Avegant Glyph

amorphis
One Eyed Hopeful

Avegant Glyph

Post by amorphis »

My second Glyph (first one had battery problems) has arrived and so far no problems. But still there's some general issues with the device as you may know, like dusts finding their way into the device. I don't know all the specific reason for dust issues, only read some comments and after that tried to take precautions:

- My Glyph's right lens has a tiny gap on its side which you can see the light inside very slightly,
- While trying to mount it on my head, during stretching I can see temprorary gaps on joint parts of the sides.

Don't know if it will actually prevent dusting, but I hope so. So I used a TFPE (Teflon) tape for these gaps and lenses, here's the result if anyone looking for a simple solution (Warning very ugly :D ):

Note: TFPE tape can be easily removed if you don't want it anymore, because there's no adhesives.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Avegant Glyph

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Aslan, is that you?

I thought I read somewhere that the dust creeps in when the lenses are extended in or out on a regular basis - not positive.
amorphis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by amorphis »

No, I'm not, just lacuna from Geforce Forums, sorry to disappoint. :D

That makes sense, so I think it's possible. My so called dust preventing solution disables extending lenses in or out, they are now fixed, but you can adjust them a little. So apart from ugliness, it's not suitable for the ones who still wants to use extend in-out function regularly. Though by wrapping the tape loosely you can still extend the lenses in or out, but in this case it will probably not help much to prevent dusts creeping in.

The most I liked about wrapping my Glyph is there's no more stretching, creeking sounds in arms during mounting it, feels more durable. :)
Aslan-The lion
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Aslan-The lion »

Feisty_Fernando wrote:Aslan, is that you?

I thought I read somewhere that the dust creeps in when the lenses are extended in or out on a regular basis - not positive.

Nice to see you here. Also what can I do to combat it, because I extend my lenses on a regular bases.
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Aslan-The lion wrote:
Feisty_Fernando wrote:Aslan, is that you?

Nice to see you here. Also what can I do to combat it, because I extend my lenses on a regular bases.

I leave mine out/extended when not in use and just tweak if needed during use. I've had them for maybe two years and only one speck of dust in the left display in the lower right corner, can barely see it.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”