YEI 3-Space as a Gaming Input Device

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Billhelm
One Eyed Hopeful

YEI 3-Space as a Gaming Input Device

Post by Billhelm »

Hi all,

I've been fascinated by VR for many years, but have only recently had the opportunity to experience it firsthand. I have purchased an Oculus Rift Developer's kit, a Razer Hydra, and a YEI 3-Space sensor. I've been quite impressed by all three. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about how everything works, but there's quite a learning curve in some areas, and I've not been able to find a lot of documentation geared towards the newcomer.

What I'd really like to do is to use my YEI 3-Space sensor to control weapon aiming in FPS games. I am specifically interested in RiftQuake2, and Source-based games, as the 'look' and 'aim' functions have already been separated in these. Is it possible to use the 3-Space in absolute mode without modifying the games? If so, would I emulate a joystick or mouse?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: YEI 3-Space as a Gaming Input Device

Post by cybereality »

You may want to check out FreePIE. I believe it supports YEI.
Billhelm
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: YEI 3-Space as a Gaming Input Device

Post by Billhelm »

Thanks for the reply. I've looked into FreePIE, and it looks like it might be able to do what I'd like to do, but I have almost zero programming experience. I've found script examples, but none for the 3-Space, and I have also been lead to believe that the syntax has changed, and the example scripts are now outdated. I have experience with GlovePIE, but it allows script creation via the GUI.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”