Current Pre-Order Wait?

xhonzi
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Current Pre-Order Wait?

Post by xhonzi »

All,
Can we use this thread for recent Dev Kit recipients to post the time they ordered their rift, and when they received it, so that we can get a sense as a community what the current wait is?

Thanks!

I searched for a similar thread and didn't find one. There's the Dev Kit arrival thread, but it's full of lots of other information, and has cooled down quite a bit the past several months.
KBK
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Current Pre-Order Delay?

Post by KBK »

Devkit order and arrival has shortened considerably for the folks who ordered in Europe and the far east. for this batch only. USA or North American orders are going to be..about 6 weeks. I ordered a second kit on july 01, and expect to get a ship notice any day now, when the next batch hits NA shores. which is any day now.

Some blips (upward trending) in demand are going to lengthen that time frame, as of a review of some dood with 10M viewers/subs on yootoob, and now with John Carmack's involvement with Oculus. (the announcement crashed Oculu's website, according to their opening page.)

These two changes will probably push the 'order to delivery notice' timeframes back by about a month or more, to 8-10-12 weeks.
Intelligence... is not inherent - it is a point in understanding. Q: When does a fire become self sustaining?
jdub1981
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Current Pre-Order Wait?

Post by jdub1981 »

I ordered mine May 5th and received it Aug 2nd.
xhonzi

Post by xhonzi »

jdub1981 wrote:I ordered mine May 5th and received it Aug 2nd.
Ouch! 89 days! I thought we were closer to 30 days. I knew I couldn't really trust the Oculur Pre-Order forecast (hence this thread), but It's been forecasting 1 month for a while now. I figured it was probably between one and two months, and didn't think it would still be three.
cegli
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by cegli »

Seems like Europe/Asia/Australia is almost caught up, and North America is not far behind. The estimated ship dates from Oculus' pre-order page are correct. Unless there is a big uptick in sales, I would bet they be caught up and stockpiling extra rifts by the end of September.

Someone waiting 89 days in the past is not relevant information anymore.

http://riftorders.aws.af.cm/ (US Shipped up to around 57xxx, some of Europe up to 62xxx out of 64xxx orders).
xhonzi

Post by xhonzi »

It was relevant 5 days ago.
Ryuuken24
Cross Eyed!

Post by Ryuuken24 »

In my opinion, people who haven't ordered through the pre-order system shouldn't comment, as we don't need crackpot speculation from here say.
cegli
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by cegli »

The amount of orders being shipped is increasing all the time. For instance, Vin waited 9 months and received not too long ago. Thus the wait time is decreasing all the time. Some lucky people in Europe have recently received theirs about 1 week after ordering.

It goes by batches, so it's not always so straightforward. Cybereality (Moderator) has said many times that the current shipping estimates are accurate on the official forums.

See:
https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/v ... =26&t=2513 <- August Shipping? Really?
https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/v ... =26&t=3279 <- Non-Official Global Shipping Guide
https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/v ... =26&t=1917 <- Official Shipping Update Thread
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Appr 2,5 weeks overseas shipped and ready (fully ok imo): http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 00#p140711
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
jeremyc9
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jeremyc9 »

I ordered June 18th, and got the email earlier today August 9th that my order is about to go to processing, if that helps at all.

Update: Got shipping email today with tracking, and my Rift is scheduled to be delivered August 19th. So two months and one day I had to wait, and that should be a shorter wait by now.
Last edited by jeremyc9 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
jdub1981
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jdub1981 »

I got mine 2 weeks from the date of the email about processing. Depends on batch size though I believe. Either way, you should receive yours somewhere between 2 and 2.5 months after ordering which is down from the 3 months I waited.
xhonzi

Post by xhonzi »

Any recent success stories?
oxygen955
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by oxygen955 »

Well they ship to a different region each week. Looking at the tracking site, seems a lot of Germany and UK ppl are being shipped to (some only waiting 2 days wtf)

Now looking back seems end of august was shipping out to US...so i'm hoping end of sept will be another batch to the US (plus they said they were shipping out a large batch to the US on the official forums)

Return to “Oculus VR”