FreePIE->Vjoy->X360CE (Vjoy Device 1 owned by other feeder)

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
HeartOfGermany
One Eyed Hopeful

FreePIE->Vjoy->X360CE (Vjoy Device 1 owned by other feeder)

Post by HeartOfGermany »

I basically mapped every key from mouse and keyboard. Works so far... Well, how do I get an Xinput device from that, that can be fed in to VIGEM via VDX interface?

Please help. Working on this sh*t for hours since days and not getting it to work. It cannot be impossible...
Jabberwock
Cross Eyed!

Re: FreePIE->Vjoy->X360CE (Vjoy Device 1 owned by other feed

Post by Jabberwock »

I am afraid I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish... Why do you want to go through Vjoy?
HeartOfGermany
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by HeartOfGermany »

Because FreePIE->VJOY is the only solution so far, I had, that can accomplish a usefull Mouse+Keyboard to controller mapping. If I would have found anything else, I would have done it differently.

I am not aware of any usefull software, that can remap mouse to controller except REM4P. I bought a license. If you have a suggestion though, friends of mine also want that, so I could still use an alternative.
Jabberwock
Cross Eyed!

Post by Jabberwock »

Why not map directly from mouse/keyboard to X360CE (or Xoutput)?
HeartOfGermany
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by HeartOfGermany »

Well, how? It does not react to any HID input except controllers. If there is no controller, every option is even greyed out.
Jabberwock
Cross Eyed!

Post by Jabberwock »

What does not react to any HID input and what has every option greyed out? If you do not describe in detail what you want to accomplish and how you have attempted it so far, it will be difficult to present any solutions.
HeartOfGermany
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by HeartOfGermany »

-Start X360CE
-2 Controllers are shown in green (representing 2Vjoy Controllers that I configured)
-Disconnecting any of the Input controllers disables absolutely everything of the corresponding X360CE controller. The signal is greyed out, also the button-mapping-menu and every other menu corresponding to this controller. That tells me, that X360CE ONLY accepts controllers as input, since it deactivates the emulated X360 controller once I deactivate the Vjoy controller. Also there is a function, to "Press any button to map to button ___" It reacts to controller buttons, but not to keyboard. Mouse and Keyboard input is not supported by X360CE.

So I wrote a script to give a virtual controller (Vjoy) the correct mapping. If it is mapped, X360CE can detect every button press (Only Z axis is a bit glitchy since D-Input has not 2 Buttons, just pos_z and neg_z) If I am on the Mapping tab in X360CE there is an option "Enable controller emulation". If I press it i get the error, that the VJOY Controller is already fed by another feeder. (The feeder is FreePIE).

There is absolutely no working way to map mouse to controller with this setup. It just always gets an error, because the controller does not support 2 feeders. Don't know even, why X360CE does need to feed - it just needs to read it and give me an emulated controller, that can be detected by ViGem. If I stop FreePIE I can press the buttton "Emulate V controller" inX360CE, but it does not even plugin a controller into windows 10. What does X360CE even do? Let me guess: It does not emulate a real Xinput controller?
Jabberwock
Cross Eyed!

Post by Jabberwock »

I finally have an idea what you are trying to do.

If vJoy complains that there are two feeders, then it means something is running alongside FreePIE that feeds it data. Or maybe you are running two instances of FreePIE?

Unfortunately, FreePIE does not have yet a direct plugin to VIGem. But it does work with Nefarius older software - SCPToolkit. That is what I use (together with XOutputPlugin) to map keyboard, mouse etc. to a virtual XBOX controller.
HeartOfGermany
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by HeartOfGermany »

Jabberwock wrote:I finally have an idea what you are trying to do.

If vJoy complains that there are two feeders, then it means something is running alongside FreePIE that feeds it data. Or maybe you are running two instances of FreePIE?
No, X360CE has the option (on each Pad1-Pad4 Page) "Enable virtual device" than number 1-16 and the Rate (125 stock). This itself is feeding the Vjoy software whise. I cannot check this option, while FreePie is running. Also, I cannot run FreePie, if I check this option before. Both the X360CE AND FreePie use the "feeder interface" of Vjoy. Don't get it.

One idea: Is this option "Enable virtual device" meant to map something to
Jabberwock wrote: Unfortunately, FreePIE does not have yet a direct plugin to VIGem. But it does work with Nefarius older software - SCPToolkit. That is what I use (together with XOutputPlugin) to map keyboard, mouse etc. to a virtual XBOX controller.
I don't know how to use SCP-T to remap stuff. I can select the Mapping of the buttons in the app "Scp Toolkit Profile Manager" It does not save them. Restarting as administrator also does not result in this options getting saved, even when pressing save. I am shocked that there is no simple freeware that mapps M+K to Xinput. So many reasons this should exist. Emulators and PS4 Remote.

I don't want to go into the effort do almost debug software layer by layer to get something simple like that working. If one day the Rem4p does not work because the servers are down, I will find a solution to bypass login (since I bought it it is not crime to modify my own files). This App works pretty good plug&play and is worth the money. The time I WASTED on this jungle of software solutions which all not seem to offer the usability I am willing to invest time into (I almost love FreePie - scripting is pretty fast to learn) is worth much more money.

Done!
Jabberwock
Cross Eyed!

Post by Jabberwock »

I see no reason to feed VJoy from X360CE - why would you want to do that? In your setup X360CE should take the input from Vjoy, not the other way round.

If you have SCP Toolkit properly configured and Xoutput plugin for FreePIE, then all you need to configure M+K mappings to XInput is FreePIE. Thanks to FreePIE I have mapped to XInput: mouse, keyboard, Razer Hydra, Kinect, Wii Board, PS drum set (via MIDI inteface) and other weird controllers, so definitely it can be done. Keep the faith! And post when it does not work, maybe together we will find a solution.

I also see that someone has written a Vigem plugin for FreePIE, but I am not sure how functional it is at this time - maybe you should contact the author?

https://github.com/AndersMalmgren/FreePIE/pull/154

Return to “FreePIE”