Adding Support for a New Game?

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
JamesDavid
One Eyed Hopeful

Adding Support for a New Game?

Post by JamesDavid »

Hi,

I have a game that I would like to use with Vireio. The game is based on DirectX 7+. Are there any tutorials that walk through what needs to be done to customize the driver for a new game? I could not find anything that seemed on point (as someone who just found out about Vireio) searching the forum ...

Thanks in advance,
James
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Adding Support for a New Game?

Post by cybereality »

Currently the driver only supports DirectX9 (DX11 is in the works). It would require some amount effort to add a DirectX7 mode, and then also you would need to code support for that game. The good news is that DirectX7 is fixed-function (pre-shaders), so that means the stereo implementation should be much more straight-forward. But I don't know too much about DX7 so I can't really offer too much advice.
Hornet
Cross Eyed!

Re: Adding Support for a New Game?

Post by Hornet »

Cyberreality, can you look for implementation of DX7 games to you driver? Condor soaring simulator is old but amazing sim and the possibility to use it with oculus Rift Would be awesome. The sim is working in 3D with old stereodrivers problemless, Is not Nvidia 3D vision compatible. I am real glider pilot and this is for winter training the best sim ever. Thx a lot. Hope Hope! There are a lot of pilots flyiing it.

Look here please:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsKRhTv8HLE

Thx

Peter

Return to “Development / General Discussion”