BBC to suspend development of its 3D programming for 3 years

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
sutekiB
One Eyed Hopeful

BBC to suspend development of its 3D programming for 3 years

Post by sutekiB »

' The BBC has decided to take a bit of a break from its 3D efforts. The British broadcaster has announced that it will be easing off on 3D following a special 50th anniversary episode of Doctor Who. RadioTimes cites Kim Shillinglaw, the BBC’s head of 3D, as saying 3D hasn't taken off and that the corporation will be taking a three year break from the development of 3D programming.

"I have never seen a very big appetite for 3D television in the UK," Shillinglaw told the RadioTimes. "Watching 3D is quite a hassly experience in the home. You have got to find your glasses before switching on the TV. I think when people watch TV they concentrate in a different way. When people go to the cinema they go and are used to doing one thing – I think that’s one of the reasons that take up of 3D TV has been disappointing." '

Full article at Tom's Hardware here: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/3D-TV-Con ... 44731.html
sutekiB
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: BBC to suspend development of its 3D programming for 3 y

Post by sutekiB »

Sorry - new user. Just found out about the newswire and I see this has already been posted. :roll:
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

No biggie. Welcome to MTBS!!!
sutekiB
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sutekiB »

Thanks cybereality. Pleasure to be here :)

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”