[Guide] Win 10 v1903+, gfx driver v430.39+ 3DV Fix

kakashisensei
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: [Guide] Win 10 1903+ 430.39+ 3DV Fix - Beta Version

Post by kakashisensei »

Chtiblue wrote:
kakashisensei wrote:
Does your steamVR work with 3dv enabled? Its still not working for me with any of the 3dv fixes. I just tried 442.50 with lostis v1.2 fix. I can get WMR portal + 3dv to work, but steamVR does not. Using samsung odyssey+.
Finally figured it out. Had to use nvidia profile manager and add vrmonitor.exe and vrdashboard.exe profiles to have the 0x709D3AD2 value to 0x00000004. Existing profiles for vrcompositor and vrserver are there under DisplayLink. These are all used by steamVR. Now I can get 3dv to work on win10 1909 and on 442.50, with steamVR working. Thanks again to everyone that made 3dvision possible on newer drivers!

Hi kakashisensei,
Great to see you've found a workaround!

but how can I do that with nvidia profile inspector? I didn't see any 0x709D3AD2 value in displaylink profile and to which profile do I add the vrmonitor.exe and vrdashboard.exe?
Thanks
There should be an option at the top to show unknown values in nvidia profile inspector. Since existing steamVR executables were already under displaylink, I added vrmonitor and vrdashboard to displaylink as well.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

kakashisensei wrote:
Chtiblue wrote:
kakashisensei wrote:
Does your steamVR work with 3dv enabled? Its still not working for me with any of the 3dv fixes. I just tried 442.50 with lostis v1.2 fix. I can get WMR portal + 3dv to work, but steamVR does not. Using samsung odyssey+.
Finally figured it out. Had to use nvidia profile manager and add vrmonitor.exe and vrdashboard.exe profiles to have the 0x709D3AD2 value to 0x00000004. Existing profiles for vrcompositor and vrserver are there under DisplayLink. These are all used by steamVR. Now I can get 3dv to work on win10 1909 and on 442.50, with steamVR working. Thanks again to everyone that made 3dvision possible on newer drivers!

Hi kakashisensei,

but how can I do that with nvidia profile inspector? I didn't see any 0x709D3AD2 value in displaylink profile and to which profile do I add the vrmonitor.exe and vrdashboard.exe?
Thanks
There should be an option at the top to show unknown values in nvidia profile inspector. Since existing steamVR executables were already under displaylink, I added vrmonitor and vrdashboard to displaylink as well.
Sadly, WMR still doesn't launch... I tried to add WMR.exe to displaylink profile without success.
Another step to have WMR working?
necrovamp
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by necrovamp »

Hey there Robert, I just wanted to say fist thanks again for the 442.50 driver was the most painless perfect install.

I've been playing most of my games in 3d since this, much appreciated.
I was about to ask about a 442.74 version, but then I saw your new universal installer.

Another painless perfect install.
I followed every direction, and went from 442.50 (3dv enabled) to 442.74 with 3dvision no problem! Didn't even have to restart.

The only 2 things I did/noticed. I did not run DDU, no problem. And After the nvidia driver closed, it took me a sec to realize i had to go back to command prompt window and hit another key :P

Once again thanks so much. 3d!! :D

Robert256 wrote:Hi guys,

I just updated the installation files for the 442.50 driver. It works fine on Win10 1909.

You can download it here:
https://imaging3d.com/3DVision_442.50_Win10_64bit.zip

See the instructions in the readme.txt file.

Best regards, Robert
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

Isaacvigo wrote:Robert256, you are a genious!.
The next step would be to get the drivers to remain signed in some way, so that we can skip the easy anti cheats of many new games.
Sorry, did not follow your there. So you are saying Robert256's tool will install the drivers in a way, that they will get tagged by anti-cheat software? Is this correct?

What about your post https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic. ... 20#p168061 a few pages back, you mentioned a way to install the patched dlls without triggering any anti-cheat detection. Can this not be integrated somehow into Robert256's tool?

Anyway, many thanks to all the contributors here, amazing work to keep 3DV alive!
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

WickedScav wrote:
Isaacvigo wrote:Robert256, you are a genious!.
The next step would be to get the drivers to remain signed in some way, so that we can skip the easy anti cheats of many new games.
Sorry, did not follow your there. So you are saying Robert256's tool will install the drivers in a way, that they will get tagged by anti-cheat software? Is this correct?

What about your post https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic. ... 20#p168061 a few pages back, you mentioned a way to install the patched dlls without triggering any anti-cheat detection. Can this not be integrated somehow into Robert256's tool?

Anyway, many thanks to all the contributors here, amazing work to keep 3DV alive!

The tool that Robert made uses the same system that I described a few weeks ago, but it is super automated and comfortable for everyone.
But from 442 ... the anticheats software is never bypassed again, Sorry about that...
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

Isaacvigo wrote:The tool that Robert made uses the same system that I described a few weeks ago, but it is super automated and comfortable for everyone.
But from 442 ... the anticheats software is never bypassed again, Sorry about that...
ok, thanks for the clarification!
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

Installed 441.87 on my Win10 1909 using Robert's tool but now I get the red warning "attempt to run Stereoscopic in non-stereo display mode..." overlay message when starting Hellblade which before did not show that warning... Game works fine (UE4) but I cannot get rid of that message. In-game as also windows resolution are the same, this is not the issue.

UPDATE: 3D is actually also reversed, not sure what went wrong.

UPDATE2: Ok, I reinstalled the latest drivers but first I cleaned my system with DDU. Now everything is working perfectly. So I guess, the problem were just some un-removed files from my system.
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

Thanks for the feedback on the red text issue. I've updated the second post so people who have this problem can try DDU.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
edwardsean
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: [Guide] Win 10 v1903+, gfx driver v430.39+ 3DV Fix

Post by edwardsean »

I've been trying to get 3DVision to work on 445.75 +1909 for a few hours now. I've run Losti's tool and also tried Roberts method and used Schwing's hex edit instructions. I've also run DDU a few times.

3D Vision installs and the test in the setup product a 3D image. However, when I try to launch a game I keep running into some version of the following errors.

Has there been some change with 445.75, or am I doing something wrong?

I posted this on Losti's thread as well.

Thanks!
RE3 error.jpg
RE3 error 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

I got that from using a debug build of 3DMigoto.The 1.3.16 3DMigoto release is the latest one. You can copy-paste that in the game folder and overwrite most of the fix files to confirm that the fix isn't the issue. Just don't copy d3dx.ini nor the ShaderFixes folder.
edwardsean
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by edwardsean »

Thanks Schwing, I replaced the files in the RE3 directory with the ones from X64 folder of 1.3.16 3DMigoto, except for the Shaderfixes folder and d3dx.ini.

I'm still getting the same error that the d3d11 device created failed.

It's not just the RE3 demo. I can't seem to launch any game in 3D.

It's strange though. After using Losti's tool, 3DVision installed properly and the test application launches and displays an image in 3D.

Does 3DVision work in 445.75 +1909 for you without any problems?
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

I ran into the same problem when using robert's files from this post. It's the hex edited files being for a different graphics driver version than the graphics driver I installed. So I restored the newest graphics driver and hex edited the files manually. 3D works again.
edwardsean
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by edwardsean »

That’s interesting. I used Robert’s files at first, but when that didn’t work I manually edited the hex files a few times. I still got the same error.

I also verified that the .dll files had the corrected edits.

I wonder where I’m going wrong.

Just to verify, you have everything working on 445.75 + 1909?
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

3D works on that combination and it's what I'm sticking with now. I used DDU in safe mode, installed 445.75 after the restart, then I did the hex edit. I noticed that 3D Fix Manager no longer installs 3D vision properly due to a "driver mismatch" error afterward. So I just ran the setup.exe in the 3D Vision folder of robert's files from the same post to get 3D installed. Then used 3D FIx Manager to just enable 3D vision.
edwardsean
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by edwardsean »

I tried a few more times using the exact steps you listed, and again, using Robert's full method. I'm making sure to manually do the hex edit and using the 3DVision setup from Robert's files.

Each time 3DVision install fails and I get the 3DVision and graphic driver mismatch error.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks!
vidalsh68
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vidalsh68 »

edwardsean wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:33 am I tried a few more times using the exact steps you listed, and again, using Robert's full method. I'm making sure to manually do the hex edit and using the 3DVision setup from Robert's files.

Each time 3DVision install fails and I get the 3DVision and graphic driver mismatch error.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks!
download this ones and follow readme.txt instructions https://www.imaging3d.com/BringBack3DV.zip

NO AFTERBURNER runing.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Hi,

I'm currently working on automating driver installation steps required for Windows 10 v.1903 / 1909 (described here in this thread).
So far I've implemented automatic Hex editing for the Geforce driver DLL (nvwgf2um(x).dll or what its name was) + automatic integration of the modified DLLs directly into the Geforce driver setup + fixed 3D Vision setup missmatch error for drivers > 442.19 (Thanks to Losti for letting me know how to fix missmatch error). Also DCH drivers are supported now (Resource.dat is copied automatically before running 3D Vision Driver setup which fixes driver missmatch warning as well).

So here are my results so far for Standard and DCH drivers after applying automated driver installation with current 3DFM (WIP version):

Geforce Standard driver (non-DCH):

- Latest driver (445.75) work with Win 10 v.1903/1909
- Fully compatible to all games I've tested. DirectX 9 games require fullscreen mode for 3D kicking in
- 3D movies work (tested with Power DVD, fullscreen required)
- 3D Vision Photo Viewer work (requires fullscreen mode for 3D kicking in)
- 3D Vision Setup Wizard is working (which we are used to love so much ;))

Issues with Standard driver:

- Geforce Driver isn't digitally signed any more after hex editing dll files. Maybe anti cheat software can detect this. (I did not run into trouble with this in BF 4)

Geforce DCH Driver:

Issues with DCH driver:

- 3D Vision Setup Wizard is broken and must be skipped via 3DFM (I've added an auto skip for this case in 3DFM)
- As soon as 3D is enabled in driver I got increased loading times for games and applications like Google Chrome
- 3D does not kick in for Unreal Engine 3 DirectX 9 32 Bit games
- All other games I've tested worked beautiful
- 3D movies are not working (Power DVD just hangs)
- 3D Photo Viewer does not work (shows red error message overlay)
- Geforce Driver isn't digitally signed any more after hex editing dll files. Maybe anti cheat software can detect this. (I did not run into trouble with this in BF 4)

I hope Bo3b, Schwing, Robert, Losti, Helifax... or some other brilliant guys here do find a solution for the DCH issues. Standard drivers however already work perfect!

Currently I wonder how to automate fixing already installed Geforce drivers without reinstalling them. So far like described in this thread here we have to boot into safe mode and replace DLLs. Is there any other possibility to do the replacement without booting into safe mode? Users might get shocked if 3D Fix Manager would start Windows 10 in safe mode in order to apply the hack ;).

Cheers,
Pauldusler
Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Robert256 »

Hi guys, I just updated the fully automatic 3D Vision installer (v0.2), it is 10 times faster now, so even easier! It does all hex patching and fixes the dll versions automatically.

You can download it here: https://imaging3d.com/BringBack3DV.zip

Just follow the instructions in the readme.txt file.
edwardsean
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by edwardsean »

Awesome! Robert, this will work for 445.75 + 1909?
Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Robert256 »

Definitely works for 1909. Haven't tried 445.75 yet, but works for everything below, so I don't expect a problem. It's a universal patcher, and should work for future versions too. It combines all tricks from Losti and Schwing in one executable. It checks if it encounters any problems, so you can just try it. Please let us know the results!
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

Great work Robert256 and Paulduster!! Someday I just might update my Windows. :)
Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Robert256 »

Pauldusler wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:57 am Hi,

I'm currently working on automating driver installation steps required for Windows 10 v.1903 / 1909 (described here in this thread).
So far I've implemented automatic Hex editing for the Geforce driver DLL (nvwgf2um(x).dll or what its name was) + automatic integration of the modified DLLs directly into the Geforce driver setup + fixed 3D Vision setup missmatch error for drivers > 442.19 (Thanks to Losti for letting me know how to fix missmatch error). Also DCH drivers are supported now (Resource.dat is copied automatically before running 3D Vision Driver setup which fixes driver missmatch warning as well).

So here are my results so far for Standard and DCH drivers after applying automated driver installation with current 3DFM (WIP version):

- Fully compatible to all games I've tested. DirectX 9 games require fullscreen mode for 3D kicking in

Geforce DCH Driver:

Issues with DCH driver:

- 3D Vision Setup Wizard is broken and must be skipped via 3DFM (I've added an auto skip for this case in 3DFM)
- As soon as 3D is enabled in driver I got increased loading times for games and applications like Google Chrome

I hope Bo3b, Schwing, Robert, Losti, Helifax... or some other brilliant guys here do find a solution for the DCH issues. Standard drivers however already work perfect!

Currently I wonder how to automate fixing already installed Geforce drivers without reinstalling them. So far like described in this thread here we have to boot into safe mode and replace DLLs. Is there any other possibility to do the replacement without booting into safe mode? Users might get shocked if 3D Fix Manager would start Windows 10 in safe mode in order to apply the hack ;).

Cheers,
Pauldusler
Hi Paul, I already did all that for the Standard drivers, see BringBack3DV.zip above.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Robert256 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:17 am
Pauldusler wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:57 am Hi,

Geforce DCH Driver:

Issues with DCH driver:

Cheers,
Pauldusler
Hi Paul, I already did all that for the Standard drivers, see BringBack3DV.zip above.
Hi Robert,

will definitely try out your tool tonight. Seems like you did a very well done standalone tool which is a great alternative to the driver installer of 3DFM. Your driver installation procedure is a bit more flexible than mine as the user can freely decide which driver to use / download.
3DFM just downloads the latest driver automatically - this is simple but not necessarily the best option for everyone (newer drivers do not necessarily have to be better than older ones). For the advanced user your tool seems to be definitely better.

The reason why I currently implement the same hacks as you already did for your tool is that I get a lot of service requests for 3D Fix Manager saying that the current driver installation routine does not work for Windows 10 1903/1909 and 3D Vision is broken on this OS version.
As 3DFM still has 2000 users it's definitely time to fix this.

The approach of your tool is to modify Geforce driver setup with hex edited DLLs. Do you have an idea how to fix already installed drivers (without reinstalling?). Is there a way to replace the DLLs in driver store without booting in Windows 10 safe mode? I'm currently searching for a way to do this without safe mode.

Cheers and many thanks for having done that tool!
Last edited by Pauldusler on Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Robert256 »

Hi Paul, I didn’t know you are working on 3dfm! It looks extremely professional, good job!

The only way I know is by using NTFSAccess:
http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/ntfsaccess
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

You can't modify the files if a program is using them. Windows 10's own SkypeApp.exe and Calculator.exe run on startup and use nvwgf2umx unless they're closed with Task Manager. They don't run in Safe Mode. A way to fix the file lock conflict is to do what LockHunter does and show what apps have a lock on each dll (e.g. "these programs need to be closed"). After that, I use Take Ownership to fix file access errors or use the batch file in my guide (when doing a manual hex edit).
edwardsean wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:33 amEach time 3DVision install fails and I get the 3DVision and graphic driver mismatch error.
    Assuming you're still on 445.75, try this archive containing a batch file and rcedit.exe. Extract that to C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision and run test.bat. It will set the "file version" and "product version", for the only two files that need this change, to the same version as your graphics driver. That should fix the mismatch error. The other files in that 3D Vision folder should still have their 425.31 version.
edwardsean
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by edwardsean »

Thank you so much Schwing and Robert!

I finally got 445.75 working. I used Robert's tool and everything just worked without a hitch. Amazing. I didn't even have to use DDU, which I feel like I've run a million times.

I still don't know what was causing the hang up, but I'm so glad to have it resolved now.

I am truly grateful for all the passion, work, and talent that has collected here!
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

UP please

kakashisensei wrote:
Chtiblue wrote:
kakashisensei wrote:

Hi kakashisensei,

Thanks
Sadly, WMR still doesn't launch... I tried to add WMR.exe to displaylink profile without success.
kakashisensei
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kakashisensei »

Chtiblue wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:11 am
kakashisensei wrote:
Chtiblue wrote:

Hi kakashisensei,

Thanks
Just to make sure, these are my steps whenever I install a driver:

- Use Bringback3DV with the standard nvidia driver installer in the same folder. Follow all the steps in BringBack3DV.
- After restart, use CRU to spoof monitor edid so that its the passive acer 3d monitor, enabling passive 3d vision
- Use 3dfix manager to enable 3D vision for first time, using quick setup method, and load my 3d vision settings xml
- Use nvidia profile inspector to change 0x709D3AD2 to 0x00000004 oculus client for the following profiles (desktop windows manager DWM.exe, mixed reality portal, Displaylink vrcompositer.exe, vivevrcompositer.exe, adding vrmonitor / vrserver / vrdashboard to this profile). If it doesnt exist, add a new profile for this exe. Make sure to click Apply
- Restart and steamVR applications work now. Windows mixed reality will launch when steamVR launches.

Edit- Just tried the latest driver 445.75 and there is an issue with steamVR / WMR. Seems to be related to the driver and not 3dv. When I run steamVR for the first time after boot, it will work but it does display an error missing render device. Trying to run it again after the first time, steamVR will report an issue and fail to work properly. Went back to the previous drivers and they work fine.
Last edited by kakashisensei on Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kakashisensei
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kakashisensei »

Since the editted dlls aren't signed they do not pass EAC (easy anti cheat) checking. Games like vermintide 2 for me. I've tried to look into signing the dlls myself and added to the certs to cert store, but I have been unsuccessful to get it to pass EAC. I think its related to the WHQL cert is not valid on these editted dlls no matter what.

The work around is that I used ntfs access to gain ownership of the nvidia driver store folder. I have the original dlls also stored in the same folder. So whenever I play an EAC game, I have to replace the editted dlls with the originals, and vice versa when I'm done. Kind of annoying. Have to kill some processes to do that outside of safe mode (steam, nv geforce experience, nv overlay).

Anyone know of a way to sign these so that the dlls pass EAC?
tehax
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tehax »

Hello Robert256,
thanks you for your great work to bring back 3D on my 1050TI. I am on 445.75 with win 1909. I use 3D only for playing movies, together with Powerdvd 17 no problem. But usually i use MPC-BE with madvr. With this player i only get side by side 3D view, no MVC, while my beamer get 3D signal and switch to 3D mode. Any idea?
sIrKicK
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sIrKicK »

Working 445.75 in Windows 10 1909 18363.720 WITH DHC EASY INSTALL WITH 3DVision:

1.- LIMPIAR SISTEMA - DDU en modo seguro:
Iniciar Windows en Modo seguro, tecla Windows y escribimos msconfig
Aceptamos y reinciamos.
Una vez arrancado en modo seguro ejecutamos DDU en modo administrador y le damos a opciones, marcar no actualizar y seguidamente escogemos GPU y NVIDIA y hacemos click en desinstalar y reiniciar.
Una vez reiniciado volvemos a ejecutar el msconfig e iniciamos en modo normal

2.- INSTALAR Chocolatey: Pagina web del chocolatey https://chocolatey.org/install
Abrir consola de powershell en modo administrador y ejecutar: (tecla Windows, escribimos powershell y le damos a Ctrl + Shift y enter).
Escribimos : Set-ExecutionPolicy AllSigned y Comprobar con Get-ExecutionPolicy tiene que devolver AllSigned.
Instalamos el chocolatey con este comando en el PowerShell
Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force; [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol -bor 3072; iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))
Cerramos el Powershell.

3.- INSTALAR EL DRIVER NVIDIA:
Abrimos powershell nuevamente en modo administrador e instalamos el driver poniendo esto en el PowerShell: choco install nvidia-display-driver --params "'/DCH /HDAudio /NV3DVision'" --force
Es importante que cuando ejecutemos el instalador, vayamos a la carpeta C:\Users\”TU USUARIO”\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey y peguemos los directorios NV3DVision y NV3DVisionUSB.Driver durante la instalación (Los extraemos del driver 425.31-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql-Last-3dVision Support.exe descomprimiendolo con Winrar).
Esperar a que termine de instalar.
Tenemos ya los drivers instalados, ahora a instalar el panel de control de 3DVision.

4.-Instalar el panel de control de 3DVision:
Vamos a C:\Users\"TU USUARIO"\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\NV3DVision y descomprimimos 3DVision con el winrar
Abrimos el FVIE.exe como administrador y busamos el fichero:
C:\Users\"TU USUARIO"\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\NV3DVision\3DVision\NvSCPAPI.dll y le damos a update para que nos muestre la información:
En File Version y Product versión ponemos: 7.17.14.4575 y le damos a OK, Change versión resource.
Hacemos lo mismo para:
C:\Users\Usuario\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\NV3DVision\3DVision\NvSCPAPI64.dll
Ahora desde esta misma carpeta ejecutamos el Setup.exe como administrador y al finalizar nos saldrá el asistente de configuración. Con esto tendremos todo listo! :D

LINKS de Referencia:

https://chocolatey.org/install
https://chocolatey.org/packages/nvidia- ... er#install
https://www.carifred.com/fvie/
https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverR ... 5872/es-es
SirBarnaby
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SirBarnaby »

Got interested in this 3d business aswell, so made an account here, tried the BringBack3DV zip file myself. I'm on 1903 win10 and 445.75 nvidia drivers.
Anyways i got stuck at step 3: Check all options (including 3D Vision Controller Driver).
I got the installer in front of me but after selecting custom installation, there was no 3D checkbox anywhere. Does it not yet support the latest drivers, or did i do something wrong?
Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Robert256 »

SirBarnaby wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:55 pm Got interested in this 3d business aswell, so made an account here, tried the BringBack3DV zip file myself. I'm on 1903 win10 and 445.75 nvidia drivers.
Anyways i got stuck at step 3: Check all options (including 3D Vision Controller Driver).
I got the installer in front of me but after selecting custom installation, there was no 3D checkbox anywhere. Does it not yet support the latest drivers, or did i do something wrong?
The newest driver is supported. What installer did you download? And what output did you see in the BringBack3DV window? Could you copy that text and paste it here like this? :

BringBack3DV v0.2 - Utility to install 3D Vision for NVIDIA drivers above version 426.00

More than one installer found, newest is version 445.75
Extracting display driver 445.75-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe
Windows 10 1909 64 bit and display driver 445.75 detected, patching of the display driver is needed.
Starting patches, this may take a few moments...
Replacing byte sequence in nvwgf2um.dll
Successfully patched nvwgf2um.dll
Replacing byte sequence in nvwgf2umx.dll
Successfully patched nvwgf2umx.dll

Updating 3D Vision driver version

All preparations done! Now disconnect internet and press any key to install the display driver.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

kakashisensei wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:27 pm

Just to make sure, these are my steps whenever I install a driver:

- Use Bringback3DV with the standard nvidia driver installer in the same folder. Follow all the steps in BringBack3DV.
- After restart, use CRU to spoof monitor edid so that its the passive acer 3d monitor, enabling passive 3d vision
- Use 3dfix manager to enable 3D vision for first time, using quick setup method, and load my 3d vision settings xml
- Use nvidia profile inspector to change 0x709D3AD2 to 0x00000004 oculus client for the following profiles (desktop windows manager DWM.exe, mixed reality portal, Displaylink vrcompositer.exe, vivevrcompositer.exe, adding vrmonitor / vrserver / vrdashboard to this profile). If it doesnt exist, add a new profile for this exe. Make sure to click Apply
- Restart and steamVR applications work now. Windows mixed reality will launch when steamVR launches.

Edit- Just tried the latest driver 445.75 and there is an issue with steamVR / WMR. Seems to be related to the driver and not 3dv. When I run steamVR for the first time after boot, it will work but it does display an error missing render device. Trying to run it again after the first time, steamVR will report an issue and fail to work properly. Went back to the previous drivers and they work fine.
Thx Kakashisensei!
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

I probably won't be online this week so I've gone ahead and made robert's app the first method in the OP. This will get more people to test it and we'll see what more feedback comes of it (aside from what's been mentioned already and the AV false positive I get randomly).
SirBarnaby
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SirBarnaby »

Robert256 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:01 pm The newest driver is supported. What installer did you download? And what output did you see in the BringBack3DV window? Could you copy that text and paste it here like this? :

BringBack3DV v0.2 - Utility to install 3D Vision for NVIDIA drivers above version 426.00

More than one installer found, newest is version 445.75
Windows 10 1909 64 bit and display driver 445.75 detected, patching of the display driver is needed.

All preparations done! Now disconnect internet and press any key to install the display driver.
The text is almost identical.

Windows 10 1903 64 bit and display driver 445.75 detected, patching of the display driver is needed.

I did the step "Change Device Installation Settings" in the control panel, i downloaded standard drivers, and i disconnected from the internet, so it seems like i followed the steps.

The problem is this, however: LINK.

Could this be because i had messed with the Helixmod 3D Fix Manager beforehand? After this im going to try again but uninstall the 3D stereoscopic drivers that i seemed to have beforehand. Don't know if it will fix anything though, the issue is in my installer, not the old drivers seemingly. Or were there some instructions that i could have missed? I only went through the BringBack3DV readme, seemed very concise.

I'm a bit hesitant on using DDU, because i dont have integrated graphics, and if i offload the 1060 drivers from my pc, will i be "rendering" a permanent black screen?
Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Robert256 »

Very strange. Could you try to create a new folder, c://test and put the installer and BringBack3DV in it and try again?
On my system it just shows in the list. Could it be that you currently have a DCH driver installed?
Don’t know if that could be a cause.
agathocles
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by agathocles »

Just tested BringBack3DV with latest driver 445.75 in Windows 10 1909. Installation easy and flawless. 3D Activation no problem. Testimage shows correctly in Nvidia Driver Setup.
Tested 3D Movies with MediaPlayerClassic HC latest LAV MVC Filters not working
Tested 3D Movies with PowerDVD Ultra 19.02403.62 starting Movie in 3D but distorted image, 3D displays incorrectly, jumps etc.
Unfortunately useless for me.
Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Robert256 »

That could be a timer problem with the usb driver. You could try another USB port for the pyramid.
SirBarnaby
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SirBarnaby »

Robert256 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:10 pm Very strange. Could you try to create a new folder, c://test and put the installer and BringBack3DV in it and try again?
On my system it just shows in the list. Could it be that you currently have a DCH driver installed?
Don’t know if that could be a cause.
I'll try to put it in c:test or something and make a video about my precise issue. I too thought that the issue would be a DCH driver, but i made sure to download a standard version. It's odd.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”