User community OWNS Helixmod Wishlist...

whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

User community OWNS Helixmod Wishlist...

Post by whyme466 »

The 3D Vision user community (us) really owns the helixmod.blogspot Wishlist. No automatic list pruning exits, so WE are responsible for updating our requested games as they are either fixed or identified as currently unfixable (DX12, stringent EAC, and so on). Personally, I have been guilty of not removing fixed games from my individual wishlist. With this forum transition, we user need to help by actively participating in areas like Wishlist maintenance.

One requested new feature: allow users to delete games (or flag for deletion, at least), as well as add games. For example, some of my previously requested games have been fixed (great!), but I cannot remove them (and the list is not automatically purged)...
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Porlonus
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: User community OWNS Helixmod Wishlist...

Post by Porlonus »

Last post Nov 2018 .... and that's no wonder since there was a more frequently used wishlist: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... ish-list-/

On forums you can edit those posts and can divide them like f.e.:

Wishlist: Fix available: So all those requests of yours already are possible, we just need a new thread here.
Last edited by Porlonus on Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ToThePoint
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ToThePoint »

Gents, my apologies for rudely interjecting, but I just wanted to say that I'm definitely liking the pro-active stance that you're both taking, and I'm speaking in very general terms here, not just in regards to the subject matter of this particular thread. Since at present there simply aren't all that many of us taking an active part in these forums, I think we all need to be leaders in one form or another, rather than simply lurkers or followers. Hopefully, that might be enough to start gaining us some traction on here as time goes on, and most critically those that do frequent here, don't have cause to start losing any of their initial enthusiasm and regretting the re-location altogether.

Ultimately, all we can do is to at least give it our best shot here, and hope that that's going to be enough.
Intel Core i7 6850k @ 3.6 Ghz (Liquid Cooled: Corsair Hydro H115i), 2x GTX 1080 Ti, HB SLI @ x16x16 (Air Cooled), GTX 1060 Dedicated PhysX, 32Gb RAM Kingston Predator
Asus X-99 Deluxe II Motherboard, Corsair Obsidian 1000D Super Tower, Win7 Pro (442.19), Win8.1 (441.66), Ubuntu, Rog Swift PG27VQ 3D (1440p), HTC Vive
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

A forum list is more versatile, but helixmod’s Wishlist offers the ability to scale/weight preferences and combine these preferences across ALL participating users. This combination provides a fairer assessment of total community interest in potential games to fix, in my opinion.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Not sure how to determine the engine used in some games, take Tempest 4000 for example. Internet doesn't offer info on the engine used but I think the thread idea is a good one.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

Il continue my wishlist in some days, i need to get @work to get the cache from the old forum, i have saved it there. No need of a new post, or if you want @ Porlonus, you can continue the wishlist and ill send you the latest updated state to edit your post.
Porlonus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Porlonus »

Well, I actually do have something even bigger in mind, mixing up that topic with this one and using the GameGrade DB as base. Of course beside new/updated information it also would require some add. options, but I have few things in mind to make s.t. complete again, and once working, I think it would be quite easy to handle too. I did contact the ppl behind for some necessary information, so far no answer, but they've been quite busy with other rl topics for now, no complain, but we have to wait.

So ... any ideas - should we take care of a temporary wishlist? If you want, I can take it over for the time being till act. above (imo way better) approach is rdy.
P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Post by P.C.Zen »

Are you guys going to start a Wishlist thread here?

I was going to but it seems like you've got it covered?
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Any proposed forum wish list should aggregate and allow prioritization of user wishes, like current helixmod.blogspot list does. The biggest challenge will be list ongoing maintenance - that is the primary issue with the current helixmod list (no problem manually adding game, but problem arises trying to remove game from list after fix completion - and how automated game removal process is).

The easiest, fastest solution is simply to ask bo3b to add ability for any user to flag games for removal from helixmod list, as well as add games. helixmod administrator could actually remove game (and votes). We users still need to keep our requests current (which we are NOT doing)...
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

As a reminder, the Wishlist allows users to prioritize desired games based upon 100 points - and a max allowance of 30 per game. With this type of voting setup, I suggest that NO game receive less than 10 points. The list has been cleaned up a little to remove fixed games - please share any problems or errors here...

Please donate something to our critically important shaderhackers and tool developers (like DSS) whenever possible, and acknowledge their extensive work whenever using a fix.
Last edited by whyme466 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Porlonus wrote:Well, I actually do have something even bigger in mind, mixing up that topic with this one and using the GameGrade DB as base. Of course beside new/updated information it also would require some add. options, but I have few things in mind to make s.t. complete again, and once working, I think it would be quite easy to handle too. I did contact the ppl behind for some necessary information, so far no answer, but they've been quite busy with other rl topics for now, no complain, but we have to wait.

So ... any ideas - should we take care of a temporary wishlist? If you want, I can take it over for the time being till act. above (imo way better) approach is rdy.
I was always hoping that the WishList on HelixModBlog could do this job in a simple form, but it's not clear that it works for everyone, even if it is up to date. Losti did not know it existed for example, which is one reason he started his own forum based version. Especially for ShaderHackers- I defer to whatever works best for them. They are doing the work, anything that they think saves them time or effort is OK by me.

Another easy to setup voting mechanism is the one I'm using on HelixVision. This would be one vote per game, instead of the max 30 of 100 approach of current WishList. Not sure if people have a preference, but if you do, we could switch to that form without much problem. (https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-feature-requests/)
Porlonus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Porlonus »

bo3bber wrote:Another easy to setup voting mechanism is the one I'm using on HelixVision. This would be one vote per game, instead of the max 30 of 100 approach of current WishList. Not sure if people have a preference, but if you do, we could switch to that form without much problem. (https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-feature-requests/)
(Btw., we do talk about this, not that much in use, but HelixVision is not that broad anyway yet) That may would be nice, if the helixmod-site would run on WP, but as in the footer described, it's using blogger. I just did a quick digging, but there a no plugins for it yet? One could only rewrite it, or use a wp subpage (if the hosting package allows that, though I dunno if I'd advise it, if it would be just for that page, except there are already other wp subpages).

So I'd like it as it would be a quick solution, but depends on the hosting setup.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”