Games aren't booting.

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Deviefer
One Eyed Hopeful

Games aren't booting.

Post by Deviefer »

So I just recently got my DK2 and obviously, I had to get perception to play some of my steam games. I ran into a problem, though. When I launch Perception in Administrator mode then try to start a game (L4D and Portal 2 in this case), it launches for maybe half a second then closes, no error messages or anything. I've tried both launching without the DLLs in the main folder and with the DLLs, but the same problem arises. I'm wondering if someone knows where the problem might be?

System specs:
i5 2500k @ 3.3ghz
8gb RAM
Radeon HD 6950 1gb

EDIT: Alright, I got the games to boot. Now, however, the image is really blurry and looks off center. I can't view the menus because they are off the screen and my mouse doesn't line up with where I'm actually clicking. Is there any way to fix this problem? I'm guessing I have to adjust the image somehow.
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Games aren't booting.

Post by DrBeef »

Tried pressing CTRL+R to reset the positional tracking?, that might be causing the menu to be displayed way off the screen
pcreinhold
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pcreinhold »

Hey Deviefer, would you mind writing up how you got past your first issue? I'm stuck with the same problem (games immediately closing with no error messages) on all games I've tried (skyrim, fallout nv, portal 2).
sidewaysmilk
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sidewaysmilk »

I have the same problem. The screen flashes as the game tries to start, but then it crashes. I have to remove the DLLs with VireioDLLInstaller.exe for the games to be able to start again. I've only tried v2.1.2. I've had my DK2 for a day.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Have you created a default user profile in the oculus configuration utility?, if not then it can cause a crash (this will be fixed in the new version).

Return to “Development / General Discussion”