OVER SEAS! Oculus Rift Dev Kit Arrival Thread

Parallaxis
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: OVER SEAS! Oculus Rift Dev Kit Arrival Thread

Post by Parallaxis »

448XX Denmark received yesterday. Initial impressions good, but haven't quite got my VR legs yet.
www.AwesomeBlade.com
DavidC
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DavidC »

Well I've got to work today and there's no sign of my Dev Kit :( I have a horrid feeling that the package may not have had a name on it, so it could be anywhere in the building :shock:
DavidC
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DavidC »

Wohoo! Found it. It was just addressed to David, no surname :o

I must've been looking like the most miserable f**ker around all morning because of this. So relieved now.

Anyhoo, found it and have it by my feet right now :D

Result.
nanicoar
Cross Eyed!

Post by nanicoar »

Got mine up and running! Demo-tiem!
aikakana
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by aikakana »

Finland 204xx received today! Wow, wow, wow, this is awesome. The screendoor is not bad at all, the resolution is but I can live with it until the consumer or DK2!
Sinsinful
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sinsinful »

So Yesterday after the missed delivery all I wanted to do was pick up my rift after work.
Had to view a house, pick someone up, pick someone else up, run someone home, list goes on. 9pm that night got to try out my rift. And guess what? I have serious motion sickness sensitivity. All that waiting and I can't really use it atm cuz it makes me feel super ill. 15min sessions is all I can handle.
Showed it to my father and he did not want to take it off lol! hes convinced this is the future.

Anyone any tips/links to deal with this whole motion sickness thing?

Initial impressions, really needs the 1080p screens. Leterbox view thing goes away after a few mins. Very usable in current formatt as emersion makes up for low resolution. Playing half-life2 last night for 15mins + team fortress(make sure to calibrate both) for 15mins and the are moments when you stop and just look about you as your brain is fully tricked into thinking you are there. Spend some time actually staring at things like walls and ledges trying to reach out and touch them, crazy stuff.

Sitting in work now still feeling sick and actually still can't wait to get back to half-life lol.....I only hope this feeling subsides....
This technology has peeled back a layer to reveal another universe. Virtual reality will grow, just as the telegraph grew to the telephone - as the radio to the TV - it will be everywhere.
baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by baggyg »

Order 20170 to Slovakia just arrived.
All cables inside.
No duty / import tax.
As reported by other only first name on address label.
Thank you Palmer - you golden god!
nanicoar
Cross Eyed!

Post by nanicoar »

aikakana wrote:Finland 204xx received today! Wow, wow, wow, this is awesome. The screendoor is not bad at all, the resolution is but I can live with it until the consumer or DK2!
I'ma demo mine at the hackerspace in Turku. Do you have similar plans?
aikakana
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by aikakana »

nanicoar wrote:
aikakana wrote:Finland 204xx received today! Wow, wow, wow, this is awesome. The screendoor is not bad at all, the resolution is but I can live with it until the consumer or DK2!
I'ma demo mine at the hackerspace in Turku. Do you have similar plans?
Actually haven't given that a thought but as you're going I'm not needed =) Might come by though, living near Turku myself too
funkysmell
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by funkysmell »

WTF
Ordered early Jan 44XXX. Still on Ready. Australia delivery. At the time the website said March delivery, now it looks like July. Its killing me! Hurry up Hong Kong!
AussieMike
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by AussieMike »

funkysmell wrote:WTF
Ordered early Jan 44XXX. Still on Ready. Australia delivery. At the time the website said March delivery, now it looks like July. Its killing me! Hurry up Hong Kong!
I feel your pain brother. I'm in Australia too, ordered in October 2012 and still at "ready" :cry:
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

I'm in NZ, order 20xxx, and still at 'Ready'. Bit gutting to hear about people with 44xxx numbers getting theirs already!

However, i'm a lot more patient now i have a Rift already to play with.

Maybe they are prioritizing those who have only ordered a single Rift?
ChrisJD
Cross Eyed!

Post by ChrisJD »

WiredEarp wrote:Maybe they are prioritizing those who have only ordered a single Rift?
They might be, but the reason for no Aus/NZ orders just seems to be that they haven't sent a batch our way for quite a while.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

That would probably make more sense ChrisJD. I hope Australasia is due for a big batch soon then.
funkysmell
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by funkysmell »

Shipments are happening in this order; usa then Europe then asia then Australia. I think we are up to an asia delivery next. so i'd guess nothing for OZ until july.

Which is suxs as people in USA are getting processing emails/updates even though they ordered a couple months after me and 4000 rifts above my order number. I guess karma got in the way at US customs hehe.
Last edited by funkysmell on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funkysmell
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by funkysmell »

AussieMike wrote:
I feel your pain brother. I'm in Australia too, ordered in October 2012 and still at "ready" :cry:

ouch, that proves then that a big Aussie batch is close by.
littlewiggy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by littlewiggy »

AussieMike wrote:

Australian Delivery ordered Sep 28
order #202xx still on processing, killing me that people in other countries not just the USA that ordered in march already have theirs and were still on ready
sevenalvan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sevenalvan »

Another disappointed antipodean here...my order 204xx to Australia was placed in early October 2012.
It is really frustrating to see orders placed 5 or 6 months later being fulfilled.
I fully expected that, quite correctly, Oculus would fulfil all of the Kickstarter orders first but to see orders placed nearly six months after mine being fulfilled is incredibly disappointing, especially when combined with no proper explanation as to when they will ship.
I emailed Oculus about this and the response told me nothing I did not already know.....and somewhat laughably pointed me in the direction of the the same info sources I had used to determined that my order is still not processing and that other lucky Rift DK owners who placed their orders nearly half a year later are processing or have received their orders!
Come on Oculus..give us a proper update instead of leaving us in the dark. One wonders how they will cope with the logistics for the consumer rift if they cant even get the DK rifts out with any semblance of order?
cheers
Sevenalvan
DavidC
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DavidC »

I got my Rift finally yesterday but was only able to try it for about an hour in total. My experience was very much the same as most of the 1st time experiences posted on here so I won't go into any details, you've seen it all before.

I've tried Tuscany, Museum of Microstar, both rollercoasters, HL2, Blue Marble and Titans of Space.

I definitely need to get the IPD side of things measured and sorted as I felt a bit cross eyed after using the Rift.

With HL2 I'm sure I read on someone's thread that they changed the aim to move with your view rather than the gamepad control. What's the command line to set this? Infact, where can I find a list of all the command lines and their effects for HL2 vr?

Overall, I'm very impressed especially with how simple the plug & play aspect works. It just works :)

I'll try the B & C lenses tonight and see what difference (better or worse) they make and I may have a 1st attempt at using F1 2012 with one of the 3rd party drivers out there.
fl0PPsy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by fl0PPsy »

Another Aussie here.

Order #044xxx also still on ready.

As some have said already, I'd say there's a big batch heading down to Oceania soon :)
rrrobot!
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rrrobot! »

Bummer. My Hydra "arrived" a few hours ago according to the tracking number. I stepped outside the second I got the email. Security light is off, no package, no way anyone would've taken it from my porch in the first place (not visible off the street and up a flight of stairs and a path). I ordered it without a signature this time because the courier responsible for my area is loving slack and keeps leaving cards saying no one is home even though there are at least 3-4 people around at all times (big house), and their HQ is an hours trip. Turns out not only is he slack, he also likes to steal poop when he can.

I can only hope that the Rift comes with signature required.
aikakana
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by aikakana »

rrrobot! wrote:I can only hope that the Rift comes with signature required.
It does, fortunately! Nice delivery guys you have over there.
LNQ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by LNQ »

45851 to Finland arrived as well, enjoying it, no motion sickness after an hour or so of rift coaster, titans of space & TF2
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

Sinsinful wrote:And guess what? I have serious motion sickness sensitivity. All that waiting and I can't really use it atm cuz it makes me feel super ill. 15min sessions is all I can handle.
Playing half-life2 last night for 15mins + team fortress(make sure to calibrate both) for 15mins ...
You picked bad demos for a first try out I'd say - I'd recommend you go explore Blue Marble, Titans of Space, or Tuscany instead initially. See how you fare with them!
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.
2EyeGuy
Certif-Eyable!

Post by 2EyeGuy »

littlewiggy wrote:
AussieMike wrote:

Australian Delivery ordered Sep 28
order #202xx still on processing, killing me that people in other countries not just the USA that ordered in march already have theirs and were still on ready
I ordered right at the start of preorders, OrderID 20062. Sep 26, 2012 05:59 PM PDT
"I put you on the priority shipping list so that you can get your unit as early as possible." - Palmer Luckey, 27/9/2012

Still on "Ready". :P

I've been incredibly lazy since I ordered the Rift though, and haven't finished any of the projects people are waiting for me to finish. So I guess it serves me right, and I can't complain. But the anticipation is hard to stand. :)
zemmix
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zemmix »

funkysmell wrote:Shipments are happening in this order; usa then Europe then asia then Australia. I think we are up to an asia delivery next. so i'd guess nothing for OZ until july.
Huh I hadn't heard that before. I'm up next apparently. I'm in Japan and my 43xxx order went to Processing on the 12th. Still haven't received anything yet though nor does UPS tracking show anything. Though being Asia I'm wondering if they aren't even using UPS to begin with and my Rift will magically show up one of these days.
Leahy
Cross Eyed!

Post by Leahy »

2EyeGuy wrote:
I've been incredibly lazy since I ordered the Rift though, and haven't finished any of the projects people are waiting for me to finish. So I guess it serves me right, and I can't complain. But the anticipation is hard to stand. :)
I certainly can empathize with that. However I just got my Rift last Friday and have only been able to use it for an hour, maybe two tops. I'm finishing up a report for my Master that I had plenty of time to do earlier. Should finish tonight and be able to do more than look around in HL2 for a couple minutes while taking a break. I do feel much less anxious though so that helps.
Bleppe
Cross Eyed!

Post by Bleppe »

I just ordered mine yesterday, Europe 58###. Guess I won't be seeing mine until September :o
Hopefully they'll use some of that $16 million to speed up production/shipping.
funkysmell
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by funkysmell »

Bleppe wrote:I just ordered mine yesterday, Europe 58###. Guess I won't be seeing mine until September :o
Hopefully they'll use some of that $16 million to speed up production/shipping.

Thats sounds about right about september. 20,000 rifts sounds about right too.
funkysmell
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by funkysmell »

i can smell it. its on its way!

http://imgur.com/TOspuGg
AdaQmmm
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by AdaQmmm »

Well i figured i'm gonna ask and ask and ask :P
zemmix
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zemmix »

It came!! Order 43xxx to Japan. Came via Hong Kong post/EMS. Had to pay an additional 900yen (~$9) tax/customs fee on delivery. I actually just got the shipping notice from Oculus the same morning it arrived.

DaEmpty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DaEmpty »

funkysmell wrote:Hurry up Hong Kong!
Monteclaudio
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Monteclaudio »

Hi! I just got this e-mail:

Having trouble viewing this email? Click
here<http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=som ... mevalue>to
view it in a browser. [image:
Oculus VR]<http://oculusvr.us5.list-manage.com/tra ... =somevalue>
You're receiving this email because your Oculus order will be advancing to
"Processing" status in the next 24 to 48 hours.

*Note*: Once your order status has advanced to "Processing", you can no
longer update your shipping information. Changing country of destination
might result in your order being moved to the next shipment batch, since
batches are normally allocated by distribution region.

*Please take a few minutes to verify and update your shipping information
via the Oculus Order
Manager<http://oculusvr.us5.list-manage1.com/tr ... mmediately

Look at the links. My order is on the 50xxx so, there's no way I'm getting the rift that soon. I forwarded the e-mail to the Oculus VR support team a few minutes ago, but obviously I still don't have an answer if this is a scam or not. XSS attacks are no joke. Of the people who already got the OR, can you confirm this e-mail looks like "the real thing"? If it doesn't, we should be very careful from now on.
Valez
Cross Eyed!

Post by Valez »

It is real.
DavidC
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DavidC »

It's real. Mine changed status just about 48 hours after getting that email, then the rift was delivered 6 days later. I didn't get the shipping email until the day after it was alway delivered. That's for a London UK order in the 20XXX order number range.
Bleppe
Cross Eyed!

Post by Bleppe »

Monteclaudio wrote:Hi! I just got this e-mail:

Having trouble viewing this email? Click
here<http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=som ... mevalue>to
view it in a browser. [image:
Oculus VR]<http://oculusvr.us5.list-manage.com/tra ... =somevalue>
You're receiving this email because your Oculus order will be advancing to
"Processing" status in the next 24 to 48 hours.

*Note*: Once your order status has advanced to "Processing", you can no
longer update your shipping information. Changing country of destination
might result in your order being moved to the next shipment batch, since
batches are normally allocated by distribution region.

*Please take a few minutes to verify and update your shipping information
via the Oculus Order
Manager<http://oculusvr.us5.list-manage1.com/tr ... mmediately

Look at the links. My order is on the 50xxx so, there's no way I'm getting the rift that soon. I forwarded the e-mail to the Oculus VR support team a few minutes ago, but obviously I still don't have an answer if this is a scam or not. XSS attacks are no joke. Of the people who already got the OR, can you confirm this e-mail looks like "the real thing"? If it doesn't, we should be very careful from now on.
When did you place the order and where do you live?
I'm in the 058### range and have been expecting mine to arrive in September, or late August if I'm lucky. But if this is real perhaps I dare dream of an even earlier delivery :D
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Post by GeraldT »

Monteclaudio wrote: Look at the links. My order is on the 50xxx so, there's no way I'm getting the rift that soon. I forwarded the e-mail to the Oculus VR support team a few minutes ago, but obviously I still don't have an answer if this is a scam or not. XSS attacks are no joke. Of the people who already got the OR, can you confirm this e-mail looks like "the real thing"? If it doesn't, we should be very careful from now on.
way ;) ... the order is not that strict, it's based on logistical advantages (and maybe a bit fortuna). just make sure your data is correct, no need to use a like from the email if you are unsure, you can open the infos directly from the Oculus VR site https://www.oculusvr.com/sales/

and enjoy your Rift when it lands :)
want to demo the Rift or check it out? click here
Monteclaudio
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Monteclaudio »

Bleppe wrote: When did you place the order and where do you live?
I'm in the 058### range and have been expecting mine to arrive in September, or late August if I'm lucky. But if this is real perhaps I dare dream of an even earlier delivery :D
Wow, I can't believe it. My order is: #056xxx and the purchase date: Jun 4, 2013 01:04 PM PDT. It's not even a month since I made the purchase! I live in Chile so, that may be it, since the e-mail says that: "batches are normally allocated by distribution region". I may just got into a batch to Southamerica. Anyway, it seems like the production chain has improved so, who knows. You may get your Rift earlier! :D
Monteclaudio
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Monteclaudio »

GeraldT wrote: way ;) ... the order is not that strict, it's based on logistical advantages (and maybe a bit fortuna). just make sure your data is correct, no need to use a like from the email if you are unsure, you can open the infos directly from the Oculus VR site https://www.oculusvr.com/sales/

and enjoy your Rift when it lands :)
I certainly will, sir! I'm even presenting a project at my workplace to use the rift to tackle the VR needs of one of the clients. This is a wild shot, so I'm crossing my fingers that the Rift actually delivers (as EVERYBODY says). And then, to build a couple of games, of course ;)

Return to “Oculus VR”