Mitsubishi LaserVue 3D ready Laser TV, nVidia knew?

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Mitsubishi LaserVue 3D ready Laser TV, nVidia knew?

Post by Silversurfer »

Surely NVIDIA knew before the alliance with Mitsubishi? Things are getting interesting - :)

Details on Mistubishi's LaserVue, the rear-projection 1080p televison that uses frickin' laser beams to display exceptionally rich color, are pouring out. The TV set will come in 65" and 73" varities when it ships in Q3 this year. It's 10" deep, thin by historical standards, but still somewhat thick for today's tastes, but the 120Hz set consumes a fraction of the power of LCDs and plasmas and is 3D-capable out of the box. No word on price. [Mitsubishi]

Article:
http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/gizmodo/full ... reet-dates

[/b]
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Man, I really want one of those. Not even for 3D, I just want to be able to see the full-speed of my machine. I keep running these benchmarks and getting 100+ FPS but it sucks cause I can't see more than 60Hz on my display. The laser sets should be the real-deal 120Hz from what I understand. Also, I heard the laser-tv technology is actually much cheaper than LCD so once mass production starts these will probably be replacing the current LCD market. I just hope the initial sets are affordable.

And, yes, of course Nvidia knew. I'm sure they know other stuff too. Things are just getting started.
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

cybereality wrote:Man, I really want one of those. Not even for 3D, I just want to be able to see the full-speed of my machine. I keep running these benchmarks and getting 100+ FPS but it sucks cause I can't see more than 60Hz on my display. The laser sets should be the real-deal 120Hz from what I understand. Also, I heard the laser-tv technology is actually much cheaper than LCD so once mass production starts these will probably be replacing the current LCD market. I just hope the initial sets are affordable.

And, yes, of course Nvidia knew. I'm sure they know other stuff too. Things are just getting started.
Sounds like the right technology to move 3-D into the mainstream, come on Mitsubishi already, give us an idea of price.
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Anyone else wondering how that thing is supporting itself? I mean, shouldn't it tip over or something. Just look at the picture.
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

cybereality wrote:Anyone else wondering how that thing is supporting itself? I mean, shouldn't it tip over or something. Just look at the picture.
thats easy to answer. I have a 24" & a 30" LCD with similer sleck stands that have very heavy stand bases (equal or greater to the weight of the screen weight) that have their centre of gavity positioned to stop them tipping forward or back for that matter. Thats what you get for your top diseigner who charge the earth & push up the production price at the beginning of this cuttting egde tech. Damn now I know this set is going to cost as much as two kidney's & and I short one after the last deal. :P

LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

@ size:
wasn't there somewhere mentioned it's about 11" 'deep'? It's not that much compared to the size, but it would be as thick as a normal CRT or other compareable DLP solutions. It sounds a little like the newer and bigger DLP (and hopefully the 'bulp' lasts longer ;-)).

@ price: from that results, that the price should be somewhere around the DLP or plasma product category =ca 2000 - 3000$ ?
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

LukePC1 wrote:It sounds a little like the newer and bigger DLP (and hopefully the 'bulp' lasts longer ;-)).
These solid-state lasers, he added, will greatly outlast lamps. As a light source, he said, they are practically "permanent," meaning that the lasers should last for the set's lifetime.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/03/business/03hdtv.html

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”