Logitech G940 swapping axis.

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
Megatherion
One Eyed Hopeful

Logitech G940 swapping axis.

Post by Megatherion »

I am looking for a way to swap the rudder pedal axis with the ministick y axis on my logitech g940 flight system. The joystick, throttle quadrant and rudder pedals are recognizes by windows as three separate devices in ID#1,2,3. There are many games that only recognize inputs from ID#1, and they usually have the throttle set to the ministick y axis and the roll (rudder) set to the trim 1 wheel.

Is freepie able to remap axis from ID#2/ID#3 to axis on ID#1? I am a complete noob to freepie and this type of programming, so any detailed instructions/examples/tutorials would be greatly appreciated.

I am aware of a utility called PPJOY, but do not want to use it because of the unsigned drivers/window 7 test mode setup it uses.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Logitech G940 swapping axis.

Post by CyberVillain »

Hi, you could use FreePIE read the values and then send them to vJoy which has a signed driver
Megatherion
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Megatherion »

Thank you for the reply and the Vjoy suggestion. Like I previously mentioned, I am a noob to programming/using FreePIE, any suggestions an how I would go about using it to get my desired results, or any instructions/examples/tutorials I could use to learn how to do this?
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

It would be something like

Code: Select all

vJoy[0].x = joystick[0].sliders[0]
Download vJoy and test with their built in software first. Then try to find the values from your logitech in FreePIE

do it like

Code: Select all

if starting:
	index = 0

diagnostics.watch(joystick[index].sliders[0])
When you have found the index in freepie and the correct axis (sliders, x, y, zRotation etc)

Feedthat to vJoy
Megatherion
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Megatherion »

Thank you very much for your help, I will try it.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

CyberVillains suggestion is the best, since FreePIE is newer and supported.

If you can't get it to go however using FreePIE, then you can always use PPJoy to do the same thing. There is a hack of PPJoy that allows you to force it into ID#1 - not sure if vJoy has this feature or not?

If you dont wish to use the patch with PPJoy, you can force your virtual joystick into position #1 by removing all joysticks except the virtual one, then after the game is loaded, connecting your other sticks.

Return to “FreePIE”