Ghost Recon Breakpoint open beta

Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Ghost Recon Breakpoint open beta

Post by Shift-E »

Breakpoint looks surprisingly good in CM mode with Syndicate profile. I noticed Battleye blocks it though with more recent drivers. I had it working in the Closed beta, but after finally updating Nvidia driver to the most recent version (thanks to Losti & 3DFM!) CM mode was blocked when launching game by Battleye. I just verified reverting back to 425.31 allows CM to work clean again. The Nvidia 3D file Battleye finds and blocks is probably not expected on anything after 425.31, since it is not included by Nvidia anymore, so it is blocked.

Now there is a launch parameter you can use in Uplay that disables Battleye, it worked for me on the newest driver...but not sure if that will work in the retail version. I would really like to try CM unleashed using this method, but don't want to get banned by Battleye for just trying to play co-op campaign in 3D - I don't really have any experience with Battleye personally. If anyone gets CM Unleashed working, please post..
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint open beta

Post by Shift-E »

Just wanted to confirm that CM works on the retail version. Disabling Battleye still works, but I am not using it for Unleashed as I think you also have to disable the Battleye service from restarting after you launch. Regular CM has pretty good depth, game looks amazing in 4K with HDR.

If only I could disable the drones from flying overhead every 5 minutes in this game... :shock:
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Your post got me intrigued, so I am downloading the trial to see if it still works with CM.
Anyone knows if the only thing needed is to set a launch command to disable BattleEye? And what if I want to try CMU, any additional steps?

Also, I've just noticed that the install created two icons on my desktop, Ghost Recon® Breakpoint and Ghost Recon® Breakpoint (Vulkan).
Does this mean that this game could in theory be fixed via Helifax's driver? Or is that versio just some sort of interop layer or whatever it's called, not fully Vulkan renderer?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

I've tried the Trial, then bought the full game. You can disable BattleEye but it's no longer straightforward by just adding a launch option. You need to take some extra steps, see link below:
https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.p ... f-customer

However, CM does not trigger without a profile change. I changed the profile to AC Syndicate as Shift-E suggests, but that introduces some savage flickering and texture corruption. Is there a way to just make CM usable without having to do a full profile change?
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Zappologist wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:12 pm I've tried the Trial, then bought the full game. You can disable BattleEye but it's no longer straightforward by just adding a launch option. You need to take some extra steps, see link below:

However, CM does not trigger without a profile change. I changed the profile to AC Syndicate as Shift-E suggests, but that introduces some savage flickering and texture corruption. Is there a way to just make CM usable without having to do a full profile change?
Here is a good guide by Amorphis for SuperDepth3D:

viewtopic.php?p=166122#p166122
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Thanks Chtiblue, I'll have to see which DX12 game is the best candidate for this experiment and I hope I can get it to work.

For now, I'm totally enjoying Ghost Recon Breakpoint. The artifacts were due to SLI and are no longer a problem after I switched to single card (SLI might still work if I modify some profile options, but no idea what settings to use). And the 3D is very good, especially if the FOV is increased in the settings. CMU would be better due to the added depth, but I did not try it yet. It might be an issue with these online games, even without BattleEye, but the main hurdle is my own laziness. 3DFM did not detect it so I have to either add it manually then see if the CMU setting appears, or try CMU manually. If I find time, I'll report my findings.
Boblenon
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Boblenon »

Zappologist wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:52 pm Thanks Chtiblue, I'll have to see which DX12 game is the best candidate for this experiment and I hope I can get it to work.

For now, I'm totally enjoying Ghost Recon Breakpoint. The artifacts were due to SLI and are no longer a problem after I switched to single card (SLI might still work if I modify some profile options, but no idea what settings to use). And the 3D is very good, especially if the FOV is increased in the settings. CMU would be better due to the added depth, but I did not try it yet. It might be an issue with these online games, even without BattleEye, but the main hurdle is my own laziness. 3DFM did not detect it so I have to either add it manually then see if the CMU setting appears, or try CMU manually. If I find time, I'll report my findings.
Hello, how did you do for the CMu please ? with what profile does it work? I tried but without success
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

I've had some time to try CMU today, and it works very well. It brings the game to a perfect level of enjoyment. THANK YOU HELIFAX !!!
The game is very fully developed "Skyrim with guns", with next gen graphics and physics, with great RPG-style gear/itemisation, and none of the The Division / gaas silliness like bullet sponges, dragged out and repetitive missions, retarded enemy scaling, etc.

It has also benefitted from years of patches so it has many great features, most of which I will not discover for months. Events, world parameters, immersive/realistic game modes, new stories, new ways to continue after the campaign like customised Game+ etc, it's just too much to take in for now. It has the most in-depth keymapping system I've ever seen in my life.

Not that playing in CM taxes it too much but for 4K TV owners there is resolution scaling. You also can switch to borderless, in which case you can use even use non-native resolutions to gain performance.

To play in 3D you need to add the GRB.exe to the AC Syndicate profile.

You also have to disable BattleEye by following the steps here:
1. have /belaunch -be in the uplay launch params for the game
2. nav to X:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Ghost Recon Breakpoint\BattlEye
3. execute Uninstall_BattlEye.bat
4. open the ini and set SilentInstall=0
5. launch game, it'll ask you to install battleye, just click cancel and the game will carry on loading.

For CMU, you just download Helifax's great program from his site: https://3dsurroundgaming.com/CMUnleashed.html
I used 1.0.19. Note that Win10 might not let you download it. In my case, clicking on the archive did not do anything. So I had to right click and say "save as" , then Chrome complained that "this cannot be downloaded securely", then I selected "Keep" from the downloads dropdown.

Once you have the archive just unzip it somewhere, change the exe to GRB.exe in the ini, then start CMU, then start the game.
The press F12. (maybe Ctr+Shift + T first)

Hope this helps some more people experience this awesome game. I for one would not have believed it was possible to enjoy such games, but the great people in our community made it possible, with all their knowledge about profile changes, and settings, and genius software like the CMU.
ENJOY!
Boblenon
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Boblenon »

thank a lot, that's more or less what I did but i am on 452.06 drivers and last windows 10 version, I must have something was wrong
Boblenon
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Boblenon »

I finally succeeded in CMODE. in all ultra and hack convergence, amazing ambiance

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”