3D Movie - Bolt

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

3D Movie - Bolt

Post by Welder »

Hey all, I saw Bolt last Saturday in RealD3D and wanted to say that it was a GREAAAAT movie. The storyline was awesome!

The 3D effects were well done too. It seems that movie creators have finally stopped using gimmicky-omg-my-eyes-are-bleeding type 3D in the early 3D CG movies. So all the 3D in this is only to enhance the movie, and it is really done with great taste. No silly ginormous pop-out effects that won't work. The movie itself has beautiful animation to it. So much detail, like moving grass in the background, and little things that make this movie truly excellent. In all honesty, I will say that this is the BEST Computer Animated 3D Movie I have seen to date(3D OR 2D) (I have seen most). Just the quality and attention to detail, the no-gimmick 3D, EXCELLENT storyline, and great voice acting make this a true experience. This is not really a little kids movie only... so don't be scared to go out and see it yourself!

I rate it 5/5 :)

Hopefully some day I can watch it on the iZ3D ;)
staticbuddha
Cross Eyed!

Re: 3D Movie - Bolt

Post by staticbuddha »

great to hear, unfortenatly it dosnt come out to feb over here in the UK, but I will defo go and see it and it sounds great they havnt cheaply used 3D.

cheers
Stu
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Yes, the way they used the 3D is really great. It makes the movie look so much better.
koshien
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by koshien »

I've seen it in a movie theater in Rome (they have started to use 3D projection with Bolt) and they use Dolby 3D Digital Cinema technology. I found 3D to be annoying when the action in the movie was at night or in dark rooms because of the lack of brightness... overall though I really enjoyed the experience and I will definitely repeat it in January with "Journey to the center of the Earth" (it still has to come out over here...).
The Bolt movie itself was really enjoyable too :lol:
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

Hey I had a review about Bolt 3D, and it is gone, but your review is here, god must be drunk, something funny going on - what's up doc?
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

Found this link just now thought I'd share.

http://www.dolby.com/consumer/motion_pi ... index.html

Its a listing of all 3D Theatres they are marked Dolby 3D or blank. The blank ones are Real-D. I found a location just over an hour from my house. Had no idea. Bolt 3D here I come!
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

Very helpful info., I use the link and also found a theatre half an hour from where I live. Yeah!
Thanks.
Killigath wrote:Found this link just now thought I'd share.

http://www.dolby.com/consumer/motion_pi ... index.html

Its a listing of all 3D Theatres they are marked Dolby 3D or blank. The blank ones are Real-D. I found a location just over an hour from my house. Had no idea. Bolt 3D here I come!
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

i really hope they relase it in dvd side by side or interlaced.. it really sux not to have a way to go to teh cinemy like oyu do ...
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I just got to see Bolt this afternoon. It was pretty cool. 3D was done tastefully but still not as impressive as Journey to the Center of the Earth. The movie itself was pretty funny too for a kids movie. Also I got to see some cool S3D previews for Mosters Vs Aliens and also Coraline. I was surprised the theater was packed for a Sunday afternoon showing. Overall good show, can't wait to see some serious action flick in 3d. Avatar, don't let me down.
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Finally we have a 3D screen here at Valencia and I went to see Bolt yesterday. An average movie in its genre, but speaking of 3D, I got very impressed! It's a Dolby 3D theater and I still can hardly believe that an implementation based on color filters can work so neat!! Great colors and very comfortable to see. Stereo separation was a bit small at the distance I sat (too far from the screen), but I didn't want to bother the audience changing my seat in the middle of the movie. Next time I know I have to buy tickets for the firsts rows.

Great experience overall. I'm sure it must be a pleasure to see for anyone no matter it's 3D fanatic or not.

Looking forward to Avatar more than ever. Although James Cameron is not a film-maker of my preference, I have the feeling that Avatar will mark a milestone on cinema history.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

I finally got to see Bolt in RealD. Very good quality stereo. I sat about 1/2 way up in the theater. Roughly 35 feet away. Stereo depth was amazing. Great color with no ghosting, and it looked very HD. It was so nice that I forgot I was watching in stereo. There weren't any really fantastic pop out scenes, just one or two decent ones. Entry was $9.25 and they gave you a sealed pair of polarized glasses. The glasses were a bit on the large side, but they were light and comfy even over my prescription glasses. I kept mine, so I'll post some pics soon. I will definitely be going to visit that particular theater again and again as new movies come out.

I personally loved the movie. I'm a big Pixar fan so my opinion might be a little skewed. It was funny listening to John Travolta's voice come from a dog that thinks hes a superhero. Cute movie, I even teared up a bit when he saved Penny at the end.

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”