Best video card for 3D vision these days out of the box

dray41
One Eyed Hopeful

Best video card for 3D vision these days out of the box

Post by dray41 »

i built a VR machine a couple of years ago w/ 2 1080 ti's, 32 g ram, i7 770 OC'd to 4.5, runs great using HTC vive (Steam). Im feeling nostalgic. what the best video card these days for 3D vision?........i have an Acer HN274H monitor (3D vision-ready), i have Nvidia 3D vision glasses and ir emitter. ANY help would be great/ (i played starcraft 2 years ago in 3D and i loved it)

:shutter :shutter

forgot to add this part, im building a machine just to run 3D vision. it will run windows 7 (or XP depending on which OS it functions better under)
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Best video card for 3D vision these days out of the box

Post by bo3bber »

You might want to post this in the 3D Vision forum to get other opinions.

I think you are pretty much set with your 1080tis. The only card that is faster is 2080ti, and it comes with more driver restrictions, which is not good for 3D Vision. It's also only 30% faster at $1200.

At a minimum, I wouldn't switch until you try your 1080ti with your current setup and see if it seems OK. Pretty sure you will not have an performance problems at all, even using a single card on the games that need it. SLI will work in 3D Vision on some games, but is not well supported. At 1080p though and 1080ti, you won't have any problems.

Windows 7 is the right choice there, 3D Vision doesn't run on anything older.
Eutility
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Best video card for 3D vision these days out of the box

Post by Eutility »

hey bo3b!

so I am pondering upgrading to a 2080 Ti, adding a 2nd 1080 Ti to my rig for SLI, or waiting to see if they come out with a Super version of the 2080 Ti. That would be ideal if it works with 3D Vision. I would think that they should having the same architecture but we all know how computers are...

bo3b can you expand on the driver limitations for the current 2080 Ti's? I was running the most recent drivers last month with my 1080 Ti but now am running LTSC 2019 (1809) and 417.35 for SOTTR (Shadow of the Tomb Raider).

Wondering where the hell is everyone from the 3d vision board?

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”