Suspended on NVidia forums

bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Suspended on NVidia forums

Post by bo3bber »

Logged in to see current posts, and my account is suspended for 7 days. This is actually what I expected to happen, which is why I wanted to keep it buried in a thread and do this slowly, not make a big announcement. Also best days for doing this sort of thing are on the weekends, because they aren't at the office.

For people not suspended, please use their PM messaging to let people know we've moved. Should be relatively short order that it's a ghost town. Doesn't hurt to check them once in awhile, people can often come back after several months.

To be more fair to Nvidia than is justified, it is in fact a violation of the terms, so it's not a surprise I was suspended. But that's also why mtbs3d is far superior, we don't have corporate lackeys looking over our shoulders.

No point in antagonizing NVidia right now. They have demonstrated they simply don't care about the user at all. Not just us in 3D land, no one. They don't listen to complaints, don't give any estimates for when their broken poop will be fixed. They obviously think it's fine. It's sad, but big corporations can't be reached. Full of well meaning people making stupid decisions. They aren't going to change, no matter what we say.

Sort of nice transition though- I have no intention of posting there ever again.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Suspended on NVidia forums

Post by RAGEdemon »

Yep, I'm banned too, though more permanently - I didn't see a time limit ;-)

I wonder how many others...

We're being too generous - their TOS forbids linking to other forums as advertisements; the main purpose being that they cannot control nasty content on other forums.

- We are not affiliated with MTBS , and in the strict sense, we're not advertising; - our posts were more Public Service Announcements. There have been many a post with links to a vast array of other forums without consequence.

No, the 'defying the TOS' excuse is simply pretext.

The silver lining is that this can be a watershed moment for us to cut the chord...
Last edited by RAGEdemon on Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Porlonus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Porlonus »

bo3bber wrote:Sort of nice transition though- I have no intention of posting there ever again.
There is still a lot of information there tough. Are there any ideas on how to hande that for now?
Joker18
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Joker18 »

All the information is lost there anyway. It's like a black hole.
Only google can help to find some older ports.
3D Gamer using Avegant Glyph & LG 65E6V
No hidden talents.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

I believe someone here has text backups of the entire NVidia forum + the old Tridef forum.

I have contacted Neil (owner of MTBS) about integrating that into a searchable / link-able format.

He says he is busy with another endeavour at the moment but will take a look at it around October (no promises).

Another user here has suggested that another sub-forum be opened here which contains the old NV forum from the backup, which IMHO is a fabulous idea. No idea how easy or difficult it would be however - presumably easy for someone who knows what they are doing; not so much for others...
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Post by P.C.Zen »

Well that sucks.

This whole situation is just sickening and painful, I think probably for everyone involved.

Also, if the people at Nvidia are concerned about a mass exodus they're almost certainly monitoring this forum.
Porlonus wrote:There is still a lot of information there tough. Are there any ideas on how to hande that for now?
That's a good question. Maybe if we can get a list of keywords or topics, someone could run some searches and put together some faqs.

Not sure what we really need to know? It seems everything runs pretty well already?

My first 3D monitor arrived the day they dumped the forum into off-topic, so I've really no idea what kind of info. is on the forum, and what the necessary stuff is.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

A bit surprised I am not banned too, but after the post I just made probably will be... Oh well screw them really.

*Oh noes censorship.* Oh well, still better than the hell hole we just left...
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I still have an account at nvidia and can certainly help gathering people by pm'ing them about here (pm works btw?).
For me personally I lost faith in nvidia many years ago. When someone takes the carrot and dangles it just in reach of me, then i know where it's all gonna be at...
Unfortunately i haven't got around figuring out to update my rig to make the best of the dual pjs. I still have it and occassionally starts it up for that amazing "veteran" feeling. I still love s-3d...

Edit: There doesn't seem to be a way to pm people over there though.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

Likay wrote:Edit: There doesn't seem to be a way to pm people over there though.
I think we just have to make new discussions there to point people here. I'll get banned there later. :)
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Vaeltaja wrote:
Likay wrote:Edit: There doesn't seem to be a way to pm people over there though.
I think we just have to make new discussions there to point people here. I'll get banned there later. :)
No PM works over there, but there might be some restriction on rarely used or new accounts.

Of course the user interface for the PM is terrible. It's a tiny icon in the top bar after you are signed in. That's it.

(and not for me at present at least.)
ToThePoint
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ToThePoint »

@ Likay I'm hoping my own approach was subtle enough over there to guide forum users in this general direction. I haven't been banned, yet. By the way, you've racked up a serious number of posts here. Your rank's so high, it practically warrants a salute.
Intel Core i7 6850k @ 3.6 Ghz (Liquid Cooled: Corsair Hydro H115i), 2x GTX 1080 Ti, HB SLI @ x16x16 (Air Cooled), GTX 1060 Dedicated PhysX, 32Gb RAM Kingston Predator
Asus X-99 Deluxe II Motherboard, Corsair Obsidian 1000D Super Tower, Win7 Pro (442.19), Win8.1 (441.66), Ubuntu, Rog Swift PG27VQ 3D (1440p), HTC Vive
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

When I PM'd muojo I had to start a PM and type in a username to PM to.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

I could log in yesterday to the forum, so I think I'm no longer suspended. Maybe, probably.

But today, I cannot log in, it throws an error of "header too large" when I try to log in. I get that error for anything off google searches too, so it's probably just their sh*tty software, but in any case, I can't look at or send PMs.

Someone here who is logged on might go there and PM the people on the latest threads that we've moved.
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

I'm able to see the forum from a google search or from re-logging into the site. They recently updated the forum to include a search feature and bug fixes. SHIFT+CTRL+DELETE and clearing browser cache might help.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

3DNovice wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:59 pm Does anyone have the link to the Nvidia forum backup?
http://bo3b.net/3DV-updated.7z (from viewtopic.php?t=23282)
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

R..

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”