Build error: OVR.h

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
oldgoat5
One Eyed Hopeful

Build error: OVR.h

Post by oldgoat5 »

Hi,

I have cloned Perception in the past to take a glance, now that I have a cv1 i can take a more serious look at it, eventually to fix game support for something, but thats in the long run after fallout4 is working.

When building I get a

Code: Select all

1>c:\users\michael\source\repos\perception\dxproxy\dxproxy\oculustracker.h(37): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '..\..\LibOVR\Include\OVR.h': No such file or directory
Ive seen in the logs support for sdk 1.3.1 was added, but on the Oculus website I can only see 1.3.2 1.3.0, or 0.8. I've tried all of them but no success. I've read OVR.h was to be removed from the sdk after 0.8. I've also tried using the 0.8 OVR.h with 1.3.2 but that didnt work. I can't find sdk 1.3.1 on the internet but I do see mentions of 1.3.1 runtime.

This is using Visual Studio 2013 on windows 7. I had it building and was logging things in the past so I am wondering if something got lost or if the readme needs to be updated. Just to note i've been pasting them to the project directory where its looking. The newer sdks dont have that header file in them.

Thanks

OldGoat
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Build error: OVR.h

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi OldGoat !

The architecture of Vireio <=v3 is still based on Oculus SDK v0.6.0.1. So you need to copy Oculus SDK v0.6.0.1 to your Perception folder, read the build instructions in https://github.com/cybereality/Perception.

We need to keep this included for backwards compatibility.

To build the new Oculus nodes on your own compile the relevant nodes in https://github.com/cybereality/Percepti ... ginSection. You find the Oculus nodes for 0.8 and 1.3 in both "MotionTracker" and "Renderer" directories.

We will reveal the new development tool for the new architecture soon, it handles these plugins found in "//perception//bin//my plugins....". Thx for your patience.

Regards, Denis
oldgoat5
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Build error: OVR.h

Post by oldgoat5 »

Ahh okay I thought I would have had to use a newer version for the 1.3. Thanks for the help its been building.

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”