just saw shark boy + lava girl 3d

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

just saw shark boy + lava girl 3d

Post by yuriythebest »

just finished watching shark boy + lava girl 3d on the iz3d.

I have to say at first I even put of watching it cause I assumed it would be but a cheesy kid flick, however I really liked it. the 3d was very nicely done - stereomovies generally don't seem to have that much depth so that newcomers to 3d are not overwhelmed but this one faired quite nicely- a lot of pop out, not too much pop in though. However it was very entertaining and the action scenes were fun and exciting to watch, the only minus I saw was that in a few scenes the characters seemed to float a few inches off the ground- something that would never had been noticed in the 2d version. The story and general message of the movie, while simple really hit it home for me. Do I recommend this movie? yes, most definitely- it's way better than encounters in the 3rd dimensions and misadventures in 3d. Though would I watch the same movie in 2d- never ever.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

Hi Yuiry,

Incidentally, which version of the iz3d media player classic are you using here? I tried a number of videos with 1.02 but never got any to work - it just crashes (granted though this is with the new driver and anaglyph output).
XFX GTX 280 XXX,BFG 7900GTX,Q6600,4gbXMS2,3TB RAID,2xWD Raptors,MountainMods U2-UFO Case,1KW Thermaltake PSU, 3x BenQ MP720p,Full active sim setup inc actuators,shakers,wind,THX sound.CrystalEyes 3,6 wireless ED w/ hipower emitter.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Oh, cool. Maybe I'll check that out once I get my new computer up and running again.

I guess its like Journey to the Center of the Earth: I really liked it in 3D but never would I bother watching it in 2D.
rajkosto
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: just saw shark boy + lava girl 3d

Post by rajkosto »

where did you get it ?
is this it : http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.a ... _id=694622" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
got one for center of the earth ? i want to watch these while my monitor still works
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Gae43 »

That link looks like the anaglyph version. There's a field sequential version out there too. Here's the link....http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... dmovies-20

This is one of my first attempts at conversion..I think I have about five different versions....lol. I like the film...it's fun. If anyone has the field sequential to this how does it compare to the Spy Kids Extreme EDITION? I might have to get it if it looks as nice.

Gae43
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

I saw this movie opening day anaglyph, actually. We are family friends with the family of the actress who plays Lave Girl, so we were obligated.

To be honest, I thought it was terrible. :lol:

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”