Configuration is NOT saving??

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Configuration is NOT saving??

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hey all,

I have a small problem I installed the 314.22 drivers and then reverted back to the 314.07's and now when I save the Configuration (CTRL+F7) by Default keystroke, it does not save the setting but reverts back to the original setting which the convergence is way off..

I checked the keystroke and to save the configuration it is in fact the default keypress CTRL + F7,, I am unsure why it is not working now but I never had problems with this in the past??
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Ryuuken24
Cross Eyed!

Re: Configuration is NOT saving??

Post by Ryuuken24 »

The newest version of Vireio is outerly broken. No keystrokes, no forced config files is going to work. It's being fixed though, so sit around and wait, or use the previous version. Cheers!
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

What is it that you refer too, I am talking about the NVidia Drivers not saving the corrected S3D Configuration of ANY Game.. After I adjust my Seperation and Convergence and hit CTRL + F7 to Save the config it reverts back to the way it was before I adjusted it, it does not save it and reverts back to default convergance and separation settings..

I do not know what vireio is??
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Do you see the OSD text that says "configuration saved"? Have you tried changing the hot-key?
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Yes I just checked another game it seems to ONLY be doing it with ArmA:Operation Arrowhead.. I changed the hotkey but it still reverts back to the Convergance way out..
I do see the Configuration saved it just reverts back to the convergance being way off and I have to readjust it and I can NOT save it..
I tried it in F4:BMS 4.32 and it saved it fine..
Rrzis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rrzis »

I have seen this happen in Civilization 5 as well. I personally don't think it's really a driver issue, but an issue with the game itself resetting the convergence settings, but I couldn't be sure. I don't expect this issue to be fixed, since the driver developers don't seem (or aren't allowed) to give half a blank about any one or two games (I'd suspect they'd sooner drop support for it than to fix it). Be assured, though, it's unlikely your computer your setup or what-not.
2013 :: AMD FX-8350 8 Cores @4GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident X | ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | EVGA GTX 550 TI 2GB | 46" Passive 3D LED + 15" LCD | 5TB Internal Storage + 32GB Internal SSD Cache | 2x CS Liquid Cooling | LG 3DBDRW MDISC | DVDRW (LabelTag) w/CF | G19 LCD | G700 | OCZZ850M (80+ Gold) | Samsung Digital 5.1 + RT DVD Video RW | AverMedia HD Tuner | M-Audio Delta 1010LT | Win 7 Pro x64 + XP Pro + Fedora x64 | 3D Vision / 3DTV Play | iZ3D | No OC
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I never had problems with this in the past with my old Projectors setup and ArmA:OA. this seems to be a new issue once I bought my new Acer 1261P and the setting in ArmA:OA.. It seems to work in other games so far but will have to test that theory..
Rrzis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rrzis »

I have never owned ArmA:OA. Civilization 5 was like this since it came out. Oddly enough, it only fails to save the config on the DX10/11 version. Of course, these might be two entirely different problems.

I haven't been able to find anything on the internet about this problem with ArmA:OA.

Have you tried renaming your ArmA:OA executable? I wonder if maybe it's an nVidia Profile issue. Also, are you now using any EDID override? Were you using one before you switched?
2013 :: AMD FX-8350 8 Cores @4GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident X | ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | EVGA GTX 550 TI 2GB | 46" Passive 3D LED + 15" LCD | 5TB Internal Storage + 32GB Internal SSD Cache | 2x CS Liquid Cooling | LG 3DBDRW MDISC | DVDRW (LabelTag) w/CF | G19 LCD | G700 | OCZZ850M (80+ Gold) | Samsung Digital 5.1 + RT DVD Video RW | AverMedia HD Tuner | M-Audio Delta 1010LT | Win 7 Pro x64 + XP Pro + Fedora x64 | 3D Vision / 3DTV Play | iZ3D | No OC
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I have a Certified 3D PRojector now it is a Axer1261P.. I am using a EDID Override but it is made from this projector with the moninfo program.. I just tried to change it back then the 3D will not work with the Gerenric Plug n Play monitor selected in windows device manager??

On my old system ArmA:OA worked fine.. I will try renaming the exe to something that works..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Rrzis wrote:I have never owned ArmA:OA. Civilization 5 was like this since it came out. Oddly enough, it only fails to save the config on the DX10/11 version. Of course, these might be two entirely different problems.

I haven't been able to find anything on the internet about this problem with ArmA:OA.

Have you tried renaming your ArmA:OA executable? I wonder if maybe it's an nVidia Profile issue. Also, are you now using any EDID override? Were you using one before you switched?

Voila I renamed the .exe and it know works np's.. Weird that by changing the exe it fixes it.. perhaps something amiss with the profile for Arma:OA??

THNX.. ;)

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”