I'm probably the last person on earth, especially in this community that hasn't played this game yet, but this is definitely a treat 😁
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Lysander wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:32 pm lol, pretty much what I was gonna say - woah, Aloen Isolation

I'm probably the last person on earth, especially in this community that hasn't played this game yet, but this is definitely a treat 😁
I'm jealous, would love to play this for the first time again haha. There is one must have mod called Alias Isolation: an anti-aliasing mod, otherwise the game has bad jaggies even in 4k or 8k (game is very easy to run on max settings). It works well with the 3D fix, have fun!
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Oh, fantastic, thank you! funny - I was about to ask, any tips for the best experience? How are you in my mind?! 😁
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

PSA: Control is this week's FREE game on EGS. Highly recommend trying out Losti's great fix if you have never played this game in glorious 3D :woot
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

Shift-E wrote: ↑Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:10 am PSA: Control is this week's FREE game on EGS. Highly recommend trying out Losti's great fix if you have never played this game in glorious 3D :woot
There is a better fix Update from Masterotaku online at the Blog.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Can you please point me to the updated fix, Losti? I'd like to try it out but Helix blog only has your entry for Control and I cannot find it anywhere else. Thanks.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

What I did (which is incomplete) isn't uploaded to the blog. Mainly, I made a better fix for screen space reflections, improved the dynamic crosshair, and solved a problem in one or two shaders that were broken, but I got frustrated by other problems in the game that I couldn't solve yet (mainly screen space reflections leaving frozen trails on one eye), and I got distracted by other games.

I'll try to finish this at some point, but I don't know when.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Thank you for the reply, Masterotaku.
My main interest in this is as below:
During my playthrough with Losti's fix (which, to my eyes, was perfect and did not need any improvement apart from some shaders in certain levels, mostly "astral plane" tilesets etc but which were too rare to matter) I noticed a very annoying bug with the dynamic crosshair which was reset to screen depth every time I used any of the powers like dash, push etc. After like three or four seconds it went back to the proper depth.

It annoyed the hell out of me because I could not remember exactly when it started. It felt like I played half game with it working, and then the second half with it broken. I still don't know why it happens. The only things I could more or less confirm during subsequent tests are:
- It seems to only happen on my new PC with 2080ti + OLED TV but not on my older 1080ti + Asus screen
- I cannot confirm it comes from the display hardware (too lazy to move my Asus to my couch) so if it's not the EDID then it's the driver 452.06 vs 425.31 or the different Win 10 versions between the PCs.
- It only happens when the game window is fully stretched across the screen (even if it's a borderless setting). If I play in a window, any resolution, the bug does not happen, the dynamic crosshair is fully stable as designed.

I have finished the game a while ago, and I immensely enjoyed it. One the best games I've ever played and a great new IP with fantastic atmosphere and gameplay. I will definitely play it again, so that's was I was very interested to know about a new fix version, half hoping that someone else discovered these issues and maybe decided to solve them.
You mentioned something about changes to dynamic cursor, but I don't think you have a 3D TV with EDID so chances are you were addressing other issues.

Since I still cannot determine the exact cause of the bug, and since I haven't seen anyone else commenting about this issue, I don't feel comfortable making any requests. But if anyone else has noticed this, please let me know, maybe we can understand where it's coming, in which case maybe Masterotaku or Losti or someone else can come up with an idea or tweak to solve it. This game is awesome, and deserves to be played in perfect 3D conditions, over and over years into the future, hopefully.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Ahh ok i thourght you have Publisher it :-)

Please upload a savegame ref. The crosshair issue or Master if you have the fix present would it be ok to upload it as WIP?
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Losti,
I don't think a savegame will help much. The crosshair issue appears in any game area, as soon as you use one of the powers.
Unless someone else confirms the bug it will be difficult to understand which conditions trigger it. That's why I don't have much hope that Masterotaku addressed this particular bug, I doubt he can replicate it, much less find it on his own. I have seen no mention of this anywhere, and you can believe that if other users would encounter this bug they will hate it and comment about it.

Some things we could try:
1. If Masterotaku has a WIP he can send it to me on discord to test the crosshair (would be quite a coincidence if this fixes the issue)
2. If you can take some guesses regarding what might cause this issue, and tell me what to tweak or to try with your fix, maybe we can solve it.
3. Maybe Masterotaku can take a guess at what might cause this, since the fix is based on his Quantum Break fix. I read Losti's comments on the blog that there is some instability or issue with how certain textures "actualise", and I guess the crosshair depth depends on these textures. Maybe you guys know why full screen images, or certain resolutions, or EDID use, or some other factor, might modify these textures and make them ineligible for the depth formula. Maybe you've encountered this issue before (really hope it's not due to my TV, there are so few users with these TVs that whenever the EDID causes an issue I can pretty much consider myself screwed and let it go)

Thank you in advance, but as I've said, probably not worth spending time on it if you cannot replicate and if no other users confirm the bug. I had to get it off my chest, that's all. It's sad to think I might not be able to play it in 3D a second time in the future, but this happens sometimes anyway, fixes get broken occasionally, drivers change, Windows updates screw things up with some game engines, etc.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

This weeks FREE game is The Spectrum Retreat.

It has good reviews and is Unity 2017. I have been unable to get it working with the universal fix though, I have the "-window-mode exclusive" launch argument set up. 3D kicks in during gameplay but its all broken, it doesn't seem to be using the 3DM fix as I can't even get SBS/TaB output. Anyone get this game working in 3D?
Losti

Post by Losti »

Shift-E wrote: ↑Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:52 pm This weeks FREE game is The Spectrum Retreat.

It has good reviews and is Unity 2017. I have been unable to get it working with the universal fix though, I have the "-window-mode exclusive" launch argument set up. 3D kicks in during gameplay but its all broken, it doesn't seem to be using the 3DM fix as I can't even get SBS/TaB output. Anyone get this game working in 3D?
I can check this for you ^^

Il run the DSS script on thos and chack back toyou tomorrow:

Losti

Post by Losti »

Shift-E wrote: ↑Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:52 pm This weeks FREE game is The Spectrum Retreat.

Nope, also with the DSS script, the game is hardly broken, sorry.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Ahh you need the 32 Bit Version from migoto. Ill try to get 3D working today again, first quick try was success in loading migoto but hook failture.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Losti wrote: ↑Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:46 pm Ahh you need the 32 Bit Version from migoto. Ill try to get 3D working today again, first quick try was success in loading migoto but hook failture.
ah it has been so long since I needed the 32 bit version (Tocoma), I completely forgot to check. :oops:
Losti

Post by Losti »

Shift-E wrote: ↑Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:28 am
Losti wrote: ↑Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:46 pm Ahh you need the 32 Bit Version from migoto. Ill try to get 3D working today again, first quick try was success in loading migoto but hook failture.
ah it has been so long since I needed the 32 bit version (Tocoma), I completely forgot to check. :oops:
You need the 3D-Migoto Loader to not crash the game (in my case using 452.06, driver hack, RTX2008TI, Windows10 -20H2).

I have repacked the fix that is dooing this for you, just run the "TheSpectrumRetreat_3DVision.cmd" after extracting the fix to the game exe folder. I have used the WIP 2019 universal fix, seems to work gread but i have only checked 1 min of the game. I have disabled the MIGOTO logging options and hunting for you to ensure max performance, as well enabled the shader cache. nothing more.

May the game crashes 2 or 3 times with a red error message, just start the "TheSpectrumRetreat_3DVision.cmd" until game kicks in.

Archive is 7-ZIP (.7z), so please open it with 7ZIP, windows will fail here to open ^^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

thanks Losti for taking a look, just like you said - it crashed the first 2 times with "TheSpectrumRetreat_3DVision.cmd" and then third time worked like a charm. A few issues later on in game but not to worry, totally playable in 3D - but after completing a level of puzzles, I don't know if I will go back. looks nice in 3D, but the puzzles just aren't that fun. can't complain about a free game though :D
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

PSA: Plague: Tale of Innocence is FREE this week

Highly recommended, great 3D game.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Shift-E wrote: ↑Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:48 am thanks Losti for taking a look, just like you said - it crashed the first 2 times with "TheSpectrumRetreat_3DVision.cmd" and then third time worked like a charm. A few issues later on in game but not to worry, totally playable in 3D - but after completing a level of puzzles, I don't know if I will go back. looks nice in 3D, but the puzzles just aren't that fun. can't complain about a free game though :D
This crashes i have often since some months with unity. 2-3 tuns and its ok. Seems a unity Version issue and may related to some eh der caching or some what :-)
Losti

Post by Losti »

Shift-E wrote: ↑Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:40 am PSA: Plague: Tale of Innocence is FREE this week

Highly recommended, great 3D game.
You can use the updated fix at my channel that fixes most of the clipping for this game.
andrewb
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by andrewb »

If you haven't got it yet, there are the three Tombraider Games (incl. DLC`s) for free until 06.01.22!
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vision4life
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vision4life »

andrewb wrote: ↑Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:20 pm If you haven't got it yet, there are the three Tombraider Games (incl. DLC`s) for free until 06.01.22!
:shock: ;)
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Just noticed this pop today- Borderlands 3 free on EpicGameStore. You know you need it for free.

DJ-RK's excellent fix: https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/10/b ... nds-3.html
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

3DNovice wrote: ↑Thu May 18, 2023 7:12 am The first game from the reformed Telltale https://www.telltale.com/about-us/ will be coming to Epic's Game store.
This is really refreshing to hear! I sincerely hope their new team is truly reformed and less evil than the previous one. Maybe they will pick up Game of Thrones again. Cant hurt to have some wishful thinking.
Share our love for stereoscopic gaming in VR
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... /playlists :anaglyph
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... 5lw/videos :anaglyph
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

3DNovice wrote: ↑Thu May 25, 2023 9:56 am That game was brutally awesome, I'd love to see more GoT spinoffs by TT, as well as The Walking Dead. Definitely looking forward to The Wolf Among Us 2.
GOT was a half baked potato but glad they at least finished the Season. It only had me hyped. It sounds like they are moving away from the TT tool then. Wonder how well they will keep the Telltale sentiment intact with the Unreal engine.

Vitaly recently released a new add-on for the UE. The same as he did with the Unity one. It might benefit the Stereoscopic cause if they were informed about it before they released their end products.
Share our love for stereoscopic gaming in VR
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... /playlists :anaglyph
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... 5lw/videos :anaglyph
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍

Return to β€œNVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”