one to one head tracking

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Phamtrinli
One Eyed Hopeful

one to one head tracking

Post by Phamtrinli »

Hi, I've been trying out the vireio perception driver with a number of games including half life 2, black mesa source, and skyrim.

I have been having problems trying to get the head tracking on a one to one ratio though. This is most apparent in half life 2 and bms. It seems like there is some sort of mouse/view/camera acceleration going on when you move your head so if you move your head a certain speed, it ramps up the ratio of movement and if you make slow movements with your head, then you get far less than 1:1 movement of the camera... This all is very annoying - especially with vertical tracking as I am constantly losing the correct frame of reference for my view (I will end up having to look straight down at the floor in order to move the camera to look at a straight level in the game). You can readjust by just moving your head either all the way up and then slowly back down to a level plane, or all the way down and then slowly back to the level horizontal plane - but having to do this over and over really starts to make me nauseous.

Is there some way I can disable this acceleration or just make it so it is always a 1:1 ratio of movement of the camera??

TIA
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: one to one head tracking

Post by cybereality »

There is no acceleration for mouse movement in Perception. Check the game settings or in Windows. You should be able to adjust it to be 1:1.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”