"I could walk around .. altered state of consciousness."

blazespinnaker
Certif-Eyed!

"I could walk around .. altered state of consciousness."

Post by blazespinnaker »

"it was many experiments. I could walk around an area freely and felt like was in an altered state of consciousness."

https://twitter.com/TheDavidHensley/sta ... 1171426304

Valve's HMD sounds great. Where do I sign up!
Gear VR: Maybe OVR isn't so evil after all!
blazespinnaker
Certif-Eyed!

Re: "I could walk around .. altered state of consciousness."

Post by blazespinnaker »

I suspect it's really just a 360 / more positional tracking version of Crystal Cove, maybe higher rez and with a very long cable.

That's all it needs to be. Once you start walking around it's a very very wild experience.
blazespinnaker
Certif-Eyed!

Post by blazespinnaker »

"I’m signed up to see the valve vr hardware. It’s behind a black curtain so no one can see it. Everyone who has tried it says it is mindblowing and blows crystal cove away. They need to call me to let me know when I can see it, so I need to save my phone’s battery. So no posts for a bit until then. Be back with impressions!"

http://thesonicreblog.com/valve-vr/
remosito
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by remosito »

one twitter said it's dual screen. FoV similar to DK1, which seems weird...

s4 based Valve prototype Carmack mentioned? using higher magnification round lenses? Resulting in a lot of wasted pixels?
Any other way there would be either more hFoV or less vFoV imo.

No interactivity!

Kinda strange. For a demo dubbed VR in 1-2 years I would have expected at least hand tracking and a data glove allowing to pick up stuff.

(this is all complaining on a very high level as we say here)
Starcitizen - Elite:Dangerous - Xing - Gallery: Six Elements - Among the sleep - Theme Park Studio - The Stomping Land - Son of Nor - Obduction - NOWHERE - Kindom Come : Deliverance - Home Sick - prioVR
colocolo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by colocolo »

Nice, can't wait to hear about it.
Concerning walking. I think i have found a way how to dramatically reduce construction effort for a ODT like the Virtualizer.
I am waiting right now that the impregnation on my floor is drying. I have impregnated a small part of the floor to slide around on it. Here's the other nice thing about construction.
I will make a light wooden ring which will be fixed with a wooden beam to the wall in a distance of about 40 centimeters.
I will put a joint somewhere in the beam so that i can tip it up against the wall.
To reject from the ring i will bend cushions to my front and back so that my body gets more round shape.
This way i will be able to reject from the ring.
The materials involved in it should cost like 20$. If you have a carpet installed you can buy a packet of
parquet glue it together cut a circle or not and impregnate it.
A ODT to store away with one arm movement. (with a cupboard installed on it would be even more elegant)
To crouch one would have to construct a rail fixed to the wall on which the ring with beam could gilde up and down and some kind of inversed Omni harness so that the ring won't fall down like a hula hoop.

Return to “Oculus VR”