Kingdom Come @ Kickstarter

FR3D
Cross Eyed!

Kingdom Come @ Kickstarter

Post by FR3D »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... e?ref=live

they promise to support the oculus rift ...

best regards FR3D
best regards FR3D
Octo
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Kingdom Come @ Kickstarter

Post by Octo »

"Cryengine supports Oculus Rift by default, so general answer is: yes. We plan to support this awesome hardware gadget."

Doesn't sound like a promise to me, but i hope they do have the Rift in mind during development.
Kazioo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kazioo »

Oculus Rift captured the imagination of many players and you ask about it very often. Cryengine supports Oculus Rift by default, however we realize that the game has to be developed with Oculus in mind and we are aware of their recommended Best Practices. We shall try to stick to these recommendations, but VR is still an uncharted territory and we can’t guarantee ideal results from get go. To create horse riding experience that won’t give you motion sickness looks like a real challenge.
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

Sounds like they're feeling pressured into thinking about it a bit more. That's good. The initial tiny quote (in the FAQ) was more along the lines of:

"Um, Oculus Rift? I think I heard about that. It looks like unreal engine has a tickbox to enable it, so sure, why the hell not"

I've decided not to back this one (despite it looking amazing), purely because by that time next year I anticipate it's likely I'll only be interested in the best VR experiences. I'll let the game prove it before putting my money down.
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.
remosito
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by remosito »

Kazioo wrote:
Oculus Rift captured the imagination of many players and you ask about it very often. Cryengine supports Oculus Rift by default, however we realize that the game has to be developed with Oculus in mind and we are aware of their recommended Best Practices. We shall try to stick to these recommendations, but VR is still an uncharted territory and we can’t guarantee ideal results from get go. To create horse riding experience that won’t give you motion sickness looks like a real challenge.
Thanks for posting that OR update!

I initially did not back them because it looked so much like they really don't get what it takes.

This sounds way better. Trying hard is good enough for me. And I'll take an honest answer over empty mighty promises any day.
Starcitizen - Elite:Dangerous - Xing - Gallery: Six Elements - Among the sleep - Theme Park Studio - The Stomping Land - Son of Nor - Obduction - NOWHERE - Kindom Come : Deliverance - Home Sick - prioVR
FR3D
Cross Eyed!

Post by FR3D »

I backed - the cryengine is great, the previews are looking well, the combat is promised to be better than skyrim ...
and the world is big
and the alpha version will be released in 6 month !!!

i ordered the sword ("wenzel der faule")
http://www.lutel-handicraft.com/?p=prod ... =25&page=1

best regards FR3D
best regards FR3D

Return to “Oculus VR”