NEW ! 19" (Glasses free) Monitor with drivers Wazabee

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
staticbuddha
Cross Eyed!

NEW ! 19" (Glasses free) Monitor with drivers Wazabee

Post by staticbuddha »

Surfing the net and found this

A 19" Glaasses free moniotr which comes with drivers which dont appear to be from IZ3D or Nvidia, emmm - The price range is about £700 which in my view is a bit step for a 19" screen as yeah we may want 3D gaming but we dotn want a tiny screen :( but its still great news for the World of 3D gaming and another step close to 3D taking over the world - ha ha ha ha haa haa ha ha (Evil take over the world laurgh)......

Anyway the website www.Wazabee.net looks good, but no just 19" its just so disapointing pls bring out a 22" or 24 " soon and pls keep the price down

Oh and here are some specs about the 19"
1440 X 900 @ 60Hz
Viewing Angle 120 degress
viewing distance 0.5 - 2meters
emm also says you shoudl stop playing for 5 - 15 mins every 30 to 60 mins - yeah right, us hardcore 3D gamers keep playing till we cant see anymore

news read like this

Spatial View Inc., a leading developer of 3D image processing and display technologies, announced the availability of its Wazabee 3D glasses-free Gaming solution through Media Markt, a key European electrical goods retailer.

The Wazabee bundle consists of two key components; a 19-inch multi-user display and a 3D gaming driver. Customers who purchase the bundle can now play and experience their favorite games in 3D without needing glasses. There are currently 20 game and platform titles supported by Wazabee including Need for Speed, Call of Duty, World of Warcraft and Second Life with the bundle retailing for 740 Euros (or US$1,149) before tax. Under the terms of the agreement, Media Markt will initially distribute the Wazabee bundle throughout Belgium and Luxembourg.

"We partnered with Spatial View because they have a unique 3D technology that will take gaming, both standalone or online, to a completely new level of interaction," says Dik Pijl, Chief Purchasing Officer of Media Markt - Saturn Belgium - Luxemburg. "Our customers are looking for the latest and most innovative technologies and the Wazabee bundle answers the call. The simple turnkey solution lets anyone a 3D experience."

The new Wazabee bundle will be showcased at the Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany (August 20th through 24th at Hall 4, booth A04). For more information on Spatial View or the Wazabee bundle visit http://www.wazabee.net
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

nice to see new companies in the market.

their list of supported games atm is quite small though:

http://www.wazabee.net/node/17

and their forum is 1 week old :)

then again everybody has to start someplace
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

LMAO - not only the cost of the monitor is high but they are also trying to charge for the driver on a PER GAME basis. This is a joke if you ask me, I cannot think of a single other company that has the cheek to try and do this :?

An alternative to this is the 3dz solution: http://www.3dz.co.uk/3d_lcd_monitor.html
They claim to have a 3d driver 'compatible with most directX games' but I guess the jury is out on that one. The do have a 3ds max plugin too.
I've seen these glasses free solutions in action and have to say they are bloody impressive, I'd probably have one if I wasnt using projectors, and would much rather have one over a passive polarized monitor solution any day.
patricklupo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by patricklupo »

I saw the 19" Wazabee on display at Nvision. It was striking in that the 3D was apparent even from a distance without need for 3D glasses. They were showing Half Line 2 - Lost Coast. I didn't notice any pop-out and the depth seemed more compressed than nVidia's shutter glass solutions. The screen was also darker than the Viewsonic 120Hz even with shutter glasses. Still though, you could see the 3D effect at many angles and without eye-wear. In my opinion. the Viewsonic or DLP 3D stills edges it out due to games support and much better level of depth conveyed; without factoring in price.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”