Development

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Development

Post by CyberVillain »

10 could be a little low, its important that it wont steal resources from I/O plugins and games. Will see what I can do...

About the Docking, its not that easy todo, we now use a metadata declared view thats not dynamic, we either need to use a Docking lib or change so that we define the view in code. The problem with defining the view in code is that you get alot of code thats hard to understand. What you can do for now is to change the layout yourself in your local copy of the code.

When I get time I can look at what docking libs there are.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

I think you will like what I'm working on now StreetRat ;)

edit: you can try it out in this branch https://github.com/AndersMalmgren/FreeP ... AvalonDock

There are some fatures missing and some bugs, the biggest one is that the restoing of layout bugs
StreetRat
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by StreetRat »

Havent tried it out yet, but thats looking good.

In regards to the angles returned for pitch, yaw, and roll, are these standardized?
ie, always return -180 <-> 0 <-> 180 or 180 <-> 0 <-> -180?
or will some return 0 - 360?

And is it possible to use the input code in another application?
Im using python and would love to use the core FreePie input stuff rather than rewrite it. A dll would be great if possible, if not then its no big deal.

Using FreePie interface wont really work since im using opengl and a few other packages and writing an openGL app within the FreePie ide would probably be slow, loops within loops.

Thats another thing, linking pages.
Would an include function, something like the diagnostics.debug() but a import() rather than the standard python import to include files located in the same folder as the current script work?
So something like import('filename') within testScript.py would import filename.py from the same directory as testScript.py.
That would allow for multiple pages without having to mess with pyLibs directory.
Not sure how it would work though as theres no os or sys commands that will return the actual directory the script is in since its run in the c# code not in an actual directory.
Not sure how a from x import y would work either.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Each plugin uses the format of the hardware, so it can be in Radians or Degrees etc

You can either use

FreePIE.Core.dll

And benefit from our Backend core complete with Python egine, check the Console project for a lightweight reference of Core

Or use FreePIE.Core.Plugins.dll

This dll only contains the plugins so you will be forced to rewrite some of the code into your app

You can also implement the Freetrack or TrackIR interface in your app and use standard FreePIE to send input through those interfaces, like you would with any other game.

About import I have not tried it myself, so I do not know if the files have to be under pylib folder to be imported correctly. But import works when they are under that folder, there is a script in the sample thread that imports TCP/IP stuff
TheLostBrain
Cross Eyed!

New Visual Studio Git support available NOW (well yesterday)

Post by TheLostBrain »

I heard on a podcast this morning that MS released Git support for VS2012 yesterday and thought I'd share in case anyone's missed it. i believe it's built on libgit2.

Might make it easier for those who haven't used Git before to get started with contributing to the project.
Supposedly in the next full VS update it's going to be completely baked in...including the express editions.

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/GitSuppor ... ntext.aspx

http://techcrunch.com/2013/01/30/micros ... d-service/

I've been eyeing adding Ascension Techology Flock of Birds support when I can get some free time and have no experience w/ Git (we use TFS at the office)...so as long as this MS Git support doesn't cause any weirdness it would probably the route I would likely take to get started.
My Current VR Setup
- N-Vision Datavisor 80 HMD (1280x1024, 80 FOV at 100% Overlap)
- Ascension Technology Flock of Birds 6DOF Magnetic Tracking + Extended Range Transmitter
- Prototype HMD (~100 FOV) - Specs and design to be shared after patent issued.
- IZ3D for non stereo-ready apps
- GlovePie for TrackIR emulation for apps without native Ascension Tech FOB Support
http://www.thelostbrain.com/?tag=/head+mounted+display" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Re: New Visual Studio Git support available NOW (well yester

Post by CyberVillain »

TheLostBrain wrote:I heard on a podcast this morning that MS released Git support for VS2012 yesterday and thought I'd share in case anyone's missed it. i believe it's built on libgit2.

Might make it easier for those who haven't used Git before to get started with contributing to the project.
Supposedly in the next full VS update it's going to be completely baked in...including the express editions.

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/GitSuppor ... ntext.aspx

http://techcrunch.com/2013/01/30/micros ... d-service/

I've been eyeing adding Ascension Techology Flock of Birds support when I can get some free time and have no experience w/ Git (we use TFS at the office)...so as long as this MS Git support doesn't cause any weirdness it would probably the route I would likely take to get started.
Nice!
I have no problem using Git together with TortoiseGit though, works very well.
Just let me know if you need help with the FreePIE side when implementing the plugin
Baristan6
Cross Eyed!

Post by Baristan6 »

I am having a bug with the keyboard plugin. The arrow keys are mapping to number keys.
My code

Code: Select all

keyboard.setKey(Key.UpArrow, xbox360.up);
keyboard.setKey(Key.DownArrow, xbox360.down);
keyboard.setKey(Key.LeftArrow, xbox360.left);
keyboard.setKey(Key.RightArrow, xbox360.right);
results:
up '8'
down '2'
left '4'
right '6'

EDIT
I found the bug. Arrow keys are extended keys and need dwFlags set to MouseKeyIO.KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY. Making a fix for all extended keys.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Baristan6 wrote:I am having a bug with the keyboard plugin. The arrow keys are mapping to number keys.
My code

Code: Select all

keyboard.setKey(Key.UpArrow, xbox360.up);
keyboard.setKey(Key.DownArrow, xbox360.down);
keyboard.setKey(Key.LeftArrow, xbox360.left);
keyboard.setKey(Key.RightArrow, xbox360.right);
results:
up '8'
down '2'
left '4'
right '6'

EDIT
I found the bug. Arrow keys are extended keys and need dwFlags set to MouseKeyIO.KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY. Making a fix for all extended keys.
Nice finding!
Baristan6
Cross Eyed!

Post by Baristan6 »

Is there a reason for many keys being mapped to 0x00? Also "private int[] KeyCodeMap" that maps to virtual keys is never used. Should I delete it?
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Baristan6 wrote:Is there a reason for many keys being mapped to 0x00? Also "private int[] KeyCodeMap" that maps to virtual keys is never used. Should I delete it?
I must admit that I havent given this code much look since Brantlew wrote it, so I cant answer that. But if its unused delete it, unused code is just noise and takes away attention from the code that matters.

Maybe you can PM Brantlew about the 0x00 values?

When you're ready just do a pullreq and I'll pull it to master

edit: Could it be that he uses the index as the DXSLim code and value as the win32 code and that the win32 code does not have a correspinding code to that slimdx code?
Baristan6
Cross Eyed!

Post by Baristan6 »

No. I've found all of the scan codes, and have tested most of them to find which need the extended key flag.
The best list of DIK to scan codes I've found is from Arma 3.
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DIK_KeyCodes

I've looked at Microsoft's Keyboard Scan Code Specification. There could be issues reading some scan codes from hardware with shift modifiers, but using them as output shouldn't be a problem.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

OK, then only Brantlew knows why he left them out :D

Return to “FreePIE”