YEI Sensor Mouse HID

Discussion of tools and products that add VR physicality. Samples include VR treadmills, special hand controllers, gesture technology and more.
TheVividLight
One Eyed Hopeful

YEI Sensor Mouse HID

Post by TheVividLight »

Hey all,

I finally received a YEI sensor the other day and have been trying to get it working as a full 360 degree pointing device for independent weapon tracking. I realize there is a freepie thread going on in the forums already, but since firmware versions and suite changes have now changed from the YEI end, I believe that most of the code is now defunct? I wanted to see if anyone else has had any experiences recently implementing the YEI tracker without using FreePie.

The suite now includes a Mouse HID/Joystick HID function which seems to work pretty well -- the only caveat being that once you look away from your initial tare position (such as when you have a oculus or other HMD on) the mouse jumps very sporadically. YEI support has stated that you need 2 trackers or to have a full 360 degree pointing device (2nd tracker attached to head or chest).

Has anyone had any luck doing this with only one sensor? I feel like there has to be a way to implement a 360 degree tracker around one of the 3 axis(s) with the other two being your up/down movement on the screen. So far I love the dang thing, and ive found more uses for it than I initially intended to :)
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Re: YEI Sensor Mouse HID

Post by CyberVillain »

It has? I haven't heard any reports from our users that latest Yei firmware does not work with FreePIE
TheVividLight
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: YEI Sensor Mouse HID

Post by TheVividLight »

My lack of ability to make simple scripts is astounding -- I was trying to make it 100x more complicated than it had to be... Contrary to YEI support, you don't need two trackers to make a 360 degree mouse (though I assume you might if you aren't using freepie) :) Though they did give me code to use trackers in unison for a very very accurate mouse w/ no need to tare manually and were overly helpful.

Another MTBS forum user (who also happens to work for YEI) posted some of his current work a week or so ago and now this topic is not relevant! could a mod please delete?

Return to “Physical VR Tools”