Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Gatorkea
One Eyed Hopeful

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Post by Gatorkea »

Anyone 3d Fixers interested in picking this up? Looks like it would be amazing in 3d. Unfortunately Microsoft says they have no plans to implement VR

Edit: Microsoft apparently is now going to attempt vr implementation , hooray
Last edited by Gatorkea on Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Post by whyme466 »

Suggest adding this to Wishlist...
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

I didnt think I had any interest in this title...until I watched those videos :o

That is one good looking game, very interesting tech involved. I wonder if it will be fixable, microsoft love their DX12 and many times don't include a DX11 option. I agree, would be a lot of fun in 3D...
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

I will eventually pick this one up, but provided they implement VR then that'll be how I'll be playing it. My time is (normally) quite limited, so I only work on fixes that are necessary for my enjoyment, and if VR is a possibility then making a fix won't be necessary for my personal enjoyment. That's essentially why I abandoned my Elite Dangerous fix, because once I was able to play in VR to a much greater satisfaction my 3D fix became unnecessary (to me).

With that said, knowing that flight sims are a niche, and also so is shaderhacking (so being a niche within a niche) I could see that may put people out of luck. If no one else is willing to look at this, and given that I am an intermediate flight sim enthusiast, then this would be one of the rare occasions that I might commission a fix, kinda along the lines of DHR's old monetary model. I'd first check for the feasibility of a fix, and if it seems possible I'd set a figure and if the community reached that goal I'd complete/release a fix.

Has there been any announcement on the release date as of yet?
Gatorkea
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Gatorkea »

"Sometime in 2020"
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

DJ-RK wrote:That's essentially why I abandoned my Elite Dangerous fix, because once I was able to play in VR to a much greater satisfaction my 3D fix became unnecessary

Thanks for the WIP for ED! The parts I saw were almost flawless. The Nephilin was the guy who kept it alive since you left?

I borrowed my buddy's T16000 Hotas to try this out and after about 12 hours stuck in the first portion of training, trying to beat the AI, I gave up. What chance do you have against experienced guys out there if you cant beat the bots? But with my second attempt in VR I beat it. Was super satisfying!. My conclusion was that flight simulators really needs to be done the right way. Head tracking is superior in this environment. Being able to hear them in "3d space" also gives you a bit more leverage. I invited that same buddy over to experience ED in VR on Saturday and from his 2D experience he took down 4 ships in the arena. My bud's girl friend "healed" him from gaming. But from his response I can sense she is starting to hate me. hehe Even though she herself got hooked on google VR.

Not that I want to discourage shader hackers to get this working with 3D vision. Rather to encourage those interested to get into VR. The experience is worlds apart and reaching a more polished state.
Share our love for stereoscopic gaming in VR
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... /playlists :anaglyph
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... 5lw/videos :anaglyph
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍
Gatorkea
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Gatorkea »

Anyone try Aerofly FS2? I think it is UE4, not sure it works in 3d

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”