Please help with stereoscopic 3d!

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
pleasehelpme
One Eyed Hopeful

Please help with stereoscopic 3d!

Post by pleasehelpme »

I hope this is the right area to post in, i'm new to this website.
I've tried to look around and haven't found the same problem as mine!

I have a computer with GTX 660 Ti's SLI
8gb ram
i7 4th gen
etc etc.

I bought the playstation 3d tv a while ago and am going crazy trying to figure out
how to run my games in 3d on it.
http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answe ... splay-faqs -
^^^^^^3D tv that I purchased^^^^^^^

The 3d playstation tv comes with a built in emitter and 3d glasses.
I've attempted to enable 3d in nvidia controller panel and downloading the newest drivers but my games just don't run in 3d!
The best I can get is if i enable side-by-side 3d mode and set my monitor to side-by-side also. I get a 3dish view but even then
it looks like everything is copied and isn't clear!
Is there some sort of step that i'm missing?
something extra I need to download for this exact screen?
Please help! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Please help with stereoscopic 3d!

Post by cybereality »

I don't think it will work with Nvidia cards. Sorry.

However, you may have luck with a recent AMD card and the TriDef 3D driver.
pleasehelpme
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pleasehelpme »

Seriously? no way I can trick it into working? (don't know too much about 3d or the way it works lol)
Guess I wasted 40$ on 3dtv play

I ain't even mad :shutter
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I think nvidia are still locking out the sony 3d-display because they are doing the same proprietary crap as sony...
Tridef also works with nvidiacards so you may want to try their free trial. Hopefully there is a somewhat suitable option there.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Your other option is to get the TriDef driver and use side-by-side mode.

It will work, but the quality will be less than with HDMI 1.4a 3D.
lnrrgb
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by lnrrgb »

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious, but the thing does work great with the PS3... but yeah, I gave up trying to get it working with my PC equipment. Can't say it won't work though, so who knows:)
pleasehelpme
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pleasehelpme »

Well then, I'm not as angry now lol. So if I were to go and buy a 3d monitor right now
since I already have 2 cards that can run 3d, do I just need to buy the 3d kit? the emitter and glasses?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Like I said, you can get it working with your current equipment, and could probably look alright. With SBS I imagine you can do 1080P split (meaning 960x1080 for each eye stretched) while with HDMI 1.4a you could do 720P (1280x720) for each eye. It's debatable which would look better. This would only cost you the price of the TriDef driver, which is around $40. This may be a good place to start, even if you decide later you want to upgrade.

If you have some more money to spend and want a little better quality you can get a Nvidia certified 120Hz 3D monitor. It has to specifically be a Nvidia 3D monitor, 120Hz TVs or monitors won't automatically work, and neither will many 3DTVs (they will have the same issue as the PS Monitor unless they've been approved by Nvidia). There is a list of supported monitors here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision- ... ments.html . Most of these will be the full 1080P 3D. Nvidia also has an option that works with HDMI 1.4a 3DTVs but they are more limited in support than AMD (check for Nvidia 3DTV Play).

Otherwise you can go with an AMD card, which will work with your current PS monitor but will obviously require you selling you Nvidia GPUs and getting an AMD video card. And the cost of the TriDef driver. However, AMD's HD3D mainly works with HDMI 1.4a compatible equipment (like almost all 3DTVs made in the last few years) but very little PC monitors. If you want strictly a PC monitor, then Nvidia is a better choice. If you want a larger TV sized screen, then AMD could be a better option.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”