Camera malfunction error

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
alphonse
One Eyed Hopeful

Camera malfunction error

Post by alphonse »

I'm getting the error: “Camera malfunction - Please wait while camera initialises. “ I know other people have posted the same issue but I’ve not been able to fix this problem. The head tracking seems to be working just fine in all axes.
I've tried switching off the positional tracking but this doesn't make it go away. All other Ctrl-Q menu items seem to be working as they should.
Is it possible to add a hotkey to just make the message go away please? There doesn't actually seem to be anything wrong with head tracking and this is stopping me enjoying my games which are perfectly playable in every way.
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Camera malfunction error

Post by DrBeef »

I'll add a timeout to the message, as it is useful in some circumstances, however it persisting for a long time is unnecessary.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Change of plan.. next release (coming very soon) will have a parameter in the config.xml: warn_camera_malfunction, if you set it to:

warn_camera_malfunction="0"

Then you won't get that warning at all.

Similarly you can turn off the warning if you lose positional tracking (or go out of the tracking cone), with the parameter:

warn_positional_lost="0"
alphonse
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by alphonse »

Thanks Dr Beef that would be really helpful. I appreciate I may still have some underlying issue but this is a great workaround for me in the meantime.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”