Buzz Aldrin to Debut 3D Film “Fly Me To The Moon” At NVISION

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Buzz Aldrin to Debut 3D Film “Fly Me To The Moon” At NVISION

Post by pixel67 »

Just found this little tidbit on the Nvidia website:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/io_1215583281271.html

S3D is taking off, bigtime! (pun intented)
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

right, hate to burst your bubble but in the entire article I saw no mention of S3D or stereo3d, it just says 3d and that could mean flat 3d
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

3D FILMS are usually stereoscopic 3D, but most people don't see the difference in the naming!
Also why should they say its something new (first movie in 3D ... bla bla), if they it's just one more FLAT movie?
And I think this is simply not true, too. Wasn't Haunted castle also a completly computer generated 3D movie?
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

LukePC1 wrote:3D FILMS are usually stereoscopic 3D, but most people don't see the difference in the naming!
exactly, there's a double definition sorta. the confusion really sets in when people who don't know what stereo3D is see movies named that way and don't understand and think it's just flat, and when people who like stereo3d see something marked "3d" and automatically assume it's stereo3d when in fact it's but a 3d image presented in flat-o-vision. I sure hope there will be an standardized icon for stereo3d like we have for dolbly surround sound.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

‘Fly Me to the Moon’ is the first computer-animated film ever to be designed, created, and produced exclusively in 3D. It will also be the first film to be shown only in 3D.”
I think is pretty clear that its a stereo 3d movie. Obviously is not the first 3d animation (I think Pixar's got that covered), so that can't be it. It also says "first film to be shown only in 3D", so I think thats the proof right there.
Last edited by cybereality on Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Fly Me To The Moon IS an S3D Movie.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

yuriythebest1 wrote:
LukePC1 wrote:3D FILMS are usually stereoscopic 3D, but most people don't see the difference in the naming!
exactly, there's a double definition sorta. the confusion really sets in when people who don't know what stereo3D is see movies named that way and don't understand and think it's just flat, and when people who like stereo3d see something marked "3d" and automatically assume it's stereo3d when in fact it's but a 3d image presented in flat-o-vision. I sure hope there will be an standardized icon for stereo3d like we have for dolbly surround sound.
I bet most non educated people don't even know, what setereoscopic before the 3D means...
I think they take it for 3D rendered and flat or realy 3D depending on what the topic is about...

Most games could belong to 2D presented (as usual for 3D games)
But 3D movies should be something else --> 3D cinemas and stuff. You don't call them stereoscopic 3D cinemas, do you?

So the only one who complains about it is us interested folks, who know what exactly is the difference :(

If it's a S3D movie by NV, do you think they would (try to) promote their S-3D drivers? Or maybe the Zalman screen? At least that is exactly the right audience :roll:
ayqz1u0s

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

LukePC1 wrote:
yuriythebest1 wrote:
I bet most non educated people don't even know, what setereoscopic before the 3D means...
I think they take it for 3D rendered and flat or realy 3D depending on what the topic is about...

But 3D movies should be something else --> 3D cinemas and stuff. You don't call them stereoscopic 3D cinemas, do you?

So the only one who complains about it is us interested folks, who know what exactly is the difference :(

If it's a S3D movie by NV, do you think they would (try to) promote their S-3D drivers? Or maybe the Zalman screen? At least that is exactly the right audience :roll:
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Either way, its bogus marketing. I know for a fact that there have been IMAX3D movies that were never shown in 2D theaters. So this is most certainly not the first 3D only release.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

I went to see Journey to the center of the earth last night and they actually showed this as a 3d Preview (put on the glasses type preview). Finally, actual marketing of future 3d movies... imagine that!

:)
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

So you say, they are going to support S-3D more again?
And are also putting energy and $ into promotion? Thats something new...

I hope it works...
and I'm looking forward to a real review from someone :)
ayqz1u0s

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

i"ll just wait for the S3D DVDrip
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

pixel67 wrote:I went to see Journey to the center of the earth last night and they actually showed this as a 3d Preview (put on the glasses type preview). Finally, actual marketing of future 3d movies... imagine that!

:)
They did that at Beowulf as well. They had an ad for the Journey movie and a few other previews in 3D.
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

LukePC1 wrote:
yuriythebest1 wrote:

Good points... and this site is called MTBS3D.com (Meant To Be Seen 3D) not Meant To Be Stereo, or MTBSS3D.com (Meant To Be Seen Stereo 3D). So Neil is also at fault here. I think that, while confusing, most people now accept 3D cinema to mean Stereo 3D. It becomes confusing when you talk about 3D games... most games are 3D these days... but if you say that you play games in 3D then most would still take that to mean play in Stereo 3D.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

android78 wrote:but if you say that you play games in 3D then most would still take that to mean play in Stereo 3D.
no, I think most will think you play 3d games
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

yuriythebest1 wrote:
android78 wrote:but if you say that you play games in 3D then most would still take that to mean play in Stereo 3D.
I think the word order should/could make it clear...

3D games --> Flat, right?
games in 3D --> something else?

but the world is big. Both kind of people are out there... so you are both right ;-)
ayqz1u0s

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

LukePC1 wrote:
yuriythebest1 wrote:
I think the word order should/could make it clear...

3D games --> Flat, right?
games in 3D --> something else?
Well 3D is old news. I hear PS3 is already on 4D!!! And you wonder why people are confused.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

I can't begin to tell you how many people I have told that I work for a 3D monitor company, and they say, what's that?? My monitors already 3D. Then I say... no, like, real 3D. And they still don't have any idea what I'm talking about... So it can be very confusing, yes.

Then you add Stereoscopic to the front, and they turn pale, and go into a coma =(
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

Welder wrote:Then you add Stereoscopic to the front, and they turn pale, and go into a coma =(
:lol: Ha ha ha! I love it.
Next you'll be trying to convince people they have two eyes, not one... that'll really blow them away. :wink:
Perhaps we all need to make an effort to call it stereoscopic. Most people understand stereo sound these days, it's just a case of education regarding what stereoscopic means.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Welder wrote:I can't begin to tell you how many people I have told that I work for a 3D monitor company, and they say, what's that?? My monitors already 3D. Then I say... no, like, real 3D. And they still don't have any idea what I'm talking about... So it can be very confusing, yes.

Then you add Stereoscopic to the front, and they turn pale, and go into a coma =(
Sad but really true. Everybody who watch games in 3D real life is totally blown away (well, almost everybody). But telling people that gaming in 3D is possible only gives a "so what??!!" sort of answer. 3D has to be seen and it can't be done if someone has a monoscopic handicap. :(

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

What do you guys think of the term "Stereo Video"? I think its a lot more friendly than "Stereoscopic" and fits in well with the AV crowd.

If you want to see just how confused people are, read the comments on this page:
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/8/t1171 ... view/2.htm

Seriously, you really have to wonder whats going on with schools these days. How could people not know what the third dimension is?

IMO, thats even worse then not knowing about gravity. What would you say to someone you met if they had never heard of gravity? Exactly.
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

cybereality wrote:If you want to see just how confused people are, read the comments on this page:
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/8/t1171 ... view/2.htm
LMAO!
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/8/t1171936-vr920-video-eyewear-review/2.htm wrote:Really, it would seem as we see 2D, but just that shading gives us the perception of depth. We don't see anything more than if we were looking at a picture, which is 2D.
Is this guy for real??? Maybe he has only one eye. :wink:
And this guy seems to have just as little idea:
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/8/t1171936-vr920-video-eyewear-review/2.htm wrote:Oh, and if think about it, your eye is circular. If it was flat like a square (not a cube)you would probably only be able to see in 2-D.
And had a laugh at this too:
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/8/t1171936-vr920-video-eyewear-review/2.htm wrote:With the 3-D movies that come out at you, they aren't 2-D anymore because the image is not displayed on a flat surface (the tv screen)
I thought the iZ3D was flat! :?

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”