Nightmare Before Christmas 3D 144FPS

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Nightmare Before Christmas 3D 144FPS

Post by martinlandau »

I just got back from watching this film from a RealD theater in florida. The movie was interesting, a good family flick, and the 3D had many nice spots, but overall I don't feel it was as immersive as Journey to the center of the earth which is still my RealD standard. The 3D didn't have as much depth and popout as compared to journey (afterall it is only a 2D to 3D conversion flick). It was much better than watching nightmare in 2D though and I would encourage anyone to go see it. Many years ago I watched imax space station in 3D and got a headache. Journey and Nightmare did not leave me with a headache. I believe the RealD is working at 144FPS so that is 72 frames per eye. Still the best holiday movie I have seen in 3D has to be Polar Express at Imax - towards the end of that movie a slight headache developed. I was just about the only person in the theater, not just the nightmare room, but literally in the entire 18 screen theater which is part of one of the largest malls in florida. Perhaps it is the low quality of films, the only 2 interesting me were nightmare and body of lies, but perhaps people are just too broke. It was 7 US dollars for the film and 2.50 more if you had to buy the realD glasses. They showed the BOLT in 3d preview again and it did have some nice 3D. I predict many good things from Disney and 3D in general.
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Re: Nightmare Before Christmas 3D 144FPS

Post by Znith »

I went to see it this past week. It was ok in S3D but then again I haven't been overly impressed with any S3D movies in RealD. The depth isn't always there and there isn't enough separation for me. I understand the majority of audiences would get a headache and complain if the the settings were jacked up as high as I'd like them :roll: I don't think the film did well around my neck of the woods. My theater was practically empty and it was not advertised in any media form other than a theater listing in the newspaper.

Journey was a little better but Nightmare was a more 'fun' movie for me.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”