HMD NOT DETECTED (DK1)

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

HMD NOT DETECTED (DK1)

Post by RescueGamer »

Hi all, just downloaded vireio since a lot time without trying (earlier than version 1), but can't get my dk1 detected. I tried cloned and extended display modes for the hmd, also I tried with oculus runtime 4.4 (which detect dk1 in cloned and extended display) and 0.5.0.1(which only detect my dk1 in extended display mode). I'm trying with far cry 3, but nothing, I got an "HMD NOT DETECTED" red message (but with the stereo image, only not head tracking). I run both vireio and far cry 3 as administrator, so don't know what more to do.

Any ideas?

Thanks ind advantage! :)
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: HMD NOT DETECTED (DK1)

Post by DrBeef »

That's curious.. Could you run tracespy and collect a debug log please? That may contain a useful hint as to what the issue might be.
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Post by RescueGamer »

OK I got it working, it was Eset spyware and firewall, I had to desactivate it. But I have another problem now, first I cant complete vrboost scan without crashing, but is ok because the game its looking really good, but the real problem comes with the head tracking, I can calibrate it really well , and works good, but when i move my head faster the head tracking stops until I move my head slower, really strange. Is that normal??
thanks again
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Hi, you really want to get VRBoost scan working, the mouse emulation head tracking is ok as an interim solution, but really it isn't good enough. I have also noticed the fast turns of the head confuse it.

I am surprised you are getting a crash in FC3 with the vrboost scanner, it should be stable. What spec is your machine please?
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Post by RescueGamer »

These are my system specs:

-GPU: Gygabyte GeForce GTX 760 OC rev2.0 2GB
-CPU: i5-3570k
-MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M
-RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 PC3-17000 8GB 2x4GB CL11

Every time I get a success on the vrboost scan it freezes on the next few seconds and then I have to force close the game :S.

Thanks for your effort. If you need something more tell me (i'm from spain so now is late here, but as son as possible I will answer)
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

It's quite odd.. I've not seen it do that. I don't know if it is possible, but if there's some way you could zip up your saved game and send it to me, I could see if it is something about the point in the game you are at that is trouble.
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Post by RescueGamer »

DrBeef wrote:It's quite odd.. I've not seen it do that. I don't know if it is possible, but if there's some way you could zip up your saved game and send it to me, I could see if it is something about the point in the game you are at that is trouble.
Sure! The time I get home I will do it. I think my saved game is right after the end scene in the temple.

So it is possible that if I go away and save the game in another place of the map it works?

One more thing, if this not work, there's no way to fix the mouse emulation? it's really smooth, only have that frustrating problem.

Ah! and very impressive work! the game look made for the rift, really awesome!
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

You could try saving the game elsewhere and see if that sorts it.. but would still be useful for me to see if I can reproduce the issue, VRBoost shouldn't cause the game to crash as it has some safety checks, but it is known to happen.
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Post by RescueGamer »

Ok, so before saving again I will zip my saved game and send it to you as soon i get home.

Thanks again for the info and help!

Return to “Development / General Discussion”