NVIDIA Now supports Quad Buffered OpenGL S3D on GeForce!!!

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
AlexV
One Eyed Hopeful

NVIDIA Now supports Quad Buffered OpenGL S3D on GeForce!!!

Post by AlexV »

As some of you may be aware ever since v314 of the Nvidia GeForce driver there seems to be support for QB OpenGL S3D. Here is a MTBS3D thread on the topic from the GeForce Driver Sub Forum.
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=16849

The above thread includes an attachment of a sample project if you want to try it your self. The general consensus in the thread was that Nvidia forgot to set a flag disabling the feature when compiling the GeForce version of the driver but here is an email exchange between me and Nvidia that proves other wise. Note there is some other details in the email about an unrelated problem I was having with some code.

Me:
I am a software developer writing some software to test human vision. One of my tests use 3D Vision to test human stereo depth perception. My code uses the NV_STEREO_IMAGE_SIGNATURE technique to render stereo pairs when I upgraded to 314.22 form 306.23 my code was broken and the program does not work. I am using a ASUS VG278H monitor and 3d vision 2. The IR emitter gets triggered fine but the L and R eye images get rendered side by side? Was support for the technique dropped?

Windows 7 64 bit Pro SP1
Xeon E5-2670 @ 2.60gz
16 GB RAM
Dual ASUS VG278H

HP Workstation z820

Also did you guys mean to enable Quad Buffered OpenGL Stereo support for the recent Geforce Drivers. It seems that QB Open GL is working for drivers the 314 drivers. Please see this thread:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=16849

I do hope that this was an intentional release but considering there was nothing in the Change Notes I doubt it was.

NVIDIA:
Hello,

Thank you for your submission. This was intentional actually, unfortunately we didn't get our documentation updated online. I confirmed that they're still working on the documentation so that should come soon. As for the NV_STEREO_IMAGE_SIGNATURE issue, I'll be happy to submit a bug to our development team to investigate if you can provide a sample app that demonstrate the failure. The first step will be to have our quality lab try to replicate the failure, once we are able to replicate the failure then we can escalate to development team to take a look.

Best regards,
Ray
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: NVIDIA Now supports Quad Buffered OpenGL S3D on GeForce!

Post by cybereality »

This is awesome news! Thanks for posting.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”