format type of 3d movie

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
febrian_kurnia
One Eyed Hopeful

format type of 3d movie

Post by febrian_kurnia »

i'm using passive polarized setup for my 3d
when i'm playing the dvd 3d shark island, i can see the 3d effect, but when playing haunted castle by imax i didn't see the 3d effect.

is there any different format that can cause that??
what the different between 3D -DVD and S3D-DVD?

what type of 3D dvd that suitable for passive polarized setup
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi!

movies come with different formats. for example:

anaglyph
checkerboard
side by side
interlaced
over under
side by side reversed
over under reverded
interlaced reversed
sensio

you have to tell the program what kind of 3D it is using. so if for example the first movie is side by side, and you use the same setting for hounted castle it wont work, since if i dotn remember wrong hounted castle is interlaced.

do you have the dvd or dvx?

s3d cold stand for stereoscopic 3D or for sensio 3d. if it is sensio then you need a 3dtv player license.

some dvds have the 2D version of the movie on it too.. so yo have to be sure that youre playing the correct one.
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

febrian_kurnia
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by febrian_kurnia »

how to identify whether a 3d movie is one of these format
anaglyph
checkerboard
side by side
interlaced
over under
side by side reversed
over under reverded
interlaced reversed
sensio
?

and is it possible to use any dvd movie, using the 3dtv and polarized setup, to get the 3d effect?

one more question have u ever use this software? 3DPlus 2D to 3D DVD Software
they said can change 2d format to 3d format, is it means all the movie i can convert to 3d?

please, i need ur advice
thanks
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

By checking specs of the movies at first. On the other hand you can use your eyes and for example vlc (maybe not sensioformat).

Anaglyph: Red/cyan thingy.
Checkerboard: L/R pixels are aligned in a frame in a checkerboard pattern (White-left pixel, black-right pixel). Not sure how it looks (depends on resolution) but it may give an interlaced sort of picture or simply just shows as double.
Side by side: L/R images lies side by side. You see two frames besides each other.
Interlaced: The L/R data is alternated in horisontal lines. You see picturedoubling with distinct horisontal interlaced lines.
Over/under: L/R images lies in over/under formation: You'll see one image on top of the other one.
Reversed: L and R frames are shifted regardless of over/under or whatever... Hit f7 in stereoscopic player to shift images.
Sensio: This is a compression method of stereoscopic dvd's. I don't know how it looks in an ordinary player though.
HQFS: High quality frame sequential data. The frames are alternated (L/R/L/R/L/R...) to suit shutterglasses. You can clearly see flickering when watching these in an ordinary player. I'm not sure what to choose in the stereoscopic player for this, if it's even supported.

Play your haunted castle dvd with vlc-player and see if the result suits in one of the above descriptions. If you

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”