Samsung DLP + ELSA Glasses + iZ3D 1.09 Beta Driver RESULTS

ignatius
Two Eyed Hopeful

Samsung DLP + ELSA Glasses + iZ3D 1.09 Beta Driver RESULTS

Post by ignatius »

Hey guys,

I'm not too sure where I should post this but I thought this section would be best.

I decided to thoroughly test out the PC games I have in S3D since I've got it working pretty well now with most of my games using the iZ3D driver. I'm not sure who will find this information useful, but I thought it might be a good idea to post up my experience as well as the bugs I found within the games when using S3D with the iZ3D drivers. At least this way I can confirm that S3D works very well with the setup I'm currently using incase other's have something similar or looking to buy a similar 3D setup.

I should also note that I have to play every game in 1920x1080 mainly because of the way 3D is enabled through the Samsung TV. If I choose any other resolution, my TV/glasses will not be able to read the 3D information. I don't know if this can be fixed through the 3D drivers, but it would be an incredible feature to have. Also, I have yet to finish each of these games in S3D so there may be more things to report down the road. My PC specs can be found on my signature down below.

CRYSIS:

2D Experience: All of the video settings are set to "Very High" with NO AA or Vsync and the game runs pretty smoothly.

3D Experience: Once you enable S3D in this game...your computer will want to shoot itself. There is a GIANT performance hit here. In order to play the game relatively smoothly I had to change my video settings drastically. Some settings were set to "Low", some were "Medium" and some were "High" in order to find the sweet spot where the game had a balance of quality and performance (lag free).

The S3D in this game works pretty well, not as great as some of the other games but you can still have an incredibly immersive experience playing Crysis in 3D. One thing that you greatly benefit from when playing this game in S3D is that you are constantly running through the forests and this really gives you that great sensation of being in the game. This is one of my favorite games on the PC, so playing it in S3D now is too much fun to be had. And Crysis Warhead is just around the corner and I can only hope the S3D works even better in that game.

3D Bugs: There were a number of bugs in this game aside from the huge performance hit.

- Shadows do NOT work, must set this to LOW.
- Motion Blur works, but with a slight performance hit.
- Every time you get hit/damaged, a weird 'visual' glitch occurs for a split second where all of the colors get inverted into a strange color.
- One major bug with the 3D drivers is that when you set your "Shader Quality" to Low or Medium, your entire screen will become 'super BRIGHT!' for some odd reason. Only way to solve this is to put the shader quality to High and the problem will be solved.
- The in-game crosshair works and doesn't work at times. And the built-in 'Laser sight" in the 3D driver helps at times but doesn't perfectly function yet.

S3D Rating: 8/10 (Could be higher if there weren't so many bugs)

CALL OF DUTY 4:

2D Experience: The video settings are all set to MAX, including shadows, Vsync and AA is set to 2x.

3D Experience: Once enabling S3D, there was a bit of a performance hit but not as significant as Crysis. I only had to turn my AA settings off in order to get a similar performance as 2D. For some odd reason, when I turn off Vsync, the game runs a little worse so having that turned on the game ran smoother. The shadows in the game are rendered without a problem, except for a few times you'll notice something odd with the shadows, but I've barely ever noticed it. The in-game crosshair works great in this game as well.

The S3D looks awesome in this game and just like most games that I've experience so far, there are moments when the S3D really helps out a great deal in bringing you into the game. The level 'All Ghillied Up' is a kickass example of really feeling like you are the sniper sneaking through enemy territory, it was a fantastic and fun experience.

3D Bugs: Nothing too major to report here, for the most part this game runs great in S3D!

S3D Rating: 8.5/10

BIOSHOCK:

2D Experience:
Every single video setting is enabled and set to MAX.

3D Experience: ZERO problems that I have encountered so far. I should note that I have only played it in S3D for the first hour and have not encountered a single problem yet. Once you enable S3D, there is NO noticeable performance hit that I can tell. It runs just as smooth as 2D.

This game has one of the best S3D effects compared to most of the games I've played. If just feels much more immersive than other games simply because of the game itself, the suspense, horror, creepy music and sound effects really adds a whole other dimension to the third dimension. Which you can already guess helps out the S3D experience that much more.

3D Bugs: No bugs to report, runs perfect.

S3D Rating: 9/10

GEARS OF WAR:

2D Experience: Runs as smooth as butter with every video setting set to MAX.

3D Experience: Once you enable S3D there is NO noticeable performance hit, just like Bioshock. Must be something to do with the Unreal engine. The in-game crosshair works great. For the most part, this game runs fantastically well in S3D but unlike Bioshock this game does have some minor problems.

But the S3D effect in this game is just as great as Bioshock. You can really feel the depth in this game when you're trying to shoot down the locusts and saw them in half.

3D Bugs:

- Shadows do not render properly.
- Hard to read subtitles at times.

S3D Rating:
8.5/10

Half-Life 2:

2D Experience: Everything set to MAX, runs perfect.

3D Experience: When you start off the game and you enable S3D, there is NO noticeable performance hit, it runs awesome in S3D. The in-game crosshair almost works perfectly. MOST of the game runs brilliantly, that's until you meet your worst enemy...water!

Other than the weird water bug, the game works perfect anywhere else. This is an old classic game I used to play quite a bit when it came out. But playing it in S3D right now, it's like I'm playing it for the first time. The immersive experience really adds a lot to this game. But the S3D is not as good as Bioshock or Call of Duty 4.

3D Bugs:
One MAJOR bug in this game is when you get near water in this game, your computer goes crazy. The performance hit is even worse than Crysis! The only way to play through the water sequences is by turning your Texture and Water Detail down to LOW. It helps but it doesn't rectify the problem completely, just makes it a bit more bearable to play in S3D. This is a very odd bug and hopefully it can be fixed. Because there is a lot of awesome water sequences in this game that would be fun as hell in S3D.

S3D Rating:
7.5/10 (Could be higher without the bugs)

Half-Life 2: Episode Two:

2D Experience: All of the video settings are set to MAX or enabled except for AA which is set to 2x MSAA.

3D Experience: Once enabling S3D, there was no real performance hit. I can play with the exact same video settings as 2D, but of course it's a completely different story when you come by water. One very cool feature in this game is when you are looking at a TV screen within the game talking to the other characters. The other characters in the TV screen are actually being projected in 3D and not just flat 2D shapes. I thought that was pretty cool since it was as if the world within Half-Life 2 were using stereoscopic technology as well and they weren't wearing any glasses either! The overall experience was very similar to Half-Life 2.

3D Bugs: Aside from the known water bug there was another bug in this game. When you turn your flashlight on, the game suddenly turns into lag city. There's no way around this within the game settings so it's all the 3D drivers doing unfortunately.

S3D Rating: 8/10

MASS EFFECT:

2D Experience:
Everything set to MAX, runs perfect.

3D Experience: Once you enable S3D in this game, there is NO performance hit what so ever. This game runs SUPERB! Personally, this game has the BEST S3D out of all of the games I have. Especially when you are fighting, ducking behind cover and running through the levels, the stereoscopic effect works so brilliantly. If this is your type of game, you have to try it out in S3D.

3D Bugs: The only bug that I have encountered so far is that I cannot use 'Dynamic Shadows' it does not render out properly in S3D. This issue is most noticeable when in cut scenes but not as noticeable when in normal game play. The in-game crosshair is not perfect either, but damn close.

S3D Rating:
10/10*

I feel like I could mention a lot more about my experience in S3D with these games and maybe find some more bugs. But at the moment, I have no idea what else I can comment on. If anyone has any suggestions or questions please let me know.

I hope you guys have found this information helpful. But for all the gamers out there with a similar 3D/PC setup you guys have nothing to worry about. The S3D experience is fantastic and using the iZ3D is close to plug-n-play. I do have some recommendations that would be nice to have with the 3D drivers that I think would be very handy and to make the initial S3D setup much more user-friendly. But I'll post that up another time. Anyway, thanks for reading through this giant post I hope you guys found it interesting.

Cheers,
Varinder
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

thanks for this nice in depth review. Will have to play mass effect sometime :) (in s3d of course on my iz3d)
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
rmcclelland
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

DLP and iZ3D... how?

Post by rmcclelland »

I thought the iZ3D drivers were just for their monitors. How does the iz3D driver know to output checkerboard? Is the driver free to download? Can you be more specific about what you had to do to get this working? I have a Samsun DLP working with edimensional glasses and the tridef drivers, which are somewhat limited.

Thanks,
Ryan
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, Ryan!

You missed so many interesting things :-) Yes, we supported almost all 3d devices including Samsung 3D DLP and 3D Plasma - it is 30 days free trial and then about 49 USD one time payment - download iZ3D 1.09 beta 2 to test it yourself.

Good luck!
turls
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by turls »

I really appreciate this post as I have a setup similar to you. However, I'm kind of waiting on nVidia's solution now that I see it on the horizon. I was on the fence for TriDef but am glad I held off for now. I'm been messing around with 3D for over 10 years and don't want another proprietary solution that nVidia will just break down the road. Do you think there is a chance that any of this is related to Vista x64? Right now, neither TriDef or nVidia are claiming x64 compatibility, so I guess iZ3D is the only game in town--but if x64 is more buggy than x86, I'm willing to dual-boot on my HTPC since I have a copy of Vista Ultimate x86 ready to install.

Please update your experiences as the drivers mature. . .
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, turls!

Most 32-bit games works fine with iZ3D driver under 64-bit environment. You can check it your self in anaglyph mode - if it works fine with anaglyph it works also fro Samsung - core of driver is the same - only different outputs
rmcclelland

Post by rmcclelland »

I can confirm the iZ3D drivers work well for 32 bit games in Vista 64.

As far as in-game crosshairs... in COD and most games, the crosshair issue makes the game unplayable. If you are using decent separation, the crosshair points to two different places depending on which eye you close. I think iron sights or laser sights (drawn at the depth of the object you are aiming at) are the only real solution.

Thanks,
Ryan
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, rmcclelland!

WE have lasersight - you can turn it on in Control Center. You can also try to use different position for cross hiar (left shifted, right shifted and center) - it may help.
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

wow! this is so exciting, I just got a Samsung A750 DLP 3D tv, and was wondering how to set it up for 3D, and I found this post!

1st of all thanks so much for sharing your experience :P , just have a few questions:

~I am from Canada, & I don't know where to get thoes 3D glasses, & I found this: http://i-glassesonline.stores.yahoo.net ... -1set.html for $74.25
would this work with IZ3D driver? Or do I need to get the ED glasses or the ELSA glasses you are using? Is there a big difference from the DLP 3D glasses??

~So does this this IZ3D driver works better than the TriDef drivers I saw in other threads? I heard there are some slow down in fps in Tridef driver

~have anyone tried using the Nvidia driver? How well does it work? (I read something about hacking the registry for the Nvidia driver for Windows XP)

I can't wait to play Bioshock, Gears of Wars in 3D! :lol:
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

johnoliver wrote:wow! this is so exciting, I just got a Samsung A750 DLP 3D tv, and was wondering how to set it up for 3D, and I found this post!

1st of all thanks so much for sharing your experience :P , just have a few questions:

~I am from Canada, & I don't know where to get thoes 3D glasses, & I found this: http://i-glassesonline.stores.yahoo.net ... -1set.html for $74.25
would this work with IZ3D driver? Or do I need to get the ED glasses or the ELSA glasses you are using? Is there a big difference from the DLP 3D glasses??

~So does this this IZ3D driver works better than the TriDef drivers I saw in other threads? I heard there are some slow down in fps in Tridef driver

~have anyone tried using the Nvidia driver? How well does it work? (I read something about hacking the registry for the Nvidia driver for Windows XP)

I can't wait to play Bioshock, Gears of Wars in 3D! :lol:

tridef drivers are made on a per-game basis and each of their 'drivers' costs money. However it's possible to use some of them for more than one game if you have the know-how.

nvidia decided to discontinue support for regular shutterglasses in favor of their proprietary ones that work with select screens. Old drivers work only up to nvidia 7900 and also with a hack 8800gts.
once you get your glasses you can try out the iz3d drivers for 30 days- they work with all video cards.
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

hi yuriythebest,
Thanks for the fast reply, so I guess I will just go ahead order for this set? http://i-glassesonline.stores.yahoo.net ... -1set.html

Or should I order the ED glasses or ELSA ones instead?

And I my vieo card is Nvidia 7600 with 512mb....so I guess I can still try the old nVidia drivers without hacking?
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I think you can use all 3 drivers :)

You'd need to hack NV drivers, since the don't have checkerboard normally, but only interlaced or interleaved.
Iz3D should work fine. It has checkerboard support in the latest betas with 30 days of free trial.

Good luck at finding the best driver for cheap.
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

Hi,
Thanks so much, so the types of glasses won't matter?
ignatius
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ignatius »

Hey guys, I'm really glad a lot of you guys have found this post interesting. I'm sorry i haven't been able to reply back to some of you but thankfully a number of forum members in here answered your questions. I've been fairly busy lately working on a pretty big 3D project, can't wait to show you guys when it's finished. It relates to both video gamers and movie-goers :)

To Johnoliver, the link you posted in one of your messages should work just great with your DLP tv. They look to be almost identical to the ones I have and wrote the entire review with. And just for your info i have the "Samsung 56" HL-T5687S" model. I'm sure our tv's are almost identical as well.

I had purchased mine from here, http://www.berezin.com/3d/samsung3d.htm back in April. But from the looks of it the i-o display system's 3d glasses seem to be quite a bit cheaper and this is just my assumption but i'm sure the both glasses would produce similar results. I would personally go for the i-o 3D glasses.

The tridef drivers in my opinion aren't very good at all I wouldn't suggest bothering with them, especially compared to IZ3D's drivers which work INCREDIBLY well. Like a number of members in here have already mentioned, you can download the latest iz3d beta drivers for free that have 'checkerboard' format that you NEED in order to get 3D to work on our dlp tv's. If you like the drivers enough, you can purchase them whenever iz3d will be releasing the official version.

But I should mention that if you haven't been keeping up with the latest news on the 3D stereoscopic front. Nvidia will be releasing new 3D stereo drivers PLUS new 3D shutter glasses that work with our dlp tv's later this year in Nov-Dec. I'm personally waiting to see how well these will work before i purchase my next set of shutter glasses.

I'm from Canada as well and when i was first scouting around for 3D glasses i came across this place. http://www.cwonline.com/store/view_category.asp which is located in Ontario. However, they weren't selling the 3D DLP glasses like the ones from berezin or i-o systems any longer. But they do have "CrystalEyes" shutter glasses which i believe work with our dlp tv's (not 100% sure though) and from what i've heard they display 3D much better compared to the ones at berezin and i-o. But, it comes at a price as these "CrystalEyes" are quite expensive.

Anyway, I hope you found that helpful, good luck with everything and I hope you start gaming or watching movies in 3D soon :)

Cheers,
Varinder
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

Hi ignatius/Varinder,

Thanks for the detailed reply! I still can't believe how much 3D has improved over the year...remember a few years ago, I was playing with HMD but ended up giving up on it :oops:
~and incidently the new Samsung TV I just purchased...has a 3D function! :P

I found this which is the news on the Nvidia possible release of their new SG bundle for our DLP tv:
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/featur ... gle_gamble

>>it looks really promising, I think I will probally wait for this(crossing my fingers the price could be around $100)...the Crystaleyes sounds pretty good, but I don't know if I can justify the spending on it 750$ for just the glasses...plus, its IR transmitter alone cost like $200 (they do work with DLP tv, they mentioined it here http://www.reald-corporate.com/scientif ... aleyes.asp)

btw, after some research...I saw this http://www.xforce3d.com/product.shtml
>>heard it's the same model as the AE2000, review >>http://www.stereo3d.com./aeye2000.htm (there are some pictures of its cables...do you think it would work on the DLP tv?)
10$+shipping to Canada is total of 24$ (the price is HOT :shock: )~ maybe I should give this a shot before the Nvidia's release
CarlKenner

Post by CarlKenner »

The XForce3D glasses need a VGA port and a PS2 port. Or you might be able to skip that part and just use a round plug that it has, or you might be able to skip that part too and just use a headphone plug (but you would need a long headphone wire with a male plug at each end). I don't know what plugs you TV has.
Copy this code to clipboard: 0o1rp5zk then go to http://mtbs3d.com/naw to register. Use the code for $5000 startup bonus, and to support Gaza.
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

according to the the samsung site:

Configuring 3D

1. Connect the 3D IR Transmitter to the 3D SYNC OUT jack on your TV.
2. Connect a HDMI/DVI cable between the HDMI IN jack on your TV and the DVI OUT jack on a PC.

* connect the PC to the HDMI 3/DVI IN (75 series: HDMI 1/DVI IN) jack only.
* the 3-D IR Transmitter must be connected to the TV's 3-D Sync Port
* the 3D IR Transmitter and 3D glasses communicate with each other. Accordingly, the 3-D IR Transmitter should be located near the 3D glasses.

~so I think there is a 3-D Sync Port on the TV, & the computer connect to TV via DVI/HDMI, not VGA :roll:
GPU: nVIDIA 8800GT 512MB
PSU: Corsair 550W
RAM: 2GB
CPU: Intel Core 2, 2.13 GHz
Display: 61'' Samsung 3D-Ready LED DLP TV (HL61A750) + 22'' Samsung 2233rz for PC
Glasses: Nvidia 3D Vision kit
CarlKenner

Post by CarlKenner »

Well, what does this 3D sync port look like?
Copy this code to clipboard: 0o1rp5zk then go to http://mtbs3d.com/naw to register. Use the code for $5000 startup bonus, and to support Gaza.
Okta

Post by Okta »

I had a look at the 42 and 50 inch Samsung 450 series plasma 3d ready tv's and the 3d out port looked to be the typical 3 pin ps2 sized plug. Possibly the xforce glasses could go straight in there without the vga adaptor.
CarlKenner

Post by CarlKenner »

I think the XForce3D glasses would fit that port without needing a VGA or PS2 port.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Is there a parot in the house? Lol J/k :lol:
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

Thanks guys! I think I will order one of this and see how it works (hope its cable is long enough) :roll:

And hopefully Nvidia will release their set before Xmas :)
Display: 61'' Samsung 3D-Ready LED DLP TV (HL61A750) + 22'' Samsung 2233rz for PC
Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

Anyone else running samsung DLP's have problems with overscan. My tv to PC connection crops fine in 1920x1080. Then when I turn on 3d Mode in the TV setup i loose about 2 inches of screen on all 4 sides. Anyone found a remedy for this?

I have tested IZ3D with Warhammer, WoW, and Crysis both are far superior to the Tridef drivers that i originally purchased. Havn't had time to test the newest release, but I will soon. I'm thinking about buying Mass Effect because of all the good reviews.
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

Killigath wrote:Anyone else running samsung DLP's have problems with overscan. My tv to PC connection crops fine in 1920x1080. Then when I turn on 3d Mode in the TV setup i loose about 2 inches of screen on all 4 sides. Anyone found a remedy for this?

I have tested IZ3D with Warhammer, WoW, and Crysis both are far superior to the Tridef drivers that i originally purchased. Havn't had time to test the newest release, but I will soon. I'm thinking about buying Mass Effect because of all the good reviews.
thx killigath~ I believe this DLP tv always have overscan problem with PC connection no matter if your are using the 3D mode or not, you might be able to adjust it slightly by slightly bending the side of your TV....it's weird, but you will see the screen move :shock: (I believe it's a geometery issue with the nature of the TV....some people got less of this problem but some people got more)

my set has some overscan too, but it's totally bearable in my opinion...considering the size (61 inch) of the tv and the price I paid for it when I could only get a 46-50 inch LCD tv at the time of purchase.

anyway...i got off the topic...so just wondering you menioned you purchased the DDD set, are you still using its 3D DLP glasses? How well does it work compare to other brand's 3D shutter glasses??

thx

Jackie
Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

That's the thing. I have no over scan in non-3d mode, but 3d has the issue. I originally had over scan and then changed the scaling options in nvidia driver. I agree, the over scan is bearable, but annoying in certain games that have non-movable interfaces at the bottom of the screen.
so just wondering you mentioned you purchased the DDD set, are you still using its 3D DLP glasses? How well does it work compare to other brand's 3D shutter glasses??
Yep, I sure am. I bought the DDD starter kit (software,dongle,2glasses) and 2 extra sets of glasses. They work fine with IZ3D drivers.
The glasses aren't the most comfortable, but they work and fit over my glasses. I can't really compare them to other brands, as they are the only brand I've ever owned. If you have any specific questions fire away.

I'll probably get a new nvidia card and glasses when they are released. I love DLP, but to me its more for movies. I need a desktop monitor for games. I've decided to save my money up and get either an IZ3D 28" or a Viewsonic 120hz when they are released.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

Killigath wrote:I'll probably get a new nvidia card and glasses when they are released. I love DLP, but to me its more for movies. I need a desktop monitor for games. I've decided to save my money up and get either an IZ3D 28" or a Viewsonic 120hz when they are released.
iZ3D new monitor will be a 26", not 28". The Viewsonic 120Hz prototype that was shown was a 22".
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

Ah. 26 is fine by me :)
Still torn between IZ3D or shutter. Perhaps I will own both :twisted:
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Killigath wrote:Ah. 26 is fine by me :)
Still torn between IZ3D or shutter. Perhaps I will own both :twisted:
you might be encouraged by this topic:
http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=230&start=45
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

thanks Killigath, I think I will order the Xeforce (AE2000) glasses and give it a shot 1st...since it's really cheap, if it doesn't work, then I will order the DDD glasses. :roll:

Now hearing all these info, I am kinda interested in the IZ3D monitor & its glasses.
~If anyone own a IZ3D monitor and the 3D DLP, or have tried both, I would really love to hear some comparision between the two. =)
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

Killigath wrote:That's the thing. I have no over scan in non-3d mode, but 3d has the issue. I originally had over scan and then changed the scaling options in nvidia driver. I agree, the over scan is bearable, but annoying in certain games that have non-movable interfaces at the bottom of the screen.

Yep, I sure am. I bought the DDD starter kit (software,dongle,2glasses) and 2 extra sets of glasses. They work fine with IZ3D drivers.
The glasses aren't the most comfortable, but they work and fit over my glasses. I can't really compare them to other brands, as they are the only brand I've ever owned. If you have any specific questions fire away.

I'll probably get a new nvidia card and glasses when they are released. I love DLP, but to me its more for movies. I need a desktop monitor for games. I've decided to save my money up and get either an IZ3D 28" or a Viewsonic 120hz when they are released.
Yes, I used it to watch HD movie on my computer most of time, with my pc set to 1080p relolution. Btw, have you tried any 3D movie on PC with any success?? Any HD title avaliable?
(is it possible to view any 3D CG anime movies in S-3D on the DLP? Like Final Fantasy 7, Ghost in the Shell, or something like Ratatouille ? :roll: )

Tried the xbox360 on it and looks amazing too(no scanning issue with console system tho :shock: ), now I am just a bit struggle weather I should get the same game title for the xbox360 or PC for S-3D purpose.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

johnoliver wrote: Yes, I used it to watch HD movie on my computer most of time, with my pc set to 1080p relolution. Btw, have you tried any 3D movie on PC with any success?? Any HD title avaliable?
(is it possible to view any 3D CG anime movies in S-3D on the DLP? Like Final Fantasy 7, Ghost in the Shell, or something like Ratatouille ? :roll: )
wait what?? those are released in S3d!!! me want!!! Can only imagine what the Major in GITS will look like in 3d, oh and them tachikomas...
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

yuriythebest wrote:
johnoliver wrote: Yes, I used it to watch HD movie on my computer most of time, with my pc set to 1080p relolution. Btw, have you tried any 3D movie on PC with any success?? Any HD title avaliable?
wait what?? those are released in S3d!!! me want!!! Can only imagine what the Major in GITS will look like in 3d, oh and them tachikomas...
sorry if I confused you, I meant thoes movies are 3D CG animation....and just wondering if I can watch them in S-3D on my DLP :roll:
Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

johnoliver wrote:
yuriythebest wrote:
sorry if I confused you, I meant thoes movies are 3D CG animation....and just wondering if I can watch them in S-3D on my DLP :roll:
Unfortunately, no.
All movies must be encoded in 3D for you to view them in 3D, even CG "3D" movies. That is one reason why we say S-3D movies here at MTBS3D. Because alot of people confuse 3D movies with S-3D movies, they are very different. There are certain companies that advertise watching any 2D movie in S-3D, but as to my experiences none of them work as advertised. Perhaps one day they will.

You can purchase Stereoscopic 3D IMAX movies from Amazon.com and a handfull of others. Just make sure they are field sequential and not Sensio format.

Here is a decent list http://www.3dmovielist.com/3ddvds.html
There are also some at: http://www.underground3dmovies.com/index.htm
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

that's what I thought too...I guess I will just use it for gaming then :cry:

for these field sequential 3d movie, do I just play it use my computer and hook up to DLP tv? Do I need any special player to be able to play the dvd??
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

johnoliver wrote:that's what I thought too...I guess I will just use it for gaming then :cry:

for these field sequential 3d movie, do I just play it use my computer and hook up to DLP tv? Do I need any special player to be able to play the dvd??
for DLP tv's you can use either stereoscopic player and also I think TriDef has a stereoscopic player.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”