Game support for Wiimote, Balance-Board, Voice, Leap Motion

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
Tobias Claren
One Eyed Hopeful

Game support for Wiimote, Balance-Board, Voice, Leap Motion

Post by Tobias Claren »

Hello.

I hope this sub forum is the right.
I have a suggestion.

There are some games with Vireio support.
But I need a gamepad for control it?
No VR controllers?

My suggestion:
Support for some cheap existing and wide spreaded existing controllers.
Wiimote, Wii Balance Board (since years, you can use it to "fly" throug google Earth), Leap Motion, P5 Glove (old Controller, not important, Leap Motion is more free) voice recognition etc..

Do I need a gamepad, for example in Portal 1?
Hmmm, not really intuitive.
For example for people, perhaps old people, they play only "Candy-Crush"-like and Puzzle-Apps.
The first impression for "VR" counts.
And "portal" is "puzzle", but in First-Person.

My ideas, with portal as example:

* Voice control.
"Shoot" the red and blue portal, tke/drop the qube etc. with a voice command.
Windows has integrated voice recognition, perhaps it is possible to use it in Vireio.

* Running with stomping legs on the same place with Wiimotes above the ankles. And jumping perhaps with a jump, or (in sitting position) both feeds lifting.
Or on a Wii Balance Board. Since Years, you can use it to fly throug Google Earth.

"Stomping" (running), and kicking could be also usable in soccer games or fighting games.
Wiimotes not only above the ankles, perhaps also at the arms.

And Tennis with WiiMote controller.

And there are existing heart rate controller for Wii.
In Set with EA Active 2 for Wii and Windows Kinect.
There are VR games with heart moitoring.
For example "Nevermind":
http://kotaku.com/a-horror-game-that-ge ... 1517631289

Generally:
WiiMotes as swords/Light-Sword, Guns (there are some cheap cases for WiiMotes), as a torchlight (for example in "A Chair in a Room: Greenwater" or "Slender - The Arrival" you use a torchlight), for running etc..
And Wii Balance Board as running controller.
And there is a Bicycle (ergometer, home trainer) for Wii. You could use it for running, driving etc..

And perhaps controller support for Games with native VR-support.
Then, Vireio could support only this controllers and voice control. Convert this external control devices und voice commands in a virtual game controller (HID device) etc..
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Game support for Wiimote, Balance-Board, Voice, Leap Mot

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi Tobias !

Sorry for my late answer, i was fully caught up in christmas rush.

Basically, support for Wii-Hardware, Leap Motion, Voice Recognition can now be done with the new architecture of the driver by coding plugins. That is exactly why we started this new, more flexible and versatile architecture since it allows us to build more komplex game profiles. The tool to create game profiles and include all plugins - Aquilinus - will also be released soon.

But all these plugins necessary have not been coded right now since we are still in alpha stage and hope to release a first version of driver v4 now soon.

Any open source programmer out there can code these plugins, of course, and help to improve Vireio.

Regards, Denis

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”