Adobe 3D camera tech for post processing of images

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Adobe 3D camera tech for post processing of images

Post by Silversurfer »

Adobe's Dave Story shows a multi-view camera lens for taking 3D pictures.
(Credit: Audioblog.fr)

Imagine if your computer knew the [space-shel, how’s that word spelt?] 3D depth of the digi image you had taken & you were then able to use this info to say erase distracting obstacles in the image from say the foreground. or let’s say you wanted to add specific depth-of-field effects like soft background effects precisely without the aid of Photoshop like software.

This is the tech Adobe Systems showed recently in their news conference. I remember at the time reading about it & thinking that would be one smart camera. As you can see in the above image it works on the “insect's compound eye, transmits several smaller images to the camera. The result is a photograph with multiple sub-views, each taken from a slightly different vantage point at exactly the same time.”

Story adds focus to some elements of a photo.
(Credit: Audioblog.fr)

Article: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13580_3-97932 ... 7-1_3-0-20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The article goes into further techno depth & I know it will appeal to the MTBS3D members.
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Adobe 3D camera tech for post processing of images

Post by sharky »

this is what i call interesting! :D

how does it store teh depth information? i suppose it is a single image created witht he center camera, and the other cameras create something like a depth map saved in the psd file. possible?
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

sharky wrote:this is what i call interesting! :D
Neil - the god of MTBS - still shows up to s3D functions taking 2d photos looking like a total goofball 2D loser while poor yuri has s3d videos on a shoestring budget, I just don't understand with all these s3d photographic software and hardware solutions why neil is such a 2d luddite. (sigh)
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Neil

Post by Neil »

Ever since the accident as a child, I have been cursed as the shoemaker's son who has gone without shoes.

Actually, I have been shopping around for portable digital 3D camera. Not easy to come by. Do you have some recommendations?

Regards,
Neil
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

Neil wrote:Actually, I have been shopping around for portable digital 3D camera. Not easy to come by. Do you have some recommendations?
Neil
Yuri does it, he can only afford a beer bottle for a camera stand, but still he does it, certainly he can give a few pointers, am I the only one that would like to see some of these s3d functions and conferences that neil attends in true s3d? I am beginning to think so as I don't see anyone else requesting this. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Neil

Post by Neil »

It's not so easy!

I need something very portable and un-clumsy.

It's one thing if you are doing something at home. Entirely different if you are in a crowded space, are rushed to get the photo done before the person has to leave, etc. etc.

I agree with what you are saying, though. S-3D photos would be a nice touch. If there are any S-3D camera makers reading this, any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Neil
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

martinlandau wrote:Neil - the god of MTBS - still shows up to s3D functions taking 2d photos looking like a total goofball 2D loser while...
What a sick obsession! I suppose that you aren't going to show your own content in 2D anymore in the rest of your life, are you?.
Really, I don't feel the need to see a photo of a group of people standing still in glorious 3D. I leave it for media that really takes advantage of 3D like computer games and movies.
Fanatism and extremism can be harmful attitudes.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

crim3 wrote:
martinlandau wrote:Neil - the god of MTBS - still shows up to s3D functions taking 2d photos looking like a total goofball 2D loser while...
What a sick obsession! I suppose that you aren't going to show your own content in 2D anymore in the rest of your life, are you?.
Really, I don't feel the need to see a photo of a group of people standing still in glorious 3D. I leave it for media that really takes advantage of 3D like computer games and movies.
Fanatism and extremism can be harmful attitudes.
Neil must be sickly obsessed too, above he says he agrees with me ;) Photoforms just got poo pooed by you it seems, but I think neil and I are not the only 2 people that would like to see stationary people in photos in s3d. This board is for 3d fanatics and extremists, you are surrounded by many with harmful attitudes - like the king in monty python said - you better run away run away ;)

Return to “MTBS Newswire”