first news from iz3d, siggraph

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

first news from iz3d, siggraph

Post by yuriythebest »

originally submitted to the iz3d forums by mediavr

http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-r ... -59983.php

I guess the question everyone keeps asking is will the 26' model have different/improved technology for reducing ghosting or will it all be the new glasses.

What I truly hope will happen is the 26' model with ship with the new glasses but they will also have thew same effect for the 22' model.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
phil
Cross Eyed!

Post by phil »

Do we know if the signal format will stay the same for the screens using this latest iZ3D technology :?: Are the changes purely on the hardware side?
Ifandbut
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ifandbut »

I hope the base hardware stays the same. I'll be really pissed that I just spent $600 on the monitor only to have a new one with better anti-ghosting to come out 4 months latter. With any luck the glasses are the main focus to reduce ghosting.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Ifandbut wrote:I hope the base hardware stays the same. I'll be really pissed that I just spent $600 on the monitor only to have a new one with better anti-ghosting to come out 4 months latter. With any luck the glasses are the main focus to reduce ghosting.
Technology advances whether you like it or not, as a monitor the 22" iZ3D monitor is very old.
Modern monitors now have a 2ms response time, constrasts reaching 1000:1 and better colour fidelity than previous generations of monitors.

iZ3D has to keep up with standard 2D monitors, and improve 3D at the same time because the current implementation isn't perfect, so i really hope the 26" will also have some hardware improvements as well.
stee1hed
Cross Eyed!

Post by stee1hed »

Ifandbut wrote:I hope the base hardware stays the same. I'll be really pissed that I just spent $600 on the monitor only to have a new one with better anti-ghosting to come out 4 months latter. With any luck the glasses are the main focus to reduce ghosting.
As a previous iZ3D owner, I totally understand. On the other hand in my opinion if it takes a complete hardware redesign to make a really kick ass monitor that fixes many of my complaints with the current version and in turn sells like hot cakes and keeps a great company financially stable, I choose the complete hardware redesign. That's just good business.

They've been working on the glasses for several months now and I think that if it were that simple, they would have released something by now. But that's just a guess.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

stee1hed wrote:
As a previous iZ3D owner, I totally understand. On the other hand in my opinion if it takes a complete hardware redesign to make a really kick ass monitor that fixes many of my complaints with the current version and in turn sells like hot cakes and keeps a great company financially stable, I choose the complete hardware redesign. That's just good business.

They've been working on the glasses for several months now and I think that if it were that simple, they would have released something by now. But that's just a guess.
well yes I agree with that, however only as a last resort. On the other hand if the newer glasses would reduce ghosting on the 22' model by one amount and on the new monitor by a higher amount that will also be good news. Anyhow this is all just speculation and philosophy - we will just have to wait until iz3d releases this news to the public. On another note, I think a lot of the experimentation for the new glasses is finding the correct cost vs result ratio, I read somewhere that some glasses for realD or dolbly3d something like that have like 200 layers if I'm not mistaken and cost a pretty penny. the iz3d glasses have several layers I think.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”