DIY Rift Perception Resolution

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Bracket
One Eyed Hopeful

DIY Rift Perception Resolution

Post by Bracket »

Hi
My problem is the resolution/aspect ratio of both eyes/pictures in DIY Rift mode. I tried every version of the Vireio Perception and worked the same way.

This is how it should look like.
Screenshot.png
And that's how it looks like.

Apart from the size of the seperate eyes/pictures, I'm worried about the way it is stretched. It makes games less fun to play (I tried Nightmare House 2 and I wasn't able to move around the house because I felt squished and ran into walls).

Is there any setting to make it look normal? It's really hard to aim this way. I also wanted to play War Thunder (try out the dx9 compatible mode) and it is really weird when I move around the camera (tried with tridef SBS and was like: "planes change their shapes, wat!?")

Thank you for every help you provide.
Bracket

@DOWN
Done, the pic is now on forums' hosting instead of google drive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bracket on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: DIY Rift Perception Resolution

Post by cybereality »

I can't see the second image. Can you try uploading it to the forum instead (look for the Upload attachment box below the post)?
Bracket
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bracket »

Anyone knows what I am doing wrong?
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

That squished image looks like SBS-Half for a 3D TV. Do you need a different config setting for a "non-half" HMD?
baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by baggyg »

Which view / render mode are you using?

Generally depending on the lenses / screen you are using you would want to create a custom fx file based upon the distortion it needs. Looking at that photo it looks like it is a side by side mode but with barrel distortion.

I would recommend looking through the fx files in the project to see how they work and then having a new one to represent the parameters of your DIY hmd.

https://github.com/cybereality/Percepti ... ception/fx
Bracket
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bracket »

I use Google Cardboard for my rift. I use DIY Rift render mode. I don't really know what to do with those fx files, but I'll find out, thank you much for your help so far :)

@EDIT
Okay, so the FX files won't give me anything. I tried changning the game's resolution to "ultrawide" screen (2720x768) but the resolution changes back to native when I use Perception.
Any ideas?
Bracket
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bracket »

Alright, got it working with the "Oculus Rift" render mode. Don't really need help anymore.
Thank you all for your help and support, it's good to be part of such a great community ^^

Return to “Development / General Discussion”