Top Five Quick Oculus Demos

Love it or Lump it - post your feedback to individual blog posts on mtbs3D.com
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Top Five Quick Oculus Demos

Post by Neil »

Introduction

We often find ourselves taking the rift somewhere to give demos to people. During these times the question always presents itself: What games and experiences should I demo? In my mind, there are five key factors to look for when deciding if an experience would make a good demo: Are the controls simple and quick to pick up, is the game or experience relatively short (under ten or fifteen minutes), does it leave the camera alone, and is it a comfortable overall VR experience? In essence, it needs to be quick, easy to understand, and not cause VR sickness. With that said, here are my top five game demo recommendations...

Read full article...
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Top Five Quick Oculus Demos

Post by Likay »

Rift Racer - Ramping up to an obstacle to end up high in the sky until falling to and impact the ground has to be experienced.
Proton pulse demo - Simply great!
Parrot coaster - Great speed with loops etc. Very simple graphic but it's still one of my faves to demo.
Birds OCR - Flying around with huge birdlike creatures. Sometimes you fly through walls but it's ok anyway.
Undercurrent and Oceanrift - Because i adore the underwater environment. The one with the evil shark is my nieces (6 years old) absolute favourite. :o

Scary ones are Tales From The Rift and Alone in the rift. Not really my mug of tea.

I need to say that i am far from testing all the demos available out there.

Oh! I forgot HL2! That's a definite!!!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
brantlew
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Top Five Quick Oculus Demos

Post by brantlew »

- I always start with Tuscany for a quick introduction - hardcoded to startup on the balcony. I have one of the trees moved a couple of meters so that the branches reach right over the railing. The leaves are insanely interesting with the DK2 and positional tracking. I've sat there just moving my head amongst the leaves for 20 minutes before.

- Dumpy is next. My favorite showcase for the Rift. Zero explanation necessary. Guaranteed to elicit goofy fun.

- Titans of Space comes next.

- Finally Google Street Viewer.

Return to “MTBS Editorial User Remarks”