Bioshock 2 crashing in 3D

Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Bioshock 2 crashing in 3D

Post by Shift-E »

I am having an issue with Bioshock 2 in 3D. the game crashes in 3 seconds 100% of the time if I have Texture Detail set to High. if I set it to Medium, it does not crash. what's the problem, just play on medium you say? - well Medium looks horrendous, textures are incredibly blurry like they have not even loaded, signs are unreadable. Texture Detail on High works fine without the 3D fix, no crashes.

I read through the old 3D vision Bioshock 2 thread and the Helixmod comments (where I found the texture setting fix). I have tried every and all fixes I found on google with no success. I am playing with EDID mod so it needs to be on native 4k, it does not crash at all without the 3d fix installed. I wonder if rendering it twice in 4K is causing the issue. This is the original, not the remastered version of course - and I am definitely launching in dx9. I can play in 3D without the Helixmod fix and it will not crash at all, but then there are other issues - it seems medium textures + the fix would be better since it comes with perfect 3D.

Bioshock 1 worked fine for me though, and I was surprised how incredibly well the game holds up (I never played it in 3D). So I was really looking forward to the sequel. I tried swapping out the dll from Bioshock 1 and other more recent dx9 fixes, but it still crashes. Just posting this as a last ditch effort before I cave and play with crappy textures, any ideas?
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Bioshock 2 crashing in 3D

Post by whyme466 »

Sorry, do not have game currently installed, but I have not found 4K EDID mod to be a problem for any of the MANY games I have played - beyond Dark Souls 3's colorbug issue (I also use 3DVisionEye Swapper app). What OS/CPU/GPU do you have? 4K 3D rendering requires considerable hardware resources, although DX9 helps reduce processing demands.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Bioshock 2 crashing in 3D

Post by Shift-E »

whyme466 wrote:Sorry, do not have game currently installed, but I have not found 4K EDID mod to be a problem for any of the MANY games I have played - beyond Dark Souls 3's colorbug issue (I also use 3DVisionEye Swapper app). What OS/CPU/GPU do you have? 4K 3D rendering requires considerable hardware resources, although DX9 helps reduce processing demands.
I don't think its a lack of resources, I played Bioshock 1 4k using only 33% of GPU - it didn't even cause the fans to start up. It was nice to give my GPU some easy downtime after the demanding current games I usually play. I am on win10 1809, 2080ti/9900 strictly because of 3D lol. There are no event log errors left behind on these crashes. I am just going to have to play it with hideous textures I guess...hard to do when I certainly have the VRAM to handle a decade old game textures :cry:

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”