I am Brand new to this. (DIY HMD)

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
xLUNCHxTIMEx
One Eyed Hopeful

I am Brand new to this. (DIY HMD)

Post by xLUNCHxTIMEx »

I would like to ask a seasoned veteran a number of things.

-Could you possibly write out a nice simple tutorial for me.

-This would consist of some nicely taken pictures and, in"lamen's terms" ( floabw ), what exact parts I would need to build and maintain a working HMD which can be used on a macbook pro.

-If this is not possible I would still like the concept of doing this or something that would work for someone with many consoles/ tvs/ computers of mac nature.I am easily described as broke most of the time so cheap as possible. I have this nice photograph of a cardboard cutout I did that is 4x2x2" Ill include it here.

-I have a preferred budget of about 200 dollars and I would like to be able to have at least a diagonal fov of 50 or 60 degrees. head tracking may be on a different bill haha oh and craigslist postings and ebay is friendly so if you know what I need send the link to me.

-Any integrating that I need to do would go nicely with the rest.

etc etc.

In retrospect. I have been toying around the site for a while but I haven't posted on anything because I just haven't found a simple step by step (with pics) tutorial on a DIY HMD which is, (what I think) what most people would like to see right now because were all itching for the oculus. well I definitely am anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by xLUNCHxTIMEx on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Namielus
Certif-Eyable!

Re: I am Brand new to this. (DIY HMD)

Post by Namielus »

Do you have a smartphone with a motion tracker? Then search FOV2GO, if not

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=15247
Riftoholic

My precious 6 month project the Oculus Virtual Lounge:
If you help me in any way I will be forever grateful.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

People have been making some DIY Rifts lately, but it will probably be easier (and maybe cheaper) to just get on the Rift itself. Though the Kickstater is over, Palmer will be taking orders on the Oculus website soon. I really don't think you can do much better (or any better really) than he has done, so just hop on the train!
xLUNCHxTIMEx
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by xLUNCHxTIMEx »

So theres nothing that can be done right now to give me the same latency and immersion?
xLUNCHxTIMEx
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by xLUNCHxTIMEx »

xLUNCHxTIMEx wrote:So theres nothing that can be done right now to give me the same latency and immersion?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Did you not read the thread Namielus linked to?

Return to “Do it Yourself!”