Dishonored

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Baristan6
Cross Eyed!

Dishonored

Post by Baristan6 »

Dishonored, one of the three games I have put off playing until my Rift arrives, works...
Dishonored_Rifted_1.jpg
Reflections, are off.
lighting/shadows distort with roll(see bottom right corner of the rug by the fireplace).
Dishonored_Rifted_2.jpg
Overall it looks good on my monitor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shiva
Cross Eyed!

Re: Dishonored

Post by shiva »

WOW
That's seriously awesome man, that game would be SO wicked with a rift on!!!
Any chance of you sharing your work? :mrgreen:
Baristan6
Cross Eyed!

Post by Baristan6 »

Just add Dishonored to profiles.xml and copy d3d9.dll and libfreespace.dll to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dishonored\Binaries\Win32"

Code: Select all

<profile game_name="Dishonored" game_exe="Dishonored.exe" game_type="200" separation="0.00357999" convergence="0" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" />
drgroove101
Cross Eyed!

Post by drgroove101 »

excuse my language, but holy f*cking poop! This is awesome! I have been holding off on this game off too, i can't believe it works with no additional coding. If my Rift dosn't come soon I think I'm going to cry.

The game is on sale on steam right now for 50% off too! It's on sale until Monday April 15, 10am PST
shiva
Cross Eyed!

Post by shiva »

Baristan6 wrote:Just add Dishonored to profiles.xml and copy d3d9.dll and libfreespace.dll to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dishonored\Binaries\Win32"

Code: Select all

<profile game_name="Dishonored" game_exe="Dishonored.exe" game_type="200" separation="0.00357999" convergence="0" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" />
thanks! imma try that right away
zino
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by zino »

On a slightly related note: Dishonored is 50% on Steam for the next 22h.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Really cool you got this working. I bought the game a while ago, but haven't got around to playing it yet. May have to give this a go.
stevetb
Cross Eyed!

Post by stevetb »

Thank You! I bought this immediately once I read your post. Must try when the rift comes in.
stevetb
Cross Eyed!

Post by stevetb »

Could you do a video capture (5 minutes of gameplay) so we can try these out and see how well the 3D effects work?

Uploading to YouTube would be ideal.

Thank you in advance!
spire8989
Cross Eyed!

Post by spire8989 »

I play this on my projector in 3d and its freakin beautiful, the 3d works awesome too. Makes me even more impatient to get my rift though xD
shiva
Cross Eyed!

Post by shiva »

Baristan6 wrote:Just add Dishonored to profiles.xml and copy d3d9.dll and libfreespace.dll to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dishonored\Binaries\Win32"
Quick question, is the copy of perception's d3d9.dll and libfreespace.dll in the game directory mandatory for something?
Cause its works just fine for me by just launching perception and the game afterwards, so I was just wondering if by doing so I was hindering something else in the experience
Baristan6
Cross Eyed!

Post by Baristan6 »

shiva wrote:Quick question, is the copy of perception's d3d9.dll and libfreespace.dll in the game directory mandatory for something?
Cause its works just fine for me by just launching perception and the game afterwards, so I was just wondering if by doing so I was hindering something else in the experience
It didn't work for me without copying the dlls.

Just launching perception is the preferred way to inject Vireio into the game. Copying the dlls may work when that fails. Once injected the experience should be the same.
pizzy00
Cross Eyed!

Post by pizzy00 »

Screenshots look good. Dishonored was 50% off Steam this last weekend I knew I should have bought it. I may need a beefier vid card to get the 60 fps needed at good settings.
Check out this forum for a beta driver to get existing games working with the Rift.
Official Vireio Perception Driver Forum http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=141
Support these games on Steam Greenlight them http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=92979040
Rig Specs - MS Windows Ultimate, i5 3470, 16 GB RAM, 2x AMD 1GB 5850 HD crossfired, SATA2 HD
Drewbdoo
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Drewbdoo »

OK, I've got a little question about this. Yesterday, I had my first rift experience. Someone else in town got theirs yesterday and I brought my rig over with everything I had ready to go. I had seen this thread a few days ago and got dishonored working. When I got there, however, I noticed a few things. For one, it wanted to do quad-vision instead of double. When I removed the dll, it worked properly. However, when I looked through the rift, the image was horribly cropped. For example, in this image, I could only see just a little bit below the N on the bottom - it was like just seeing the center half of the image. Since it wasn't my rift and I didn't have the time to tinker, we just went on to the next thing. Anyone experience this? I'll be delving back into it when my rift shifts or if I get a chance to go back to my buddy's house for more tinkering.

lordbinky
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lordbinky »

I just noticed it last night, and wonder if I just missed it or it is new in the beta 12 Vireio drivers. You can zoom the displayed image with F1 and (shift or ctrl? I forget which) + F1. Maybe that was it.
Drewbdoo
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Drewbdoo »

That bears looking into. Its unfortunate that I don't have mind to test different variables, but next time I go over to have another rift night, I'll try to work on it. The weird thing was that, like in the screenshot, that's what was on my monitor that the rift was mirroring, but it was zoomed in on the rift. Wouldn't that zooming function zoom the mirroed monitor as well though?
lordbinky
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lordbinky »

From what I remember very little zooming on a monitor can be a fairly significant change in how it appears through the rift.
Vaecon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaecon »

stevetb wrote:Could you do a video capture (5 minutes of gameplay) so we can try these out and see how well the 3D effects work?

Thank you in advance!
Here's a 15minute video for ya!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brZKaZfPRQ0
the_wretched
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by the_wretched »

Got this working with Vireio quite easily, the reflections and shadow problems are a shame, but more than that this shows just how important proper scaling is for VR. Some assets in Dishonored are really weird in size relative to the player and that almost takes me out of the world more than any shadow/reflections bugs might do...
stevetb
Cross Eyed!

Post by stevetb »

Vaecon wrote:
stevetb wrote:Could you do a video capture (5 minutes of gameplay) so we can try these out and see how well the 3D effects work?

Thank you in advance!
Here's a 15minute video for ya!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brZKaZfPRQ0
Thank you! Watching this now.
stevetb
Cross Eyed!

Post by stevetb »

Got my Rift, got Perception 1.1.0, have the DLL's in the correct folder, looking through the lenses I see two distinct images. Could anyone push me in the right direction on how to calibrate the Rift in Perception to use Dishonored? I'd love to play this but want to also make sure my eyes are safe in doing so.

Thanks!
McFatandGlasses
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by McFatandGlasses »

I just got my rift and have been trying out games and demos. Anyone know how to lower the convergence in dishonored. I am getting that horrible doubling effect you get when its to high in 3dvison
JustJoshin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JustJoshin »

I have tried this with the latest vireio driver and the stereoificator fork and get the pre-warped side by side rendering for the rift with working head tracking but the images don't seem properly converged and I end up with two crosshairs. I have tried the 'adjust separation' feature but that doesn't seem to help.

Has anybody else experienced this?

The other issue with this game is that you cannot see the HUD...at all. Whislt that's great for a second playthrough when you know what your doing its not so great for a first playthrough when you want to be able to see your mission objectives. Additionally, notes and books in the world aren't really readable. I suspect these sorts of hud and interface issues are going to be the norm when attempting to *riftify* old games that weren't made for VR.

Hud and interface issues aside, I really just want a fix for the stereo rendering I can't seem to get right. Has anybody else had the aforementioned problem?

Edit: Has anyone got the vireio SHOC calibration tool working in Disonhoured? Pressing Ctrl+I doesn't seem to bring it up for me.
fugazi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by fugazi »

I cant see it in stereo, the image is the same in the 2 sides of the scrren. Using 1.1.0. syde by syde method.
rata881
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rata881 »

I dont have head tracking!! do u know wich might be the problem?

Iam using vireio, oculus rift and oculus track
baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by baggyg »

Hi Guys,

Definitely Opentrack is not the way to go here. If you are a little patient we are hoping to get full support in 2.0 soon, hopefully in the next release.
peteo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by peteo »

Anyone know how well this is working with DK2 and the newest vireio?
its on sale on steam for 4.99 so im think im going to pick it up
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

It's good. There is a working VR Boost profile. During cutscenes headtracking does not work. There are a few artifacts. But all in all very playable and very beautiful games.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

The only thing I really can't stand is the HUD and that you can't resize it like other games. I tried putting shader rules for the HUD, but only a small portion of it gets impacted. It's odd. Someone with sharper shader skills needs to look at what I'm doing wrong.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “Development / General Discussion”