TOTAL NOOB QUESTION ON DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
kyleskinner4D
One Eyed Hopeful

TOTAL NOOB QUESTION ON DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL

Post by kyleskinner4D »

Ok so I've followed the 'getting started' guide on downloading "Vireio Perception 2.0" for use with the oculus rift. (http://www.mtbs3d.com/index.php?option= ... y&catid=17)

It mentioned that there were 2 separate files that needed to be extracted unto the same location so after downloading all 3 in the list (link above) I noticed they each had the same folder names which means they obviously can't be extracted to the same location unless I change one (which I feel might stuff things up). I assume I only need one of these??

Anyway, I have extracted both separately and together to see what happens but in both cases I was unable to run the file bin/perception.exe it says there is a file missing called hijackdll. Has anyone else had this problem or is it an issue with my pc?

Thanks for the help!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: TOTAL NOOB QUESTION ON DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL

Post by cybereality »

Did you try right-clicking and running as admin?
kyleskinner4D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kyleskinner4D »

Yeah tried but no luck.
Although now it it says MSVCR100.dll is missing instead for some reason :?

Do you know if I need to download just the one zip file or multiple?

Thanks
virror
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by virror »

As you can see they are all different versions of the same software, so you only need the latest one (2.0.0.2).
kyleskinner4D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kyleskinner4D »

Thanks! I finally got it working after downloading and installing the UDK from the oculus website which had a .NET Framework update attached. I think that's what was missing after all. Happy gaming!

Return to “Development / General Discussion”