help setting up head tracking software from xiatek

AussieMike
Two Eyed Hopeful

help setting up head tracking software from xiatek

Post by AussieMike »

Hi guys, has anyone successfully used the head tracking software from http://xiatek.org/headtrack? Im trying to get it working with ets2. When i start the server a window with a grid shows up, and rotating my phone works so its communicating with the app, but the mouse is disabled so i cant do anything except alt f4 to quit. If i leave it running amd run ets2 then nothing happens so the game isnt plugging into nofaceir or nofaceir isnt reading from the phone. Cheers, Mike
AussieMike
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: help setting up head tracking software from xiatek

Post by AussieMike »

I guess nobody uses this head tracking system (looks like it's a work in progress).

I think it's a terrific idea - I don't mind sticky taping my smartphone to the top of my headphones to use it's gyro for head tracking. Seems like a much better way to do it rather than using a webcam.

Does anyone know of another software that does the same thing (i.e. use your smartphone for head tracking by reading it's gyro)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Interesting. I know some people here were using smart-phones as head-trackers, but I don't recall what software they used.
AussieMike
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by AussieMike »

Yea it was a pretty clever solution I though.

I've just ordered a trackir 5, so I won't bother trying to get this to work now. After all the money i'm spending on getting my 3d gaming system as nice as possible what's another couple of hundred dollars :)

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”