Shutterglases working in VISTA!!

b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Shutterglases working in VISTA!!

Post by b4thman »

Yes, here is working. What you have to do?:

1- Install Windows VIsta 32bits.

2- Install Nvidia 175.16 combo drivers (I suppose that it works with 174.xx too).

3- Make this registry ajustment:

A) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\ShowAllviewerTypes -> 2 (1 is the default, with "2" you will see after all viewer types to choose what you want).

B) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\StereoForceCPLViewerType -> 1 (0 is the default, but with 0 the driver does not use the stereo type you selected before, so use "1" to force it to do what you want).

And all is done. Open the 3D Stereo Control Panel and choose the 3D Stereo Display Type. I have just done it and I have seen Anaglyph and the "CRT with shutter glasses" type working in my Zalman 22" trimon monitor (before I only could see the Zalman type) and my 8800 videocard. I have not put the eDimensional dongle to verify that shutterglasses really work, but all seem to indicate that works (the pagefliping is working right). Also I have selected "Planar mirror left/right" and also I have only one image in my monitor, so I suppose that using a 2º monitor it works whit the other image mirrored.

Maybe so easy? Tomorrow I will test my CRT and my made planar setup to see what happend.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Lol?
If this works You just whiped out a LOT of problems...

If you are correct it would clear all the problems of GF higher 7...

I'll have to try this out tomorrow, too well actually it just started, so I'll have to try it today :D

Do you know if this this new driver supports 64bit, too? I think I could try it out on such a system...
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Woah! Totally blockbuster, I have to go try this now. Can it really be that easy, I hope this isn't a gag!!!
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

I hope you succed, so I have an easier game tomorrow :D
Well other projects will have to wait now :?
ayqz1u0s

Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

I could not get it to work on Vista 64. The other viewer types don't appear. I don't have a Zalman monitor. Maybe it only works if you have a Zalman monitor.

It looks like the key is elsewhere too in Vista 64.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

For some reason I couldn't get it to work. On Vista 32-bit with 174.75 or 175.16. Did you mean the new 175.19 driver that just came out? Also, I'm using the 174.76 stereo 3d driver, that is the only one for Vista right? I'm going to do more testing, but maybe its not as easy as it appears. Also, could it be that having the Zalman unlocks whatever it is that blocks the panel. I tested this with a Samsung LCD monitor and also on the VR920, no dice. I'm still trying, I hope this can work somehow.

One strange thing though, theres an entry for "AnaglyphEnabled" and its listed at "0xdeadbeef". Was it always like that? Seems like a bad sign...

EDIT: The 175.19 don't seem to be any help either. In fact, I think they may hurt performance but I need to test it more. Seemed faster with 175.16 I think.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

What model of video card are you using?

my bad, saw you stated 8800.
Last edited by pixel67 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

Has anyone tried after removing the pin as per the following?
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1072
I'm thinking you may need to clone the device code of a NV Supported display to get Stereo to work. Just a thought.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

android78 wrote:Has anyone tried after removing the pin as per the following?
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1072
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Let me try with the Revelator adapter, maybe that will work.

EDIT: I tried using the Revelator adapter and it didn't seem to make a difference. At this point I kinda give up. I should be getting a Zalman in a few weeks anyway, so maybe that will help.

Please, don't let me discourage you guys. Keep trying, there has got to be a way to get this to work.
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

I have just get up and I have put the CRT monitor with my eDimensional dongle to see what happend, and bad news... the stereotypes only are show if the Zalman monitor is recognized and it is the 1st monitor.

I am using Windows VIsta 32bits (I have no idea what happedn in Vista 64), and I am using the combo driver that I said, 175.16 nvidia driver and 175.16 stereo. I have an ASUS Nvidia 8800 ultra (I found it cheap two months ago).

Maybe I did to try this before to post this post and cause a false alarm. This seem to be ussefull only for people with the Zalman monitor, that now can use Anaglyph mode (before we couldn´t), and people for testing for a real solution. I need to try other modes (I´m thinking in planar), but I suppose that will not work, like CRT mode.

There is an entry in the registry that seem to be the key: "StereoMonitorID = 4155ef14".

I hope this will be usefull for anybody.

ED: I have just used an VGA cable with an eDimensional dongle: the zalman monitor is recognized like Zalman analogue, and shutterglasses are working, but like any other LCD monitor and flickering a lot only with 60 hz refresh rates..... so bad, only a curiosity. Y suppose that it is perfectly possible to use a planar setup if the zalman monitor is one (the 1st) of the two monitors, but I need to try later.... it is possible that the 2nd monitor causes any problem because it is not a zalman monitor.

ED2: it is curious that I can see all viewertypes, but it does not show me the "Zalman type". There are the types I can select:

- Anaglyph (red/blue glasses)
- CRT with shutter glasses
- Direct 3-Pin DIN VESA Coneect
- Dual VGA Output (Dep3D)
- Dual VGA with Mirror up/down
- NeurOK front/back (iZ3D monitor seem to be, so there is the iZ3D logo present... 8|
- Philips 3D multiview panel
- Planar Mirror left/right
- Sharp 3D Display
- Vertical Interleaved (SeeReal)
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Cant find any info on 175.16 stereo driver. Where did you get it from?
Last edited by VadersApp on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

I haven't tried jet, but it seems to have only a very slim chance... And I'm not good at messing with config or reg files :-(

@b4thman:
If these are the old settings, the sharp 3D settup might be the correct interlacing for Iz3D monitor. Please try out, if it works with the Zalman. Maybe you'll have a reversed 3D picture --> turn the glasses upside down.

If it works, other outputs might work, too. If it does not, the chances of the oter outputs are realy slim...

And I noticed Philips 3D... my driver does not have it, so it might be a new output, which is supported (in the future?).
The other output modes were present before, too.
ayqz1u0s

b4thman

Post by b4thman »

Sorry, now I´m not sure that it is 175.16 combo... it is 175.16 forceware sure, but I´m not sure about the stereodriver version. I downloaded from a Zalman vendor webpage because my CD included was obsolete (I don´t remember the website). The name of the package is 175.16, and I can see a .pdf tutorial document in a directory named "NVIDIA Forceware-3D Stereo 175.16(1)", so I didn´t read anymore and asume that it is also 175.16 stereo driver. Now I´m looking for but I see no information about the stereo3d version, only this directory name.

How can I be sure if this is really 175.16 stereo3d driver version?.... I can´t find where to see it in Windows Vista. The driver version of the display is 7.15.11.7516 as it is show in the "System information", but says nothing about stereo3d version (and Nvidia control panel do not inform about).

The Philips mode show the Sharp 3D LC display logo. NeurOK, Philips3D, and Sharp3D seem that not work, all gives a normal image. But other outputs works, like anaglyhp, CRT, and Vertical Interleaved (and I´m not sure about planar). I still can´t find the zalman mode, so I need to change the registry If I want to use the zalman stereotype.

As I said before, this is only really usefull to use Anaglyph type if you have a Zalman monitor (for the moment).
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Sounds like flogging a dead horse to me ;) Wait for iz3d 1.09.
devilman666
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by devilman666 »

b4thman wrote: There is an entry in the registry that seem to be the key: "StereoMonitorID = 4155ef14".

I hope this will be usefull for anybody.
i tried to add this in the registry ( under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D, right? i made a REG_SZ, right?)

nothing happened.
ideas?

btw, i don't find : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\StereoForceCPLViewerType -> 1

i have ge force 9600, vista32.
yomer
Cross Eyed!

Post by yomer »

Please make it work!!! :wink:
a1h
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Shutterglases working in VISTA!!

Post by a1h »

b4thman wrote:Yes, here is working. What you have to do?:

1- Install Windows VIsta 32bits.

2- Install Nvidia 175.16 combo drivers (I suppose that it works with 174.xx too).

3- Make this registry ajustment:

A) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\ShowAllviewerTypes -> 2 (1 is the default, with "2" you will see after all viewer types to choose what you want).

B) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\StereoForceCPLViewerType -> 1 (0 is the default, but with 0 the driver does not use the stereo type you selected before, so use "1" to force it to do what you want).

And all is done. Open the 3D Stereo Control Panel and choose the 3D Stereo Display Type. I have just done it and I have seen Anaglyph and the "CRT with shutter glasses" type working in my Zalman 22" trimon monitor (before I only could see the Zalman type) and my 8800 videocard. I have not put the eDimensional dongle to verify that shutterglasses really work, but all seem to indicate that works (the pagefliping is working right). Also I have selected "Planar mirror left/right" and also I have only one image in my monitor, so I suppose that using a 2º monitor it works whit the other image mirrored.

Maybe so easy? Tomorrow I will test my CRT and my made planar setup to see what happend.

Hmm i did all that and i dont have any extra options anywhere. Still doesnt let me choose, just the good old red and blue anaglyph is locked in and unchangeable,
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

b4thman wrote:Sorry, now I´m not sure that it is 175.16 combo... it is 175.16 forceware sure, but I´m not sure about the stereodriver version. I downloaded from a Zalman vendor webpage because my CD included was obsolete (I don´t remember the website). The name of the package is 175.16, and I can see a .pdf tutorial document in a directory named "NVIDIA Forceware-3D Stereo 175.16(1)", so I didn´t read anymore and asume that it is also 175.16 stereo driver. Now I´m looking for but I see no information about the stereo3d version, only this directory name.

How can I be sure if this is really 175.16 stereo3d driver version?.... I can´t find where to see it in Windows Vista. The driver version of the display is 7.15.11.7516 as it is show in the "System information", but says nothing about stereo3d version (and Nvidia control panel do not inform about).

The Philips mode show the Sharp 3D LC display logo. NeurOK, Philips3D, and Sharp3D seem that not work, all gives a normal image. But other outputs works, like anaglyhp, CRT, and Vertical Interleaved (and I´m not sure about planar). I still can´t find the zalman mode, so I need to change the registry If I want to use the zalman stereotype.

As I said before, this is only really usefull to use Anaglyph type if you have a Zalman monitor (for the moment).
it seems to work only, if you have a Zalman and want the other outputs for some reason...

Maybe this helps you:
There is an entry in the registry that seem to be the key: "StereoMonitorID = 4155ef14".
I'm not good at regediting, but maybe you are lucky?
ayqz1u0s

VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Some time ago i tried it several times to edit the entries. Found out that there is a display and also a monitor id. One of them, don´t remember which one, was overwritten by the driver when activating 3D. Tried to force them to stay as the same i typed in with changing the rights to entries. Gave up as i learned that this didn´t worked. Wasn´t able to disable the writing rights of the system for the entry it only worked for the folder.

The only way i see is in hacking the driver, which is maybe not legal. Maybe it could help to look for the part where the function for scanning the id is found and force it to return "true" if display is not found ;)

If somebody is able to reverse engineer the function, it would be better to put this energy in developing an open source shutterglasses wrapper. Of course this one must not like money, because otherwise it would be possible that he has a future in the big business and we no open source SG wrapper. :lol:
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

Just work for both as Neo from Matrix did...

Of course you'd have to publish it with a different name :lol:
ayqz1u0s

a1h
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by a1h »

i've pretty much given up on trying to get them working, tried for 2 days.

Though i still cant seem to fine some red and blue glasses though i don't want them.....i want my shutters working
jan3dstereo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jan3dstereo »

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\ShowAllviewerTypes -> 2 (1 is the default, with "2" you will see after all viewer types to choose what you want).
With "2" i didn't get the zalman, but with FFFFFFFF i did.
So change the 2 in FFFFFFFF (hex) .
I have vista with a 9800GT with 180.48 driver and the 174.76 stereo driver.
I stil l have the problem the in-game convergence ctr-F5/F6 does not work.
mcx
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mcx »

Hello,

I know the thread is not new, but is it still possible to get shutterglasses working?

I've got the Elsa Revelator and the driver installed, but the other output methodes won't show up by editing the registry values...

Does somebody got it to work?

thx
MCX
Slah
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Slah »

please delete

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”