Warning to ANYONE who wants to purchase a VGA 3D Vision Proj

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Warning to ANYONE who wants to purchase a VGA 3D Vision Proj

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hey All,

I am here to Warn anybody and hopefully we can get the word out and whomever is responsible for this oversight can possibly correct this Problem..

I had ordered 3 used Acer X1261P NVidia Certified DLP 3D PRojectors and found out the hard was that it is IMPOSSIBLE to Connect to a 6xx series and newer Video cards by Any Manufacturer..

The Problem is the newer video cards been replacing the DVI-I with a DVI-D connector.. The "I" designation makes it BOTH Analog and digital.. The "D" Designation is Digital and if you know anything about this you can NOT USe a Digital signal into an analog one..

Well you say why not use a adapter Sorry they do NOT work. well you say why not use an Active Converter one small problem with that as well is ALL the Converters I found ONLY Pass 60hz and as we all know 3D needs 120hz..

So there is ONLY 2 Solutions and here they are:

1. With the newer 6xx, 7xx series card is to TRI SLI..
2. Use an older 5xx series or below card ie,, 590GTX or 2 580GTX. they have the required ports still

Now I do NOT know who is responsible for this but I can ONLY think NVidia is Totally responsible for this Oversight.. I know they have to Certify all the 3D Equipment and I am unsre how they expect people to connect these VGA (Analog PRojectors with Digital Outputs??

So this is a warning and the Fix for the Analog Projectors.. IF you need any clarification Please post here and I can give you the Facts which all I can currently think of are here..

The NVidia configuration wizard is WRONG.. IT stated I could use the DVI ports and the Display port which the 1 DVI port is impossible to connect too..

I wish I could have 10 minutes with the Head Guy who certifies all the equipment and show them this oversight..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Warning to ANYONE who wants to purchase a VGA 3D Vision

Post by cybereality »

Too bad.

Though, to be fair, analog is legacy at this point and I don't blame them for dropping support.

It's just a matter of them not updating their website to be accurate as to what is and is not supported.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Warning to ANYONE who wants to purchase a VGA 3D Vision

Post by The_Nephilim »

cybereality wrote:Too bad.

Though, to be fair, analog is legacy at this point and I don't blame them for dropping support.

It's just a matter of them not updating their website to be accurate as to what is and is not supported.

Yes I found that out the hard way hehe.. But I guess it was more of a vent after I near wasted 600bucks..

I am looking into a whole new setup...

EDIT well after reaching 2000 and still not done buying the setup I decided to Shelf the idea of buying an new setup... Just costs overrun and money is not that plentiful.. I may ,make a new screen tho..

I will just get 2 new Acer X1261P's and a 590GTX Video card.. THNX for letting me vent Analog is possible. I was told to look into a 690 but those things are 1000 bucks NO way I have or am going to spend that kind of money on a video card..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter

Return to “3D Projectors”