Oldies + D3D9 patch?

GameGrade3D is a new gamer driven database of the top games, their best settings, and the visual results you can expect using DDD, iZ3D, NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision, and native 3D solutions.

Have questions and ideas for GameGrade3D? Share them here!
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Oldies + D3D9 patch?

Post by Guig2000 »

Hello.

A) If a old game (using D3D7 or older) have a D3D9 patch (even if unofficial) so that it can be played in S3D (Deus-ex in example), can we add it on the GG3D database or we should consider that if will overload or denature it?

B) Same question for old games that use D3D8, we can still play at them in S3D by using iZ3D on a modern computer, but there is no D3D8 choice in GG3D.
(B question edited since cybereality answered).
Last edited by Guig2000 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Oldies + D3D9 patxh?

Post by cybereality »

I'm not sure about this, but I would think the answer is no. Unless we had a good way to explain the a particular mod is needed, it could mislead people to believe a game was supported when it wasn't (at least not out-of-box). Maybe Neil wants to comment, but I have a feeling he would agree.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Oldies + D3D9 patch?

Post by Neil »

I have to agree with Cybereality. How many games are playable in this scenario? Is it only a handful, or is a full DX7 and DX8 library truly available?

I'm debating whether or not its worth grandfathering the iZ3D portion of the GG3D database to make room for other solutions coming into the market. Does this DX7/DX9 patch capability work with the DDD drivers as well?

Regards,
Neil
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Oldies + D3D9 patch?

Post by Guig2000 »

Considering D3D8 games, I tryed with 3Dvision, it also inject in D3D8, but I was first thinking that only iZ3D alow it. I don't know with DDD.

Considering Deus ex with D3D9 patch, 3D vision also inject in it.

Return to “GameGrade3D Discussion”