New Tech Brings Augmented Reality3D Models to Books

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

New Tech Brings Augmented Reality3D Models to Books

Post by Silversurfer »

Article: inc YouTube VID
http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/gizmodo/full ... s-to-books

With a HMD this would rock, so you wouldn't need to hold the book / mag up to the webcam?

Education should be fun. :D
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

I'm torn, I like books. Well, I love books. I don't think that there is any way 3D can make a real book better, but a picture book? I guess.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Just a way to make learning fun.

I saw something similar at SIGGRAPH, there were paddles with symbols on them, a web cam, and a monitor. The software detected the symbol and put a 3D model ontop of the symbol, and move it around, and rotate it in the air, etc. I think it seems like pretty simple technology, as far as the way it works, but I'm sure there is a lot of coding behind it.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Silversurfer »

nubie wrote:I'm torn, I like books. Well, I love books. I don't think that there is any way 3D can make a real book better, but a picture book? I guess.
I guess you haven't read this life changing book then,

"The Diamond Age or, A Young Lady's Illustrated Primer" by Neal Stephenson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diamond_Age

The eBook is awesome & if the paperback was "Smart paper" you would understand the referance to this article...

"Knowledge is but a whisker away".

Hope find a copy to enjoy as much as I have :D & I so wish I was born a 100 years in the future, or then again not...........?
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”